6303 NW 63rd Street, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, 73132, United States

Orbitz.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Average

• Isola Bella great getaway at an affordable price

My husband is employed under FAA and due to that we have become accustomed to temporary residential/hotel living here at Isola Bella. To begin with, although the units are not brand new they are accommodating and feature nice flat screen TV's and all the amenities hotels offer. Upon checking in at the pavillion we were greeted and told our rooms would be ready for check in within 10 minutes. We were early so we didnt mind and settled in by enjoying dinner there on site which was decent food. After checking in we explored the area. There are lovely scenic trails to walk along however go early in the day if you walk along the mini lakes due to the insects. My husband prefers to work out early and i think it's fair to say the fitness facility is equipped with just about everything so I am forced to not become lazy.. One objection I did have was the Internet connected failed so after calling the office to report the problem a maintenance personnel (derek) arrived and he cheerfully fixed the issue. Ironically, later that night the same issue came up and i called again for them to resolve the issue and the same maintanence man arrived promptly. Just a suggestion whomever is responsible for maintaining the pools need to do a better job of keeping the pools clean. One comment I will include on a positive note~ during the entire duration of staying here at Isola Bella we had to contact the office 4 times late in the evening once for a backed up toilet and 3 of the 4 times we received excellent service. In fact my husband had a nice conversation with the gentlemen who said his name was Derek and he provided us with not only professional help but seemed to be sincere and kind even offering to go above and beyond to make us more comfortable. The one unsatisfactory experience was a problem with keys and we waited over an hour to receive any help. At the close of our stay we were allowed to check out quite easily And any problems we had were addressed by the supervisor on site named Melissa who appeared to be genuinely concerned with ensuring all our needs had been met. Overall I would rate our experience an 8/10 and recommend this place to others as a lovely place to stay but I do hope they improve the pool status.

Unique Quality: Great fitness facility.. Average to good meals, professional and friendly help by supervisor and maintenance representatives.

More about Oklahoma City

tropical plants in OKtropical plants in OK

Before, during and after the blast.Before, during and after the blast.

Bricktown and Abuelo'sBricktown and Abuelo's

Canyon PrincessCanyon Princess

Travel Tips for Oklahoma City

St Paul's Cathedral

by mrclay2000

Listed on the National Register of Historic Sites and built in the first decade of the last century, the prospect of St Paul's Cathedral has commanded its surroundings for over a century. Built in a weak sort of Gothic style, the tower has since become overgrown with ivy, which coupled with the stained glass windows makes this Episcopal church a wonderful throwback to when Oklahoma City was little more than a glorified village.

On the Grounds I MIGHT Be Wrong

by mrclay2000 about Zio's

The long dining hall is generally filled with satisfied patrons, and the restaurant itself (part of a small chain operating in CO, TX, OK, KS, MO, and NM) is often listed among Oklahoma City's favorite Italian restaurants. Sometimes I wish I could understand my fellow man. This food to me tastes like the best frozen food you can buy at a restaurant. The last serving I ate from here led to a well-publicized VT forum by Ivan_Jimenez, to whom I confided a food-related condition that kept me confined in the bathroom. I have no favorite dish at this restaurant.

Cole Gardens

by Edgeon

Cole gardens is made of up of several themed gardens interspersed with bronze, stone and wood sculptures by various local artists. Themes include a desert garden, a two-level koi fish pond with a waterfall between them and an English garden with painted wooden horses once owned by Queen Victoria.

The gardens, although beautiful, are quite small, capable of being seen in under an hour, especially if you're not that into flowers. So it's not worth the $7 cover price, but it is worth going to with a member of the opposite sex and say you looking for a place to get married. Because the gardens also include a place to hold the ceremony and reception, they let you in to look around. Buy a packet of fish food for 50 cents from the souvenier store, feed the koi and generally enjoy the beauty.

Scene of the Crime

by mrclay2000

This picture depicts the open space where once stood the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building. Only the staircases and some hardened walls remain of the original structure. At the left in the photo is St Joseph's Cathedral, and in the background the Regency Towers, many of whose windows were blown out during the bombing. Designs for the National Memorial were chosen by a committee comprised of family members, survivors, rescuers, civil leaders and design professionals.

Oklahoma City, OK

by frankcanfly

Oklahoma City: I lived here for two years in the late 1980's when I was in the Air Force. I didn't move here by choice, but ended up enjoying my stay very much. I found enough charm to keep returning for visits at least once a year.

See my "Off the Beaten Path" segment for a unique description of the activity shown here......

It's the most fun you can have with your pants on in this town!!

I visit Patty and her family whenever I get back to town....

Comments