Pana Sea Ah Bed and Breakfast

4028 Lincoln Avenue, Depoe Bay, Oregon, 97341, United States

More about Depoe Bay

'Whale spoken here''Whale spoken here'

The Central Coast @ Depoe BayThe Central Coast @ Depoe Bay

Waves rolling into Boiler BayWaves rolling into Boiler Bay

Entrance and bridge at Depoe BayEntrance and bridge at Depoe Bay

Travel Tips for Depoe Bay

'Whale Watching Capital'

by ZanieOR

"Unique coastal town"

According to its Chamber of Commerce website (and I believe they are telling the truth), Depoe Bay on the Oregon Coast has the world’s smallest navigable harbor.
I’ve never stayed at Depoe Bay (yet), but it’s sandwiched between Lincoln City and Newport, two of the coastal towns I visit the most, and I often stop for awhile to eat or watch the sea or, the last time I was there, to visit its whale watching interpretive center.
Depoe Bay calls itself the “Whale Watching Capital of the Oregon Coast.”
When my son was in high school we took a whale watching boat excursion (Tradewind Charters, I think) out in the ocean there, and actually saw a whale spout.
There’s a sea wall that lines the whole length of the downtown, another Depoe Bay distinction, and you can watch the ocean waves while eating or shopping.
“Our fairy tale village is brimming with colorful stores, gift shops and galleries. Whales frolic and feed in our bay. At day’s end, follow the path of the setting sun as it sinks into the Pacific,” says the chamber.
My nephew is getting married on a beach near Depoe Bay and I will be staying in a motel there (Crown Pacific Inn) so will be able to write more later

Depoe Bay Page

by drmorf

I've been here a number of times, but only once did I get to take a fishing trip. I thought I was going to get to catch salmon, but they closed salmon season at midnight before the morning of our trip! We had to go bottom fishing instead...
If you've ever seen the movie "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" you'll recognize this bridge which leads out of the bay and into the ocean...
"CHESWICK, FISH ON!"