1 Park Avenue, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, 73102, United States

Expedia.com Booking.com Priceline.com

Costs 70% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• rexvaughan's Profile Photo

Historic and lovely

When I was young, the Skirvin was considered “the place to stay” in Oklahoma City, but I traveled little then and it was beyond my price range in any case. It does occupy a pretty significant place in the history of Oklahoma, being built William “Bill” Skirvin whow was one of the first white settlers in Oklahoma Territory in the 1889 Run. His daughter, Perle Mesta became a very famous Washington hostess. The hotel was the center of Oklahoma City politics and celebrities in its heyday but fell on hard times in the late 20th Century. In 2007, newly renovated in grand fashion, it reopened and is a really wonderful new old place. Everything about it is first class.

An interesting feature of our room was that the blanket folded at the end of the bed had the history of the hotel written on it.

Unique Quality: We enjoyed our stay here and looking out the window of our room we could see the jewelry store where I bought my wife’s wedding and engagement rings over 50 years ago. It is still going strong since 1892!

• The One & ONLY!

This is a MUST visit. Beautiful restoration! Luxary at it's finest! Full of Hollywood history and still service all visiting celebs. Best food and service ANYWHERE! NO COMPLAINTS!!

Unique Quality: We felt like royalty! The entire hotel is breath taking and the rooms are quite!

Directions: One block from Ford Center and a few blocks from Bricktown.

More about Hilton Skirvin Hotel Oklahoma City

Skirvin Hotel

by mrclay2000

Listed on the National Register of Historic Places and built in the teens of the prior century, the present structure has sadly been vacant since the late 1980s. Recently the city bought the structure for just under $3 million, but surveys have suggested that over $30 million would be required to return this hotel, once the prized hospitality property in the city, to an operational status. There is no other architectural style quite like the Skirvin Hotel anywhere else in Oklahoma City.

Bullet Tips:

by CptnObvious

Interesting things:
Bomb Memorial,
Cowboy Hall of Fame,
OKC Museum of Art (Chihuly glass exhibit like Bellagio Hotel in Vegas)
Civic Center (art decco out and ultra-mod inside)
Skirvin Hotel (a beautiful hotel going through 45 mill. renov.)
Bricktown (still new but full of great rest. and nightlife),
Capital bldg.
Remington Park (soon to be horserace & casino)
Guthrie (hist. town 15 min. north; worth the trip)
Santa Fe Depot

- Food:
Eastwharf
Bricktown (everything to eat. Finest are Nonna's and Mickey Mantle. Funnest is Bricktown Brewery),
Cattlemen's Steak House,
La Baguette bistro,
Boulevard,
Ted's Escondido on May (best Mex.),
Western Ave. Rest such as, Metro, Sushi Neko, Deep Fork

- Nightlife:
Trendy (Lit, Rane, the Purple Bar, Skky, Electro)
Live Music (VZD's, Bricktown Brewery, Green Door)
Penny beer (club Rodeo, Wormy Dog)

-Hotels:
Renaissance dntwn
Sheraton dntwn
Waterford
Courtyard by Marriot dntwn
coming soon: the Colcord boutique hotel, the Skirvin renovation, and Embassy Suites in Bricktown

- Best Movie Theatres:
Harkins Theatres in Bricktown
Quial Springs AMC 24

- Watch out for:
Frontier City
streets that start with NE prefix
the weather... dont risk it in OK
State Fair
Tinseltown theatre

- The beer:
1% alchol different than everywhere else and it only applies to cold beer sells at stores and big name "domestics." You can still get regular beer at bars.

Sports:
triple A ball, still fun and the stadium is like small MLB stadium,
Blazers Hockey,
Yard Dawgs Arena F-ball
But... OU is just 20 min. south for coll. f-ball (a great college town and the f-ball stadium holds 85,000)
OSU is just one hr. north for coll. b-ball

Needs:
car. not the most pop. city in America but it is one of the biggest
a smile... OKC is very hospitable and full of nice people so if you suck they will not like you.

Overall:
goods and bads. For a while the bad has outweighed the good... but with all the efforts by the citizens it will be great. (young city)

Hilton Employees Stole $2500 worth of property

by TripAdvisor Member krh04

My computer ($2500 MacbookPro) was stolen out of my locked room by an employee of the Hilton (their own theft investigation confirmed) and the hotel says it is my fault. Because I didn't use a lock box (the safe in the closet was too small for my computer to fit in) they claim
I am responsible. I can't believe that they know exactly who took the computer but don't accept any kind of responsibility.

