1510 Adams Ave, La Grande, Oregon, 97850, United States

Booking.com AMOMA.com Otel.com

Satisfaction Average

• GCoop's Profile Photo

Best value in town...

La Grande is not known for it's accommodations and lodging, BUT this place is clean, is usually busy, and is far enough away from tracks so you don't hear the trains coming and going all night. I stayed here for several weeks in 2012....

Unique Quality: Close to downtown.

Directions: Downtown.

More about La Grande

Grandpa, Deanna, Ben, Jasara and SileneGrandpa, Deanna, Ben, Jasara and Silene

Travel Tips for La Grande

My 2004 Vacation part 2

by JAFA-Rease

"A neat town that I'd never heard of..."

After my time in Ellensburg, Washington my daughter and I travelled to La Grande, Oregon. It's a great little town where my father and his wife live.

They have a nice little house, which they've spent the last year or so completely renovating.

"Relaxing"

As with the first half of my vacation, the goal was to relax. We took many walks and just generally hung out. Sometimes travelling is best done to reacquaint yourself with family.

"The River"

On a few occassions we went about 10 miles west of town into the Blue mountains to hang out at the river. We found a nice little campsite with a small swimming/wading area for Silene and hung out.

My sister Jasara and her husband also came up from Ellensburg, and managed to attract the attention of the local police in the process ; )

Silene had her first experience with a river. It took two trips to get her used to it, but after that it was hard to get her to leave.

"More BBQ"

I love to BBQ! So, we made BBQ at the river. Good times with family for all!

One day we were nearly hit by lightning though. It was pretty impressive. Not quite close enough to make our hair stand on end, but close enough to give us all a start (about 200 yards away).

"Warmed Up!"

For some reason it took Silene the longest to warm up to my sister's husband Ben. After a week of being around him, they finally hit it off.

"BUBBLES!!!!"

It had been many years since I'd last blown bubbles. So, we got some and spent an evening doing nothing else. It was a lot of fun! Of course I was so out of practice that even my stepmother, Deana, gave me a hard time about it ; )

"Thanks!"

All good things must come to an end. We left La Grande and went back to my sister Teckla's in Portland. Where we stayed and visited for a few days before heading back to Germany. It was in Portland that Teckla's husband (Matt) and I got the chance to hang out.

Thanks again to everyone for being awesome hosts! We had a truly wonderful vacation!

Comments