2864 S PACIFIC, Cannon Beach, OR 97110
Booking.com Orbitz.com Priceline.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Ocean Lodge

Ocean Lodge is the perfect beach hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member ATL1

Visited the Oregon Coast with my wife for a romantic getaway, and the Ocean Lodge was absolutely perfect! This is the place to stay - without spending a fortune. Great beach views, friendly staff, amazing free breakfast, and homemade scones and snacks throughout the day. We called at the last minute, and the reservation clerk gave us an upgraded room at a nice discount. We would have spent over $100 more to stay at the Stephanie Inn next door.

Our room was very clean and attractive with a relaxing hot tub and DVD player. Our balcony had a wonderful view of Haystack Rock, and the hotel is a 3-minute drive to all the restaurants and shops.

If you want to stay on the beach and enjoy a great relaxing vacation - the Ocean Lodge is the place to stay.

An Oregon Coast Favorite

by TripAdvisor Member PDXDon

We absolutely love the Ocean Lodge and always feel so relaxed after we stay there. It is expensive, but you certainly get what you pay for. All aspects of the hotel are extremely clean and comfortable, and the staff has always been helpful and friendly.

I don't think we could stay anywhere else in Cannon Beach!

Great Views, Great Price, Great people

by TripAdvisor Member mczielinski

My wife and I stayed at the Ocean Lodge one night as part of our Honeymoon. We arrived just in time to see the sunset and see Haystack Rock off the coast.

We had a king bed, fireplace, ocean front suite with views of Haystack Rock. On our 10 day honeymoon, this was the best place of all of our stays in Oregon and Washington, top notch customer service and nicely furnished rooms made this one of the nicer resorts I've ever stayed in.

The town of Cannon Beach is very accomodating to tourists. Many restaurants and shops to keep you busy. Haystack Rock right off the coast is a magnificant sight that is best to be seen in person, pictures do not do it justice.

There is a nice continental breakfast every morning with your above average breakfast fare. A nice library is available for books to read, and the lobby always has freshly baked cookies to snack on.

I would recommend this facility to anyone. We wish we would have stayed here more nights as part of our trip, but now we have an excuse to go back.

Policies are more important than people, they don't have time to talk here!

by TripAdvisor Member SeattleandBeyond

I called to make a reservation and was told that they have a 3 night minimum stay in the summer time. We are going to be on our honeymoon in July and want the opportunity to tour the Oregon Coast so we're staying in Yachats, Depoe Bay, Arch Cape, and Cannon Beach so we can do different activities. I only wanted 2 nights and during the weekday after a holiday I feel confidant that they will have rooms available. The representative was unfriendly, cold, and blunt with me from the beginning of our conversation. When he asked how many adults I said that my fiance and I would be on our honeymoon he said nothing about that and said he could offer a studio on the ground floor without a jacuzzi with a queen bed that is pet friendly. The pet friendly room is available without the 3 night minimum, he could bend the rules if we are interested in that. Not exactly what I would call a romantic honeymoon room. The published rates they have on their website for the standard room says $208 but all of the sudden you call them up and the rooms start at $309 for at least 3 nights. This man actually cut me off when I said I really wanted to try the Ocean Lodge because of reviews on Trip advisor. He said "Maa'm, I've got to go here, give us a call if we can help you." and he hung up on me! I guess I was taking up too much of his time at 11pm at night when I called to make the reservations. Needless to say, we are not going to have the chance to review the hotel, just the service of their front desk agents.

Clean and friendly, but has a slightly corporate vibe

This hotel is very clean, the staff members are remarkably kind and helpful, and it has a lot of thoughtful touches (cookies for people and dogs, hot beverages all day, delicious breakfasts that you can take to your room, and comfortable shared spaces). However, the overall feeling of the rooms is "corporate." The gas fireplaces, odd in-room kitchen areas, and furniture all add up to make the place feel overly new and somewhat sterile.

Several people have commented on the lack of privacy - especially with regard to the decks and ground-level rooms. They're absolutely right! The problem with the decks is not so much that you'll interact with your neighbors when you're out on the deck (that's not a big deal) - it's that you might have to interact with your neighbors when you're in your room! People can easily see into each other's bedrooms from the deck, which can create potentially uncomfortable situations if you want to leave your blinds open while sleeping, changing, lounging, etc.

If you do stay at this hotel and plan on spending a lot of time enjoying the room, I strongly recommend picking a room on the NORTH end and one that is NOT on the ground level. From the north end, you have a view of Haystack rock from within your room. On the south end, you cannot see Haystack Rock unless you walk out on the balcony.

Comments