Furthermore, they have never apologized or tried to compensate me IN ANY WAY for my loss. Their loss prevention manager, Patrick Shields, has not kept in touch with me as he promised and will not return my calls.

I have filed a formal report and and a police report, but it looks like the employees of the Skirvin Hilton have free license to steal out of guests' rooms without penalty.

Classy Downtown Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member UTAustin

If you're staying in downtown Oklahoma City, the Skirvin Hilton is an excellent choice. I've stayed there three times over the last few weeks on stays ranging from one to four nights. Each time I was in a different room on a different floor. In each case the beds were comfortable, the rooms were clean, and the atmosphere was nice.

The hotel is a historic hotel that has been brought back to its original quality. It is one of the few hotels that I've seen where the pictures on the internet match up with the actual appearance of the hotel. The decor is a bit over the top and loud in some cases, but it's still consistent and new.

The bathrooms are quite nice. I was especially impressed with the towels. They were - night after night, room after room - soft and fresh. All the usual Hilton amenities were in the bathroom.

The beds were the signature Hilton bed. Each room had a flat screen television with digital cable. T

he rooms have a nice desk designed for laptop computers. They have plenty of plugs. In addition, there is solid wireless internet throughout the property, though it costs about $10 per day.

The bar at night usually seemed to draw a nice crowd and the restaurant was good for a quick morning breakfast.

If you're in town on business, this is a perfect place to stay if the company is downtown. It's right across the street from Devon's offices. If you're going to do work with Chesapeake that's about a 10 to 15 minute drive. The commute from the airport is easy to the hotel.

All in all, this hotel is a solid bet for a trip to Oklahoma City.

Classic Grand Hotel in OKC

by TripAdvisor Member Four2Ski

To echo many of the other reviews here, the Skirvin has a lot of history, and has recently been renovated and reopened. It seems like they did everything right. The rooms are clean and well appointed. The furnishings are very high quality and the amenities are great. The thing that stands out however, is the service. I had two rooms booked for a party and spent some time talking with one of the bellmen. I mentioned how nice all the employees were , and he said it was because they all enjoyed working at the property. After that, I noticed that most of the employees, did, in fact have smiles on their faces, and went out of their way to help their guests. I hope that attitude continues. Grab a room while you can, prices are climbing as OKC becomes a more popular destination.

Beautiful Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member okietravelboy

I chose the Skirvin for an anniversary get-away for me & my wife. Everything was perfect...almost. 1) We ordered room service dinner. For the entree we chose, the menu listed three side items. We got one. When I called, I was told the menu was out-of-date...that entree comes with only one side. 2) The room was stuffy for sleeping for us. When I called, I was told the room temp was regulated & could not be adjusted below 68 degrees. 3) At check-in we were told the breakfast buffet was open from 6:30-10:30, which was verified on our breakfast vouchers. We arrived for breakfast at 9:45. They closed the buffet at 10:00! These are small annoyances which should be corrected. But they do not overshadow an otherwise wonderful stay in a beautiful hotel.

Great Hotel, Excellent service!!

by TripAdvisor Member mljhnsn

We were excited to stay at the Skirvin, it is one of the nicest hotels in Oklahoma City. The customer service was great everyone had a smile everyone was kind and helpful. We ordered room service for breakfast and the food was awesome. They have a nice fitness center that is 24 hours with your card key, and a pool and hot tub that have open and close time. Both were very nice facilities. One thing I would have like to have seen is a spa or Massage thearpist. I really enjoyed our stay. We purchased a romance package for our anniversary which included chocolate covered strawberries (4) and a bottle of some sparkling wine along with some vouchers for breakfast. The breakfast vouchers were good for up to $15 dollars each. At first that dissappointed me but then when the food arrived it was awesome, visually and tastefully exquisite, and it was perfect portions. We would gladly stay at this hotel again.

Excellent Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Genob

Just returned from a four night stay at the Skrivin over Thanksgiving weekend. I was very impressed with this hotel. A true and unexpected luxury in Oklahoma City. The lobby and bar are terrific, the room very nice and tasteful, and the hotel just oozes history. The staff was also extremely helpful and friendly. Was in town to visit family in Norman, and am so glad I decided to just make a daily drive down. I travel a great deal both for business and pleasure, and this hotel really is up there with any city hotel.

Skirvin HotelSkirvin Hotel