1525 N Milt Phillips Avenue, Seminole, Oklahoma, 74868, United States

MuralMural

Catfish RoundupCatfish Roundup

Polo's Mexican RestaurantPolo's Mexican Restaurant

Travel Tips for Seminole

Visit the CHILDREN'S MUSEUM!

Visit the Jasmine Moran Foundation
CHILDREN'S MUSEUM!!!
It is a wonderful place for children to explore...hands on!
http://www.jasminemoran.mus.ok.us/ This 21,000 foot square building was transformed from an oil field related business to a building filled with educational and entertaining exhibits for children and adults too! They expanded the building in 1998 to 28,000 square feet.

P.O. BOX 1828
For reservations call: 405-382-0950
Seminole, Oklahoma

OPEN: Tuesday through Saturday - 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sunday - 1-5 p.m.

CLOSED: Mondays, Major Holidays,
and the first two weeks in January.

ADMISSION:

Up to 2 years old free (with parent)

Kids 3 to 60 $5

Kids Over 60 $4

plus sales tax

Special rates apply for organized groups and birthday parties WITH RESERVATIONS.

jedd43's new Seminole Page

by jedd43

Seminole is located 50 miles east of Oklahoma City and 9 miles south of Interstate 40. The city and county of Seminole were named after the Seminole Indian Tribe. The Seminoles were originally a part of the Creek Indian Nation. Most Creeks were moved from Alabama to Oklahoma in 1842. The Creek word Seminole means stray people.
In 1926 one of the greatest pools of oil in history was tapped here and overnight Seminole was transformed into a boom town. The oil brought literally thousands of people to Seminole. At the height of the boom, more than 100,000 people received mail here.

Gusher Days

"K-9 Demonstration"

This is a few of our Tri county area k-9 officers. Left to right, Eddie, Donald, Scott, Jack, David and Gary.

This is, district attorney investigator, Gary Rogers, with his malinois K-9 Tarzan.

Gary Rogers was the master of ceremonies at this event. The presentation was well done!

Another pic of Gary and Tarzan.

This is David Conley with his malinois K-9 Kevin.

This is a real person, well padded, I believe his name was Steve, that Kevin is chewing on!

David and Kevin again

This is Donald and his k-9 Whiskey. I believe Whiskey is a Hungarian Shepard.
The man in the blue jeans and white T shirt is Wolfgang F. Hinker the trainer of all of these beautiful dogs!

Another pic of Donald.

This is Deputy Sheriff Eddie Abbiss and his Hungarian Shepard Joki (pronounced Jockey)

Another pic of Joki...this time with me. This photo was taken (by Eddie) a few months ago during colder weather. Joki is my favorite! ;o} His eyes didn't turn out right in the photo, but...maybe another time. :-/

"On to the parade"

On to the parade with Jack and Wade

This was my view of the parade ;o} Imagine sirens blasting too. The next pic was my rear view of the parade...boy do I feel safe!

I would like to thank Krystynn for making my pics animated!
Specially created for Http://www.virtualtourist.com/Jedd43