2945 NW Expressway, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, 73112-5463, United States

IHG Expedia.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Poor

Costs 40% more and rated 18% lower than other 3 star hotels

• Good accomodations for olfactory-deficient

I was there for three nights. I enjoyed spending time in the room: it was quiet, had a desk and chair plus an overstuffed chair and ottoman. The floor lamp behind the ottoman was not plugged in and there was no electrical outlet within reach of the cord -- obviously there for aesthetics only, not as a functioning lamp (and it did look great, right there behind that overstuffed chair next to the window drapes!).

I debated about including the following info: it is the only reason I wouldn't stay there again (or would demand a lower rate): whenever I walked through the lobby from the elevator to the door, or vice versa, the smell reminded me of a sewage treatment plant. It got to the point the last day I was there that I'd pause outside to grab a lungful of air before going in. And if in the elevator on the way down, I'd hold my breath between 2nd and 1st floors and make a mad dash for the front door as soon as the elevator opened.

Lots of aircraft crews from major airlines stay here. (I saw at least three check in while I was there, and that was only during the [minimal] time I spent in the lobby...I'm sure there were others I didn't see.)

Unique Quality: Room was very nice w/floor to ceiling windows and thermostat-controlled temp (not that silly thing under the window that shows red for warmer and blue for colder that you'll find in most motels). Took me a day to realize that the fan was set to "On" (instead of "Auto"), so 1st night's sleep was noisy. Beds are wonderful: pillows are right, linens kept me and my family warm. TV service includes HBO; anything else is extra, including their video-gaming ($2.95/hr). Pool is outdoor (closed in the late fall to early spring); this info was hidden when booking on Hotwire (though the hotel provided the name of a nearby healthclub w/indoor pool, and there are a couple of YMCAs nearby). Lobby restaurant is pretty good, but somewhat spendy. I never found the advertised exercise facility (though I didn't look for it very hard). In-lobby business center (online PC and printer).

Directions: NW section of town, N side of NW Expressway, a couple blocks E of 74, just W of May. (NW Expressway addresses do NOT follow the numbered cross streets, so though this is 2945, the E-W cross street is nearer 58th or 60th than 29th.)

Comments