Oxford Suites Gladstone

Booking.com Priceline
glabah's Profile Photo

Only Hotel off Interstate 205

by written on April 28, 2008

I have never stayed here, and therefore I can not describe my stay. I go though here almost every day, however, and live nearby.

The hotel was built right next to the High Rocks Pub, which used to be the drinking establishment in Gladstone with the most interesting reputation (not the best reputation - just the most interesting one!). The reputation of that establishment has become quite a bit more normal in recent years, but it is still an interesting bit of Gladstone infamy.

Unique Quality: There are hotels at almost every exit on Interstate 205. However, the vast majority of those have no view of anything and are set in typical near-highway commercial wasteland. The Gladstone Oxford Suites is one of the few exceptions: not only is it one of the few hotels in Gladstone (and the only of those Gladstone hotels that is directly off of Interstate 205) but it is pretty much the only hotel off of I-205 that has any sort of a scenic view.

Unfortunately, even that scenic view still isn't that great: the most scenic part of the hotel also faces I-205! However, between I-205 and the hotel is the Clackamas River, and while the traffic noise may be bountiful the view on the river side is at least a little better than the average I-205 hotel. High Rocks Park can be seen through the trees during the winter.

The front of the hotel, unfortunately, is typical I-205 wasteland, but at least it is close to a gas station and a Safeway grocery store, and both of those could be very useful to travelers as well.

Directions: From I-205 exit and go west on 82nd Drive until you get to the 4-way stop. Hotel entrance is on the left just after the intersection.

Nearby Oxford Suites Gladstone

• Continental Breakfast
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Gladstone Travel Forum

Need advice about Gladstone, Oregon? Visit the Travel Forum for Gladstone and ask our Answer Gurus.

Gladstone Travel Guide