Cricketwood Country Bed and Breakfast

63520 Cricketwood Road, Bend, Oregon, 97701, United States

More about Cricketwood Country Bed and Breakfast

Bed and Breakfast gold!

by TripAdvisor Member Gentlemanhiker

Knowing full well that I may be making it more difficult on myself to re-book a stay at Cricketwood, I must say that this could be the best B&B I've ever encountered (and I've stayed at quite a few). This is as close to all-inclusive as a B&B can get. I could carry on about this place, but I'll try to be brief. The facility, located a few miles east of downtown Bend, was first-rate. Our room had a high quality bed and bedding, satellite radio and TV, DVD player (with an extensive DVD library), binders with restaurant reviews and menus, maps and hiking books, and a large private bath. The common areas were spotless. There is an outdoor hot tub, patio, outdoor games, and a friendly, well-behaved dog. Breakfast is ordered off a lengthy menu and is served on the patio, in the dining room, or in your room at whatever time you desire. Also included is snacks, soda, bottle water, coffee, tea, wine, and beer. The owners are wonderful and are very knowledgeable about the area. Cricketwood is an incredible value.

We Love Cricketwood!!!

by TripAdvisor Member FlorenceGrahamz

Cricketwood is the best Bed & Breakfast we have ever stayed at. I have stayed at Cricketwood 7 times, and would live there if they would let me! Jim and Tracy really have thought of everything to make it the most enjoyable place to stay. The rooms are quiet, private and comfortable, the breakfast is THE BEST, games, movies, snacks, complimentary beer, pop and wine, and hot cookies and milk delivered to my door in the evening is what makes me not want to leave.

They not only have thought of everything to make you comfortable while at the Bed and Breakfast, but have recreational and food ideas and reviews available to help you make the best of your vacation.

I have come as an anniversary getaway with my husband, with my girlfriends for a "Girl's Getaway" and we booked the whole B&B for a fun getaway with couple friends.

I know by writing this, it makes it less likely that I will be able to book next time, they deserve all of the praise they are getting! We'll be back! Save my room!

Another wonderful stay!

by TripAdvisor Member Lovecountryinns

In mid December we decided we needed to go house hunting once again in Bend. Although I doubted they would have room (since we were heading down on Dec 27th), I called Cricketwood and was told that yes, they did have room because during the holiday they saved the rooms for family - and you were family once you have stayed there once! We had the same room (The Country Garden) and, although the price had gone up, we got it for the same price we paid in September. As in September, our stay was incredible and productive - we found our dream house. I am sure we will stay at Cricketwood again at least once before we finally get moved! Thanks Jim and Tracy for EVERYTHING!!

Home away from home...Only better

by TripAdvisor Member hollylaroo

They have thought of everything at this B&B to make your stay relaxing, comfortable, and luxurious. The room was large, comfortable, and well decorated. And the cookies at night and breakfast in the morning were fabulous. I've never been anywhere that lets you customize your meals like that before. We'll be back!

We loved Cricketwood so much that we made a video

by TripAdvisor Member Galvins

We loved our stay at the Cricketwood so much that we made a video which you can check out in the video and pictures section of TripAdvisor. We'll never forget the warm hospitality and tremendous amenities that we received at Cricketwood. We certainly will go back for another vacation and we'll send our friends.

Once in a lifetime experience

by TripAdvisor Member keiko9066

Once in a long while a bed and breakfast comes along and sweeps you off your feet. This is what happens at Cricketwood. The property, hosts, comforts and extras are simply amazing. We stayed in the Secret Garden suite and I have to admit that I was reluctant to leave the room and do anything. The hosts are beyond helpful, they are like friends, determined that you enjoy your visit. The food is amazing and the room was a dream. I want to go back to Bend for many reasons, but especially so we can stay here again.

The best

by TripAdvisor Member aahlagringa

We had never stayed at a B&B before Cricketwood and I was blown away. Jim and Tracy are the nicest hosts you could ever want. They thought of everything, down to slippers in the closet, bubble bath near the bath tub, and cookies and milk at bedtime.

