Super 8 Fairgrounds NW Oklahoma City

Orbitz.com Priceline.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Oklahoma City

Oklahoma City MemorialOklahoma City Memorial

Oklahoma is ok!Oklahoma is ok!

Coming Through the RyeComing Through the Rye

Chicken in the RoughChicken in the Rough

Travel Tips for Oklahoma City

Stats

by jedd43

The population of Oklahoma City is approximately 444,719.
The approximate number of families is 212,367.
The amount of land area in Oklahoma City is 1575.131 sq. kilometers.

The amount of surface water is 38.514 sq kilometers.

Oklahoma City is positioned 35.46 degrees north of the equator and 97.51 degrees west of the prime meridian.

Oklahoma City elevation is 1,276 feet above sea level.
Oklahoma City location: in central Oklahoma.

The weather in Oklahoma City is a little bit of everything! Winter winds and wind chill cause the temperature to go even lower than the average in the 30's. In the summers, the wind is still there, but helps to cool off the hot, humid days and nights. There is an average annual humidity of about 64 percent.
Oklahoma City average annual snowfall is 9 inches per year.
And let's not forget those Tornados .
photo courtesty corbis.com

for a great sandwich

by catwoman5353 about The Deli under the Labyrinth

This cute little place has fresh, original, and delicious sanwiches and soups. They also have great coffee drinks and herbal teas. It's the only place in OKC (that I know of) where you can get a cuban sandwich.

Remembering the bombing

by catwoman5353

The Murrah Building memorial is one of the most touching and beautiful I have ever seen. Even if you just stop by for a minute, it's worth it. One good thing is that the memorial is open 24hrs and there's no fee to get in. If you want to go to the museum, it closes at 6pm, and there is a charge to get in. It would be worth your while to go during the day, see everything and go to the museum, then stop by after dark. It's all lit up and is really beautiful. For a great picture, see Edgeon's page.

Oklahoma City Museum of Art

by rexvaughan

Surprisingly this museum holds the largest permanent collection of Dale Chihuly's art in the world. It began in 1999 when they commissioned him to do a memorial tower (in the photo) as the signature piece for the museum. They then held an exhibit of his work and raised the funds to purchase the entire collection.

The Tower is 55 feet tall and inclludes 2100 individually blown glass parts and is quite stunning. The entire collection is amazing and well worth a visit.

They also have regular exhibitions of various sorts and on our last visit we saw an incredible exhibit of Margaret Bourke-White's "Photography of Design" don in the late 1920's and 1930's featuring striking photos of American industry and its factories.

Closed on Monday. Admission: $7 adults, $5 seniors & students, children under 5 free.

Highlights of OKC

by msbrandysue

"Why Did I Come??"

When I told people I was traveling to Oklahoma City they asked, "WHY?!?" I came here with my Aunt because we both love the book 1000 Places To See Before You Die. I made it into a simple weekend trip. My aunt takes care of my 80 year old grandma so it was close, cheap, and only a short time away. You can find the details of the main event in my Cattlemen's review on the restaurant tips.

"My Favorite Part"

I was blown away with the power emanating from the National OKC Memorial and Museum. This tragedy meant a lot to me because I watched it from the beginning to the end. I was actually 11 when it happened. I was home sick and saw it as soon as I turned on the television that day. I spent the majority of the day watching it and talking to my mom on the phone. This memorial is the best I have ever seen. It really is an American Pride as well as a tale of International Respect and Tolerance. It really makes you realize the violence in this world is not just a movie. It also demonstrated to me that America needs to look inside its own for a good reality check.

"Surprise Attraction"

I had no idea about the Bricktown Plaza but I really enjoyed it. It would definitely be a spot I would return to frequently if I lived near the city. It is very up in the air, lots of variety, anyone can really fit it. It's a great way to enjoy the day/night in a very laid back way.

I didn't take any pictures of this plaza :( so the picture is courtesy of www.okccvb.org

Comments