Bend Riverside Motel Suites

Hotels.com Orbitz.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Average

More about Bend

Majestic Redmond, ORMajestic Redmond, OR

Scenic overlook on trail to Bennham FallsScenic overlook on trail to Bennham Falls

Waters roar behind the floral screenWaters roar behind the floral screen

South Sister rising high above the main Green LakeSouth Sister rising high above the main Green Lake

Travel Tips for Bend

Packing List

by Shantae

No matter what time of year, always bring a jacket and jeans. It can get pretty cold in the winter but it is a dry cold so it doesn't seem as bad. During the summer it may be 95 degrees during the day, but we have summer frosts. The temperature gets down in the 20's in the middle of July sometimes. Usually averages in the 40's. On hot days we tend to get rain storms that come through quickly and cool off the pavement. Bring a camera with lots of film. Snow boots like sorels in the winter. Don't forget your snow clothes and snowboard or skis. You can rent the board, skis, and boots at the mountain if you don't have one. Pack warm clothes in winter. In Summer bring light clothes and rafting sandles. But don't forget a sweater in the summer for the cool nights. Wear sunscreen and sunglasses ALL year. We still get tons of sunshine in the winter. I wear sunscreen all year and never forget my sunglasses anywhere. Bring a snake bite kit. We have rattle snakes. They aren't very common, but if you are camping in the 'wild outdoors' you need to be prepared. Taking a small gun is also wise if you are camping. I have run into cougars a few times in the Cascade Mountains but they have not hurt me. Plus there are coyotes too. The cougars are very aggressive and will track you. If you have young kids or dogs, keep your eye on them. I feel the risk is worth it. I camp all the time with the wild animals. Any type of camera and lots of film. There are wild animals; cougars, coyotes, horses, bears & others. Plus the mountains and unique landscape.

BROKEN TOP

by mtncorg

Broken Top pushes itself barely into the 'climb' category from the 'hiking' side. Most of it is just a hard hike, but there are a couple of spots where very sure feet and your hands might come in handy. From the main Green Lake, you climb on bootpaths to Broken Top's long western ridge. Atop this ridge, you simply wander upwards, slowed mainly by the everexpanding views. One small 10 foot section of rock needs to be overcome en route and a narrow airy traverse of the summit block before easy scrambles take you to the summit. The cliffs to the east drop vertically down to the Crook Glacier far below. To the west, the Three Sisters are glorious. Mt Bachelor is in the immediate southeast. Coming back you can retrace your steps or - with good gaiters, balance, boots and trekking poles - you can ski the vast scree slopes. Cowabunga!!

Bend- The City of My Dreams

by kmifflin

"Where Heaven and Reality Meet"

If home is where your heart is, I knew I had to move here after I graduated!

Never has there been a place quite like Bend, Oregon! I just recently moved here so bear with me, I will get this up and going a little more every week. I just need to get out there and take pictures!!!

Comments