Crowne Plaza Oklahoma City

See Amenities

Good accomodations for olfactory-deficient

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 3, 2007

I was there for three nights. I enjoyed spending time in the room: it was quiet, had a desk and chair plus an overstuffed chair and ottoman. The floor lamp behind the ottoman was not plugged in and there was no electrical outlet within reach of the cord -- obviously there for aesthetics only, not as a functioning lamp (and it did look great, right there behind that overstuffed chair next to the window drapes!).

I debated about including the following info: it is the only reason I wouldn't stay there again (or would demand a lower rate): whenever I walked through the lobby from the elevator to the door, or vice versa, the smell reminded me of a sewage treatment plant. It got to the point the last day I was there that I'd pause outside to grab a lungful of air before going in. And if in the elevator on the way down, I'd hold my breath between 2nd and 1st floors and make a mad dash for the front door as soon as the elevator opened.

Lots of aircraft crews from major airlines stay here. (I saw at least three check in while I was there, and that was only during the [minimal] time I spent in the lobby...I'm sure there were others I didn't see.)

Unique Quality: Room was very nice w/floor to ceiling windows and thermostat-controlled temp (not that silly thing under the window that shows red for warmer and blue for colder that you'll find in most motels). Took me a day to realize that the fan was set to "On" (instead of "Auto"), so 1st night's sleep was noisy. Beds are wonderful: pillows are right, linens kept me and my family warm. TV service includes HBO; anything else is extra, including their video-gaming ($2.95/hr). Pool is outdoor (closed in the late fall to early spring); this info was hidden when booking on Hotwire (though the hotel provided the name of a nearby healthclub w/indoor pool, and there are a couple of YMCAs nearby). Lobby restaurant is pretty good, but somewhat spendy. I never found the advertised exercise facility (though I didn't look for it very hard). In-lobby business center (online PC and printer).

Directions: NW section of town, N side of NW Expressway, a couple blocks E of 74, just W of May. (NW Expressway addresses do NOT follow the numbered cross streets, so though this is 2945, the E-W cross street is nearer 58th or 60th than 29th.)

Nearby Crowne Plaza Oklahoma City

• Free Parking
  • Business Services
  • Free High Speed Internet

Oklahoma City Travel Forum

Need advice about Oklahoma City, Oklahoma? Visit the Travel Forum for Oklahoma City and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Oklahoma City hotel reviews

Park Harvey Sushi
Oklahoma City National Memorial
VISIT THE OKLAHOMA CITY NATIONAL MEMORIAL
Things to Do
a nice place for a stroll or beer
Favorite Sandwich
Oklahoma City National Memorial
Walk-through
Things to Do
Sunsets, Bikes, boats & Beer with RC!
And Jesus Wept
Sports & Outdoors
Good Chinese
Mexican Food Embassy
Restaurants
Beautiful view of the Lake!
Sports Grill
GO WEST... OKLAHOMA CITY
Movie Night-Harkins Cine Capri At Bricktown Cinema
Things to Do
Overcoming the specter of violence .......
Cowpokes and Cattle Prods in Stockyards City