2645 NW Inlet Ave, Lincoln City, Oregon, 97367, United States
Booking.com

More about Pelican Shores Inn

Glowing reviews are accurate

by TripAdvisor Member kcboy

We were awfully impressed with this property. We arrived fairly late in the evening, but found the front desk staff still cheerful and quick with service. Got into our room (a two-room suite) and found everything in order. Unfortunately, it was too late to admire the ocean view, but it was waiting for us in the morning.

Rooms were clean, plenty of TV choices and I believe they had DVDs available at the front desk. The only possible problem I could mention is the walls seem to be pretty thin. (We could hear every door close in the other rooms.) But, thankfully, it was a quiet time of year and there weren't any loud guests around.

Pretty nice selection at the morning continental breakfast. And check-out was just as easy as check-in. Location was outstanding, with just a staircase seperating you from the beach. We'd stay there again in a heartbeat.

Fantastic location

by TripAdvisor Member jxnmom

We were traveling along Hiway 101 and ended up in Lincoln City without reservations. We drove into a location with WiFi and pulled up Trip Advisor on our laptop to find a good motel. The first one was Pelican Shores and the reviews sounded great, so we took a chance for a Fri. night. Fortunately, they did have some rooms left, but I don't think they did by the end of the night!

This motel is right on the beach, just steps from the sand. Our room looked right out on the ocean and it was a beautiful sunny evening. What a treat!

The front desk staff was very pleasant and patient while explaining the different room types. We chose a King suite with kitchenette for $104. The bed was very comfortable with double sheeting and a very nice, non-tyical motel blanket and 5 pillows!

Our only complaint was the noise from the room above. We could hear every footstep and it sounded like a gymnastics class going on above us until late at night. I mentioned it at check out and the front desk gal said they'd had other complaints, so maybe just a big noisey group.

There are lots and lots of dining options in the area, but we ended up at McMinamins (about 1 mi down the road), having been to their pubs/restaruants in the Portland area. We were not disappointed and had an excellent meal - and beer!

We decided against the motel's breakfast, which looked to be pretty sparse, and went to Lil Sambo's just down the road for an excellent breakfast!

I don't know what the other choices are in Lincoln City, but the Pelican Shores Inn was a good one for us.

Great location...would stay again.

by TripAdvisor Member airamVancouver_Bc

PROS:
Beautiful ocean front property with view & easy access to beach.
Clean room with TV, DVD player & good selection of channels.
Price, fairly inexpensive for location.
Friendly hotel staff.

CONS:
Breakfast was quite small (bagel, muffin, ceral, juice, milk).
Indoor pool wasn't exactly indoor (closed tent in parking lot).

All in all we had a wonderful stay and would consider visiting again.

Great Weekend

by TripAdvisor Member scrapbookingqueens

So often it is hard to find a great deal on beach hotels during June without having to sacrifice in quality. At Pelican Shores we were quite surprised to find a great hotel on the beach for such a great price. The service was personal and friendly and the room was clean and well kept. No complaints here and we will definitely make a return visit.

Nice Clean Family place

by TripAdvisor Member njmom23grls

I recently stayed here while in town for family issues. I really enjoyed my stay - the view and location were excellent. The room was throughly cleaned everyday. I loved having the microwave and small refrig in the room. I was in a ground floor room with a sliding door and a little patio area which was wonderful for enjoying morning coffee or a glass of wine in the evenings. The next time I'm in town, I would certainly look at staying here.

Great little place

by TripAdvisor Member seasheep

I really enjoyed the Pelican Shores. We stayed only one night, but would love to go back. The staff was extremely friendly and the nice little breakfast in the morning is more than adaquate. I like the way the hotel is way off the busy highway and very quiet. Access to the beach is great. I prefer this hotel to others in Lincoln City. Again, it is still hard to find a hotel in Lincoln City that has nice furniture in the rooms!! Am I just staying at the wrong hotels!!

Beautiful view, no air conditioning

by TripAdvisor Member kcl491

Great location - no air conditioning. I understand that it rarely gets out of the 60's on the Pacific Coast and it's usually foggy and/or cloudy..... but not when we were there. Our room was on the lower level with a great view of the ocean. We had to keep the one window open and the door open to get a breeze. Sleeping was uncomfortable because we couldn't keep either open.

That aside, this is a very nice, homey property directly on the ocean at a modest price. The front desk staff was very helpful in recommending dining options. Continental breakfast doesn't start until 8 AM - later than most places, I think.

I would stay here in the off season, but never again in the summer.

Great little treasure

by TripAdvisor Member agoofylover

We wanted a one night get-away with my husbands parents. After calling around to our usual choices and getting very over priced rates for single rooms, we decided to get a suite room. Pelican shores Inn, had the most reasonable rate for what we needed! (this is prime time for high prices at the Oregon Beach).
We were quite pleased for our king studio suite. It was on the botton floor with a patio to the outside. Basically two seperate rooms with adjoining doors. The King bed was in the room with the ocean view. The back bedroom had the two double beds..but lots of space. Both rooms had their own bathrooms, sitting areas, microwave and refrigerator. I noticed fans in our room and realized that, that was our "air conditioning". Luckily the weather was warm, but not enough to make the room too stuffy. The room was in good shape. We enjoyed the small continental breakfast in the office. Just enough to get you started. The staff seemed friendly enough. With tax our room was $206..seems quite high, but in comparrison single king./ two queen rooms at many other places in town were going for $180 with tax...and we would have wanted two rooms for privacy...so the $206 compared to $360 wasn't so bad.
I was excited to find this little hidden treasure. Off season the rates seem pretty decent.

The pool is nothing to talk about. It's in the parking lot, directly across from the office. Looks like a greenhouse with a pool in it. Just an FYI if that is important to you.

Awesome

by TripAdvisor Member coffeechik

Perfect family motel. Great pool, nice staff. Average but do-able continental breakfast. Free papers. Clean and nicely done rooms. Kitchenettes well stocked. GREAT view and beach and beach toys for the kids. Nice and helpful housekeeping staff.

Highly recommended for the family set. Nice to have a one bedroom for evenings and nap time. Good value for the money.

Wonderful time at Pelican Shores!

by TripAdvisor Member Mauiboundsoon

The major draw for this motel is the wonderful oceanfront location. They have a staircase to the ocean and it is on a great part of the beach away from the big crowds.

Our family (actually 4 families) recently spent our second summer getaway at Pelican Shores. We all had a great time. The rooms have been partially refurbished since last year. The staff is excellent and always cheerful. We find the continental breakfast to be OK for a light snack, but it could use a bit of variety. Air conditioning is really not necessary here. If you open the window in the evening, you will most likely need a blanket before morning! The indoor pool is nice and clean and we were the only family using it. They also provide BBQ's.

We have rented most of the room types with our two visits. We enjoy the fireplace suites with the oceanfront living room and nice kitchen. It would be nice if they would put a King bed in the bedroom for those units with a single bed in the bedroom. The King rooms on the lower level mostly do not have a "sitting view" of the surf from inside the unit the way that the second and thrid floor do. The single family suite is huge.

We highly recommend this place. We looked at other options for variety this year, but Pelican Shores won with everyone in our group. Compared to other places in the area, this is a great value!

Comments