232 SW Elizabeth Street, PO Box 1342, Newport, Oregon, 97365, United States

Expedia.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Costs 45% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• mrsmig's Profile Photo

Wonderful room, wonderful view

My husband and I stayed at the Elizabeth Street Inn for four nights, and wished it could have been longer. From start to finish, it was a wonderful visit and a place where I'd stay again in a heartbeat.

The hotel is situated on a cliff overlooking the Pacific Ocean, and all rooms are oceanfront. We had a third floor king room that included a private balcony and a gas fireplace, as well as a microwave and mini-refrigerator. We had a tremendous sense of privacy, so much so that at nights we left our balcony door open to enjoy the delicious breeze and the sound of the ocean. The beach is accessible either from a public walkway only a minute's walk from the hotel's front door, or via a staircase at the Shilo Inn next door. At low tide there are tidal pools aplenty to explore, and the hotel is convenient to both Yaquina Bay and Yaquina Head.

The staff at the Elizabeth Street Inn were uniformly delightful and helpful. There's complimentary coffee, tea, juice, yogurt, fruit and tasty scones available for breakfast, a warming crockpot of salmon chowder in the late afternoon, and wonderful cookies in the evening.

There's a guest laundry on the premises, covered parking, an indoor pool and rental movies available in the lobby. In fact, the only gripe I have with the Elizabeth Street Inn is the elevator, which is the only one serving four floors and rather slow at times. But that's a picayune complaint; our entire visit was simply splendid.

Directions: From the corner of Highway 20 and Highway 101, head west on W. Olive Street (Highway 20 turns into W. Olive Street). Go 0.5 miles. W. OLIVE ST becomes SW ELIZABETH ST. Go 0.2 miles. The Elizabeth Street Inn will be on your right in two blocks.

More about Elizabeth Street Inn

Loved the Elizabeth Street Inn

A Gem at the oregon coast! View of the ocean from our room one of the best I've seen. Staff made us feel very welcome, Martha makes really good cookies. Pillows bad, but fortunately we brought our own.

The Elizabeth Street Inn is fabulous!

by TripAdvisor Member Weyes1

We just returned from Oregon and spent 2 nights at the Elizabeth Street Inn. We had not planned on staying there but we could not get rooms in Yachats so we took a chance and reserved a room at this hotel. We were not disappointed. In fact we were thrilled by the room location (4th floor) and the fabulous view off of our porch. The only negative to this place is its immensely slow elevator. Everything else is great. We will definitely stay here again. One other point to make is that there is a great restaurant located just down the street from the hotel, Quimby's, so its location is good too.

It's a Great Place

We had the opportunity to spend two nights at the Elizabeth Street Inn and found the facility and the staff to be excellent. The room was well-designed for space and comfort, and was very clean. There were a number of amenities included, along with a fine continental breakfast and fresh-baked cookies each evening.

Elizabeth Street Inn overlooks a wide beach area, and the sunsets and sunrishes can be (and were) spectacular. There's plenty of room to walk for miles on the beach at low tide. Newport has a variety of excellent restaurants and shops, without having a "tourist town" atmosphere.

The staff was friendly, attentive, and professional and made us feel very welcome. We look forward to our next visit to Elizabeth Street Inn

Dissappointing design

My wife and I stayed at the Elizabeth Street Inn one night near the end of August. Although the front desk staff was cheerful and receptive, the rest of our experience was a dissappointment. The room overlooked a black topped roof which partially blocked the view of the ocean. The breakfast area was tiny with not enough tables for travelors to sit. For some strange reason, they designed the building with an ocean view for the parking lot instead of for the breakfast guests. All in all, this was a poor value for a $159 a night stay.

Incredible View

Our stay at Elizabeth Street Inn was the highlight of our two week cross country trip. Drove with the family from Washington, DC to New York, then across the country to Seattle and then down the Oregon Coast to Newport. Stayed in hotels the entire way. My wife and I stayed in Room 100 ~ an incredible view of the beach/ocean with private balcony. Only sound we could hear was that of the ocean. Friendly and helpful staff ~ always seemed to remember my first name and had smiles on their faces. What a relaxing stay.

Amazing new rooms!

I recently stayed at the Elizabeth Street Inn on my last visit to Newport. They had informed me they were updating the hotel at the time. I was amazed they cared enough to do this since I was also told they are only five years old. I was fortunate enough to get a room on the 4th floor. They mentioned the room has just a few more things to do before the room would be to there liking. I have stayed at the hotel before and always felt it was nice. The improvements that have been made just made my stay that much more enjoyable. The new mattresses are very comfortable and the pillows are a huge improvement. The decor and coloring just makes you feel comfortable and is very elegent. The staff was more than friendly and the view from my room was fantastic! The rooms are quiet and I would highly recommend anyone stay at this lovely hotel.

Very Comfortable!

The Elizabeth Inn was very comfortable and clean and well-decorated. The gas fireplace was wonderful and the view from the deck outstanding. The room was quite well equiped with internet access, refridgerator and microwave. The cookies in the evening and the breakfast in the morning were an added bonus. We were a short walk from an excellent restaurant and right on the beach for long strolls and plenty of exploring in tide pools. The hotel staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. A very good value for the money!

Life is a Beach

Lynne my wife and I were celebrating our 32nd wedding anniversary along the Oregon coast we were told that Newport Beach should be one of our destinations , little did we know of the beauty we would experience and that we would be staying in an Inn litterally right on top of the beach. At the Inn we were greeted by Jennifer who gave us a room on the southwest corner that has two spectacular views of the beach , a fireplace [ very romantic ] table and chairs and a deck that we sat out on long past a gorgeous sunset. The room was very clean and spacious the staff very friendly and helpful and we even took advantage of the guest laundry facilities . We have been vacatining with our children and going once a year for our honeymoon getaway to Long Beach , Vancouver Island , B.C. Canada for nearly 30 years since we moved west but now after expreiencing the beaches of the Oregon Coast we will have a problem as to which way to go , what a nice problem to have . Anyways Newport and the Elizabeth Inn we will return and we highly reccomend it to everyone .

loved our stay

We found that the staff was not only very professional but also very friendly. Betty was very knowledgeable about everything and just a delight! We were very happy with our room and loved that we were right on the ocean. We also felt that our room was very comfortable. Thank you all for giving us such a wonderful experience.

Comments