Marriott Oklahoma City

Tower Hotel Oklahoma City
Priceline.com Expedia.com Booking.com

More about Oklahoma City

a HUGE hot house effecta HUGE hot house effect

Beautiful flowers inside the Conservatory.Beautiful flowers inside the Conservatory.

my favorite place in OKCmy favorite place in OKC

View of the museum from its inner courtyard.View of the museum from its inner courtyard.

40 and up

by gurlsunshine

I am new in the area and I don't know a soul. I am a professional and I am a forty yo female. Where is a great, fun but not too expensive place to meet people?

Re: 40 and up

by Yaqui

Bricktown seems like a happening place for all ages. Just be careful though!

Dee

Re: 40 and up

by hosetower

Bricktown is ok if you are downtown(or going there) I've never had any problems, and there is a police station right there. A little more focus on what kind of place you are looking for would help a lot. Hefner Parkway and Britton Rd has some bars/rest. on the lake that are nice. There are also jogging/walking/bicycle trails there. If you're in one of the burbs there are some places there as well. I'm 54 and lived here a long time. If you would like more info or have more questions just ask, or you can email me if you wish. Welcome and good luck!

Travel Tips for Oklahoma City

the thing about wells

by richiecdisc

Waking up in a cheap hotel isn't much better than falling asleep in one. We'd arrived around midnight the night before after finding slim pickings in the way of accommodation on the road from Little Rock to Oklahoma City. I had to bang on the owner's door to get this fleabag and suddenly my wife's tolerance of my penchant for brewpubs was wearing thin. It wasn't entirely the brewpubs faults however and we resigned that earlier starts would get us to our destinations earlier. Besides, this room wasn't exactly one that you would want to linger in anyway. So, we got on the road early and headed towards the last of my fifty states, Oklahoma.

Oklahoma City was the only planned stop in the state but we had a few things to see in town and surprisingly none of them involved beer. I figured maybe I better give that one a rest after last night. First up was the the Oklahoma National Memorial. It was in the National Park system and since we had a National Parks pass it would be free. That's a good word when you're on a tight budget. It was an eery experience walking around an area of recent mass destruction. Oddly, maybe more so than walking around a Nazi concentration camp. I guess you would think that time would have taught man a lesson or something. It was interesting enough walking around the memorial but found out that the museum that would explain the atrocity was not included with our Parks Pass. So, headed over to the Oklahoma Botanical Gardens as we also had a pass allowing us into selected such places around the US too. This kept us busy for another hour or so and we figured we would then walk around the downtown a bit before we hit the road. As soon as we drove into the renovated warehouse district, I saw not only the brewery I had read about and given a pass to, but a huge sign saying Happy Hour 3-7 on top of it. We parked right outside of it but took a walk around the quaint little area, snapping some photos. As chance would have it, it was just around 3:00 when we got back to the car. My wife smiled at my timing. Funnily enough, there had been no timing on my part. It just happened. Really, it did. The brewery was pretty good too. The beer was nothing super special but at $1.75 a pint, a price I hadn't seen in about a decade, it wasn't bad either. They also had some cheap food so it doubled as a dinner stop. That's the thing about wells. You don't know if they're dry unless you stop to have a drink.

Peaceful Cloisters

by mrclay2000

The cloisters of St Paul's Cathedral are rightfully regarded as the most peaceful and secluded in the city. Although the area directly around this historic church is sparse, fronted only by One Bell Plaza (Central High School) to the west, the instant you step into the shade of the cloisters you'll feel transported into an almost pastoral setting of religious and peaceful meditation.

Best potato soup around

by rexvaughan about Charleston's

There are at least 4 locations for Charleston's in OKC: Nichols Hills, the Village, Northwest Expressway and Meridian Avenue near the airport. They serve a pretty extensive menu and I have not been disappointed in any instance. Their specialties are steak and baby back ribs which are delicious. The interiors are lots of wood and brick which gives a dark but pleasant and warm atmosphere. One of my favorites here, besides the ribs, is their salad and baked potato soup for lunch. The soup is almost unmatched anywhere this side of Ireland.

Bricktown Plaza

by msbrandysue

This is the fun, social part of downtown. It is right at I 235 and I 40. Here there are restaurants, bars, movie theatre, and parking!! There is Toby Keith's I Love This Bar and Grill, Marble Slab (Ice Cream), an Italian restaurant, BBQ, and more. This is also a fun place to get on the water taxi. We went on a nice night and could walk around, enjoy the night, eat, and catch a movie. Don't miss this part of town!

And Jesus Wept

by mrclay2000

West of the Memorial grounds stands this small sculpture of Jesus with his face covered in agony. The sculpture stands with its back to the Memorial, as if looking away with a heavy heart. Today, the robes are embroidered with layer after layer of lipstick imprints leading all the way to the Christ's own cheek.

Comments