921 SW Sixth Avenue, Portland, Oregon, 97204, United States

Tags

Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
See Amenities
Jefie's Profile Photo

Not very impressed by this one

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 4, 2010

In my experience, Hilton Hotels are kind of a hit-and-miss: while some are really nice, others are simply not worth the money, and I'm afraid the one in Portland falls into the second category even if we got the room at a special conference rate. Our room was comfortable enough but it was small and little outdated, and free Internet access was only available in the lobby. It took us over 30 min to check in since the girl working alone at the counter didn't seem to have noticed the long line of customers in front of her until a disgruntled guest walked up to the counter to tell her. Most of the staff was either grumpy or nowhere to be found, which felt rather strange since up to that point everyone I'd met in Portland was extremely nice and friendly. The only reason I chose to stay at the Hilton was because I was attending a conference there and thought it would be more convenient, but now that I know how compact downtown Portland is, I wouldn't hesitate to book a room at another hotel to avoid staying at the overpriced and overrated Hilton again.

Unique Quality: Very centrally located

Directions: Downtown Portland

Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 27, 2007

We were lucky to book a room at the Hilton Portland on Priceline for about $60 in July 2007; rooms are usually $160 up to $230 per night. The hotel is located in the heart of the financial district, just a block from Pioneer Square. This is a very nice, upscale business hotel that was a treat for me to enjoy even for just one night. The staff was friendly and professional, the hotel modern and clean, and the rooms very nice. Our king size bed was comfy and we had a nice view of the setting sun through downtown. Though they advertised wireless internet, it was for a fee, so I ended up using the city's slow but free public network service.

Valet parking is $25 a night, and self parking is $18 with in-and-out privileges... the parking garage across the street is just $5 from 6pm until 6am, and maybe $1 or $2 an hour after 6am.

Good choice

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 10, 2007

Good choice for a downtown stay. Hotel is just 2 blocks from Pioneer Square, Max line to the airport and Pioneer Place Mall. Hotel has 2 buildings, "regular" Hilton and the Executive Tower (which is newer).

mcpangie's Profile Photo

Too Much Luxury, Not Enough Comfort

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 26, 2004

If you need to stay downtown, it is there, and it had tons and tons of customers so make a reservation.

As for the ambiance... I found the lobby unbearably loud. Whoever designed and decorated it wasn't considering acoustics. I got a headache sitting waiting for someone.

As for the rooms... I found the bed unbearable to sleep in. Because that is for me the main reason for hotels, I wasn't pleased. The bathroom wasn't roomy enough for spreading out.

As for parking... I found the parking too tight for a full-size truck. I should have used valet so I wouldn't have had to see the structure.

The Hilton has a lot of services for business travellers who want someone to do their laundry, want to pay extra for Internet, etc...

The Hilton will not lose customer base anytime soon despite lumpy beds. There are plenty of people who are more than willing to pay for luxury.

Unique Quality: Outside the hotel was what was interesting. If I stay downtown again I'll try the Paramount, my friend said it was more comfortable.

I was more comfortable and slept better at a dive in Washington one hundred yards from train tracks. Go figure.

Nearby Hilton Portland & Executive Tower

• Pets Allowed
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Portland Travel Forum

Need advice about Portland, Oregon? Visit the Travel Forum for Portland and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Portland hotel reviews

Sauvies Island
OREGON CITY – END OF THE TRAIL
Public Transit Service: The Basics
Transportation
Wildwood closed last year. It is gone.
Min Zidell Healing Garden
Movies with a Place to Put your Beer
TriMet Information on Smart Phone
Transportation
Portland Aerial Tram (Gondola)
Great river views