Rugged Country Lodge Dba Double H Investments

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 37% less than similarly rated 2 star hotels

• topher808's Profile Photo

Awesomely great

I'm real glad that I found this place. I travel all over the USA for work and am forced to stay at hotels and motels every night. Out of hundreds of different locations I'm going to say that this ranks in my top 5 for sure.

Called a couple hours in advance and asked about vacancy. Turns out, yes of course there was. And how much would it cost? Almost exactly half the price of anything comparable nearby. Usually this is a red flag for me, but I checked the reviews on this site and yelp and couldn't turn down what seemed like would be a great stay.

Upon arrival the owner was incredibly pleasant and helpful. Also, he was a real person..not just some drone trained to bark out the same order as soon as a guest arrives. He was totally helpful and informative and recommended a few great places to eat nearby (Prodigal Son Brewpub was tasty town).

We had an awesome room that both looked and smelled like my grandmothers house (for me this is a good thing). Furniture was rustic and not factory made, the sheets were incredible for some reason, the bathroom was really nicely put together.

Our sleep was nice and relaxing. No outside noises and the climate control unit in the room worked perfectly. Also, chocolate mints on the pillows before bed make for a great dessert when you've forgotten to eat one.

Now, we were only coming through on business which means I'm going to mark this place down as a future vacating point. The entire surrounding area is gorgeous. Come summertime a camping trip that includes a few lovely nights in Pendleton at the Rugged Country Lodge to tie it off is absolutely in order.

Unique Quality: They've got the coziest feel. Nice new grills and furniture to lounge in outside. The Rooster Room breakfast is great for a kickstart in the morning with fresh local coffee and basic breakfast needs. Also the owner seems more than willing to fulfill any need or wish as long as it's reasonable. This place ruled.

Directions: Off 84. SE Court is the main drag through downtown Pendleton.

Comments