Guest Inn Of Norman

Orbitz.com Hotels.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Average

• tinyvulture's Profile Photo

basic accomodations

The Guest Inn provides a cheap (the cheapest in Norman, I believe), clean, basic room. We had a non-smoking room with one king-size bed for $55/night. The bed was comfortable, although the bedspread was a bit scratchy. The room was also furnished with two recliners, so you don't have to sit on the bed. There was a mini-fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. The TV had cable and the remote control worked fine. The bathroom is good-sized and the shower had good water pressure and plenty of hot water.

The walls seem thick enough; we didn't hear our neighbors at all. My only complaint is that it was noisy in the mornings. One door opens on the parking lot, so we heard families packing up and heading out pretty early. We also heard the maids talking loudly and knocking on doors for room service. If you stay on the 2nd floor, you might avoid these noises and be able to sleep in a little longer.

Unique Quality: Pets are allowed.
    There is an outdoor pool, which we did not use but it looked nice.
    There's free breakfast in the lobby consisting of coffee and individually wrapped items such as breakfast burritos. Also, Golden Corral and Denny's are right next door.
    They advertise free wi-fi access, but my husband was unable to use his laptop. He called the front desk and they gave him a code to use, but it still didn't work.
    Bring a hair-dryer; they do not provide one.
    Check in time is 3:00 PM, Check out time is 11:00 AM

Directions: On W. Main St., near the I-35 access road.

• Keelo's Profile Photo

What The.......

This is probably the cheapest hotel you will find. Though the front desk was friendly and helpfull , when I got to the room and saw the grafitti spray painted on the chair in my room, I was glad I was only staying there for one night.

Unique Quality: Next to allot of shopping and eating establishments. Again really cheap.

Directions: Right off interstate 35 on Main st. to the left