Holiday Inn Oklahoma City Airport

Wyndham Garden Oklahoma City
Travelocity Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Average

More about Oklahoma City

the eery empty seats, a symbol of those lostthe eery empty seats, a symbol of those lost

Crystal Bridge Tropical ConservatoryCrystal Bridge Tropical Conservatory

one of several waterfallsone of several waterfalls

The Oklahoma City National MemorialThe Oklahoma City National Memorial

Noodleing. Fishing, and other fun activities.

by kzapanta

I will be in Oklahoma city on May 16th-19th and parts south to north Texas.

I was wondering if someone here goes noodleing/bare fishing/tickling in any streams or rivers in that general area and would be willing to have a companion for an afternoon enjoying the hobby and a few beers?

I would LOVE to try this form of fishing and it would be better to meet fellow VT members cause of it and my learning curve and mysterious bite count would hopefully be lower.

Please let me know. Thanks Ken.

Re: Noodleing. Fishing, and other fun activities.

by Matt420

Ken,

Your best bet would be to contact a local fishing guide in the area, I'm sure they could point you in the right direction or know someone who noodles, also if you can find any bait shops they would probably know as well.

Good luck and post some pictures.

Re: Noodleing. Fishing, and other fun activities.

by kzapanta

Thanks, the bait shops is a great idea and I will try that.
I'll send pics if I ever get to do it.
Ken

Travel Tips for Oklahoma City

Oklahoma Vistor Center

by Yaqui

As entering the beautiful state of Oklahoma off of the Interstate 35 coming from Texas, I stopped at the Vistor Center, which is a very impressive building. When you enter, it feels very inviting and the folks are so friendly. They serve free coffee too, restrooms are available and, lots of traveling information. They have a really impressive decore inside with some really wonderful murals too.
580-296-2672
Vistor Center There was a couple of maintenance fellows that were teasing me by telling me that in order to take a picture I had to pay them.....I just giggled and said "right". They giggle too. Oh, it was funny also the lovely lady behind the counter kept ducking out of the way while I was trying to get her picture too, I kept telling to get back to her post....lol! She was red by the time I left there....lol!

Lake Overholser

Lake...

by WFTR

Lake Overholser

Lake Overholser is on the western side of the city and is a couple of acre lake. The road around the lake is an eight mile loop, and I used to ride my bike around this loop regularly when I lived there. On the eastern edge of the lake is an island accessible by car. For the most part, it only had a parking lot that was accessible, but the island was a nice place to walk. Many people fished there. The northern part of the lake is bordered by parts of the old Hwy 66. I used to love riding my bike along the rough road surface that was easily recognizable as original Rt. 66.

One of My Favorite Italian Restaurants

by mrclay2000 about Spaghetti Warehouse

One of the earliest businesses to revive the resurrected Bricktown, the Spaghetti Warehouse is strictly family and fun atmosphere, with great food, great prices, and a perfectly enjoyable interior decor. I used to order cannelloni by the pair (two salads, two entrees, and double the pleasure) until they changed the recipe. Then I switched to lasagna. The chain has every conceivable variation of spaghetti.

Capitol

by el_ruso

This is not the most elaborate capitol buidling, but still nice. It is located away from the downtown along with other state buidling. It used to be the only one without a cupola, and they were building one when I was visiting.

Empty Chairs

by mrclay2000

Along the lawn south of the reflecting pool are 168 empty chairs representing the lives lost. Each is engraved with the victim's name, with the smaller chairs representing the murdered children. Visitors are required to keep to the walk encircling the chairs. Only family members are allowed to approach the markers directly.

Comments