2500 SW Western Blvd., Corvallis, Oregon, 97333, United States

Expedia.com Booking.com Priceline.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• HGI is slipping!

I travel to Corvallis frequently on business, and I have to say my old standby, the HGI, is no longer up to its former standards. True, the front desk and food service staff are extra friendly and helpful. But on my trip last week, when I went to go to bed, I pulled down the bedspread to discover a pair of mens' shorts! Further exploration revealed the sheets were clearly not clean. Ewwww. The night manager sent up a maintenance man who needed help making the bed, OK I can live with that, they don't have full staff late at night. But there was NO followup to see if I was satisfied, no offer to compensate me for the extra hour I had to stay up waiting for clean sheets, etc. Absolutely NO acknowledgement of this situation by management. Since I had to rush out in the morning, I didn't take time to complain to management, but I have to say, I don't think I should have had to. Anyway, I have heard a lot of dissatisfaction with various colleagues that stay at the HGI frequently. If HGI wants to continue to be the major hotel for events on the OSU campus, they have to do better. Unless things improve dramatically, I will no longer book blocks of rooms for my events at this hotel.

Directions: South end of OSU campus, across the street from Reser Stadium.

• redknot's Profile Photo

Best Place for Visiting OSU

Possibly the best accommodation in Corvallis since the competition is mostly of the Motel 6, Super 8 variety. This is a very nice, moderate hotel that works great for business travelers as well as vacationers or those visiting OSU for any reason. It is the best possible place to be for beaver home games although it might be noisy and crowded on game weekends.

Unique Quality: The location is the best asset. Being across the street form Reser Stadium can't be beat for Beaver fans. It is also a sort walk from the main OSU campus so it is great for anyone with business there.

Directions: On the edge of the OSU campus near the stadium.

Comments