CROWN PACIFIC INN DEPOE BAY

Tags

Beaches Travel with Pets Family Travel
See Amenities

Scary Experience

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 16, 2012

When I called to verify my reservation, I made the mistake of telling the motel manager that we got a deal on the room. Russ immediately became agitated with me and was short on the phone. The conversation ended with Russ the manager hanging up the phone on me. My husband called back and received similar treatment. We chose to remain optimistic and hope for the best. Upon arriving at this motel, we were met by an unhappy manager stating that we had not mentioned that my twins children were going to be attending. Explaining that it was a last minute decision for them to come, the manager became more agitated. The manager then proceeded to follow myself and my two children to the hot tub (which is only equipped to fit four people and is kept at room temperature.) He began badgering me telling me that I was ignorant and stupid. I asked that he leave us alone which only made him increase his volume and become more aggressive. He got in my face and started yelling. This continued for some time until I stated that I needed him to back away from me or I would phone the police. He stated go ahead, and that this was his motel and he could do what he wanted. Talk about a true Friday the 13th experience. Needless to say we left the next morning early and canceled our reservations for the following night.
In addition, the beds were hard and the linens were cheap. There were notices posted all over the room as to which towels should be used for what and what was "appropriate behavior" while visiting. I got the feeling I was staying in a youth hostel. There were cigarette ashes all around the hot tub despite the no smoking signs and the surveillance camera aimed at the hot tub. Russ himself spent a lot of time smoking in front of the motel. The hard floors in front of the entry way were cleaned with a product that made them extremely slippery when wet. My excited son took one step inside the room with some rain water on his shoes and his feet went right out from under him. His head slammed against the hard floor. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone looking to have a relaxing weekend. We were attempting to celebrate a new baby on the way. Luckily we were able to transfer to WAVES of NEWPORT which was an incredible hotel with no issues and great amenities.

Unique Quality: Hot tub at room temperature with cigarette ashes everywhere. Hard beds with cheep linens. Tiny rooms.

Directions: Depoe Bay on city side on 101.

Nearby CROWN PACIFIC INN DEPOE BAY

• Pets Allowed
  • Continental Breakfast
  • Free High Speed Internet

Depoe Bay Travel Forum

Need advice about Depoe Bay, Oregon? Visit the Travel Forum for Depoe Bay and ask our Answer Gurus.

Explore Deeper into Depoe Bay