Before we left, we booked a reservation for the following month.

You have to stay here

by TripAdvisor Member Thefirstvancouver

Where to start? This, our third visit to Cricketwood Bed and Breakfast and enjoying the friendship of Tracy and Jim has been the best of all our trips to Bend, Oregon. We’re annual visitors to the area, having stayed in other bed and breakfast inns we have found Jim and Tracy’s Cricketwood to be the Nordstrom’s of B & Bs. We’re spoiled now and cannot begin to consider any other location to stay while visiting the Bend area. To us, why stay in an impersonal hotel or motel when you can be pampered to your heart’s desire by Tracy and Jim? Unbelievable customer first focused attention, they strive to make each guest’s visit the most enjoyable possible. We cannot begin to list all the amenities and special treats they offer, almost all of it complementary but here’s a small sample. Excellent cold beer, soft drinks, water, wine available at any hour, free of charge. Fresh baked cookies, tasty hot chocolate delivered to your door each night (but you don’t just have to have hot chocolate, perhaps coffee or decaf is more to your liking, no problem). Hot fresh coffee delivered to your door each morning as you dress so you may prepare yourself to sit down and enjoy a gourmet breakfast made when you want, as you want. After a day of skiing, hiking or just touring Bend, there’s the hot tub under the stars in the evening. We love to watch the clouds and stars pass over while relaxing and letting our bodies soak in the soothing warmth of the water. Then to fall into a soft, pillow topped bed so comfortable you’ll be fast asleep in no time and ready to enjoy another day just like the first all over again. That was only a small sampling of the many amenities available but first and foremost is wonderful care and attention furnished by Jim and Tracy. We consider them our friends as well as our hosts and they really do make each of our visits special. They are the reason why we’ll keep coming back to Cricketwood year after year.

Ralph and Nancy
Vancouver, WA

Absolutely Splendid!

by TripAdvisor Member mizhyde

Jim and Tracy, the inkeepers at the Cricketwood B & B, are incomparable with ANY other lodging hosts I have ever had the pleasure of staying with. They are real, down to Earth people who have lived an amazing life to arrive where they are today; beautiful, mountain fresh Bend Oregon in a simply superb bed and breakfast. They have mastered every detail a luxurious utopia of an inn should incompass... fresh baked cookies and milk at bedtime, morning coffee and juice in room followed by the best breakast you will EVER have at the grand wooden table in the cozy, inviting dining room! Thank you, once again, Jim and Tracy for another wonderful stay!

By the way,
Not just for couples... I brought my best girlfriend out for her birthday and we had a fabulous time watching movies (old and new), hot tubbing, and helping ourselves to the never-ending supply of goodies including wine, local brew, popcorn, and chips with homemade salsa! Yummmmmy :) A wonderful "girl's night in" idea.. so much fun!

Loved it

by TripAdvisor Member TwinkleBat

It is a little out of town which was nice and they have great directions. When we arrived my husband saw some disc golf baskets which was a huge hit. Jim and Tracy were super nice - he showed us the place - how to work everything, order breakfast and how many cookies we wanted that night. They have all sorts of other little perks - a beverage fridge. a movie library, jacuzzi, direction to restaurants, internet access, guitar in the living room, etc.

For dinner they recommended a great little restaurant the Phoenix Cafe. Again they had excellent directions on getting around town. That night we chilled in the jacuzzi under a nearly full moon and had a great sleep.

The next morning we were served our beverage of choice to our door and breakfast when we wanted it. The breakfast was amazing - good portions, very tasty. The only bummer is we couldn't stay longer. We were driving from Boise to Bend for 1 last night away from home. After looking at the hotels in Bend and not being that excited I decided to checkout the B&B's. Cricketwood had a great website with lots of info, pics and even some video. I was impressed right away - they had options for breakfast and a jacuzzi for the ultimate relaxation. I did go back to my search and found for my money this was the place to go. I called and Jim got back to me right away - we were set.

Comments