Crystalwood Lodge

38625 Westside Road, P.O. Box 1117, Klamath Falls, Oregon, 97601, United States

More about Klamath Falls

Klamath Blues Society 3Klamath Blues Society 3

Bailey's dinning roomBailey's dinning room

Oregon Institute of Technology (OIT)Oregon Institute of Technology (OIT)

Should I move here?!

by MamaBear0301

I am currently living in Visalia, Ca and am wanting to relocate, the pictures of Klamath look gorgeous. I was just wondering what it is like living there. Is it expensive to live there, are there lots of job openings? Any information I can get would be very helpful. Thank you.

-MamaBear

Re: Should I move here?!

by brotherleelove

Gertrude Stein once said of Oakland, California, "There is no there THERE." The same could be said about Klamath Falls. It's too cold in winter and too hot in summer, and there's a serious water shortage problem there that may never get resolved. True, it looks beautiful, but it's really a high desert plain with not much going on there except a technical college and nearby Crater Lake.

RE: RE: Should I move here?!

by mamaterra

Ok, I realize this is in response to an old post, but I must let you all know that this little town is really nice! I've lived here since 2001, and I've seen what I consider to be TONS of good changes in just that time. Tis a place of around 45000 people, so it's small but not itty bitty. In addition to the surrounding natural beauty, there are a lot of great things right here in town. We're actually seeing a mall being demolished this year, while our historic Main street and adjacent downtown is booming with restaurants, art supply stores, galleries, a health food store, yoga studio, bars, a farmers' market, a high end toy store, dance schools, a microbrewery and pub, custom bicycle shop, and a massive art deco community theater! I live in a lovely 80 year old house in walking distance to all this as well as a supermarket, elementary school, high school, and our wonderful main library. The cost of living is slowly going up here, but it's nowhere near as high as anywhere in the region, or anAwhere else I've ever lived (6 different states and many cities so far!). all in all, I give Klamath Falls a big thumbs up!

Comments