Surftides Lincoln City

Price and Rating Equal to similar hotels

See Also Viewed Hotels
wenks07's Profile Photo

Dirty Room and Poor Customer Service

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 25, 2013

I have stayed at Surftides in Lincoln City many time. My husband and I go there every year for our anniversary, I go with friends and family and most recently I took my husband and my four year old daughter. We arrived around 8:30pm and were very tired.
We woke in the morning and my husband and I were extremely congested, My husband went to take a shower and the tub wouldn't drain and some black stuff started coming up from the drain. So we started getting ready and I jumped in bed with my daughter. She has her own blankets so the bed hadn't been turned down. When i go in I felt something rough at my feet so I pulled down the linen and there was sand in her bed. We hadn't even been down to the beach! I immediately packed up our room and as I was doing his my husband started checking the room. The was so much dust in the room you could drag your finger across things (TV, fridge, headboards, shelf above the coat rack) and see the dust building on your finger. My husband lifted the beds and my heart stopped. There was old dry food, bottle caps, a glass, trash and a very large stick! There was also old food on top of the fridge. How did housekeeping miss these things???
I went straight to the office and calmly explained what we found. I expressed my frustration and told them we wanted another room. The gentleman was polite and said no problem and apologized for the issue . Then told me our new room would be ready till 4pm. It was 10am and I had paid for two night. He said he would call if it was ready earlier.
We went into town and tried to kill time and received a call around 2pm. (4 hours later) We got back to the hotel and picked up our room keys. We went to the new room and as soon as I walked into the room there is a bench to my left. There was sand all over it and under it as well. So there I was again checking the entire room. Same issue dust everywhere. (TV, fridge, headboards, shelf above the coat rack) I went into the bathroom and the ice bucket still had the plastic liner in it and water in the bag from the previous people. The glasses were dirty as well. When I pointed it out to the housekeeping manager she was rude and had the housekeeper go in with a broom.
So there we were at 4pm with a four year old and a dog and nowhere to stay we refused to stay there. Its spring break week and very few hotel take big dogs. The fact that the rooms that were "prepared" for us were so dirty and very poorly taken care of was bad enough but the fact that we had to pack up our things and put them in the car, wait for a clean room and discover that room want clean either and then have to find a new hotel to stay at and then pay for that one too was ridiculous.
We loved staying here but the lack of customer service and the lack of ability on the employees part to do their job and management to enforce it means Surftides has not only lost a customer for life but my friends and family as well. Word of mouth can be a very good thing for a business but it can also be very damaging as well. We still haven't received an email or a phone call.

Unique Quality: None

• Suites
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Lincoln City Travel Forum

Need advice about Lincoln City, Oregon? Visit the Travel Forum for Lincoln City and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Lincoln City hotel reviews