921 SW Sixth Avenue, Portland, Oregon, 97204, United States

Travelocity Booking.com Expedia.com

Costs 30% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Jefie's Profile Photo

Not very impressed by this one

In my experience, Hilton Hotels are kind of a hit-and-miss: while some are really nice, others are simply not worth the money, and I'm afraid the one in Portland falls into the second category even if we got the room at a special conference rate. Our room was comfortable enough but it was small and little outdated, and free Internet access was only available in the lobby. It took us over 30 min to check in since the girl working alone at the counter didn't seem to have noticed the long line of customers in front of her until a disgruntled guest walked up to the counter to tell her. Most of the staff was either grumpy or nowhere to be found, which felt rather strange since up to that point everyone I'd met in Portland was extremely nice and friendly. The only reason I chose to stay at the Hilton was because I was attending a conference there and thought it would be more convenient, but now that I know how compact downtown Portland is, I wouldn't hesitate to book a room at another hotel to avoid staying at the overpriced and overrated Hilton again.

Unique Quality: Very centrally located

Directions: Downtown Portland

• Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

Hilton Portland & Executive Tower

We were lucky to book a room at the Hilton Portland on Priceline for about $60 in July 2007; rooms are usually $160 up to $230 per night. The hotel is located in the heart of the financial district, just a block from Pioneer Square. This is a very nice, upscale business hotel that was a treat for me to enjoy even for just one night. The staff was friendly and professional, the hotel modern and clean, and the rooms very nice. Our king size bed was comfy and we had a nice view of the setting sun through downtown. Though they advertised wireless internet, it was for a fee, so I ended up using the city's slow but free public network service.

Valet parking is $25 a night, and self parking is $18 with in-and-out privileges... the parking garage across the street is just $5 from 6pm until 6am, and maybe $1 or $2 an hour after 6am.

• Good choice

Good choice for a downtown stay. Hotel is just 2 blocks from Pioneer Square, Max line to the airport and Pioneer Place Mall. Hotel has 2 buildings, "regular" Hilton and the Executive Tower (which is newer).

• mcpangie's Profile Photo

Too Much Luxury, Not Enough Comfort

If you need to stay downtown, it is there, and it had tons and tons of customers so make a reservation.

As for the ambiance... I found the lobby unbearably loud. Whoever designed and decorated it wasn't considering acoustics. I got a headache sitting waiting for someone.

As for the rooms... I found the bed unbearable to sleep in. Because that is for me the main reason for hotels, I wasn't pleased. The bathroom wasn't roomy enough for spreading out.

As for parking... I found the parking too tight for a full-size truck. I should have used valet so I wouldn't have had to see the structure.

The Hilton has a lot of services for business travellers who want someone to do their laundry, want to pay extra for Internet, etc...

The Hilton will not lose customer base anytime soon despite lumpy beds. There are plenty of people who are more than willing to pay for luxury.

Unique Quality: Outside the hotel was what was interesting. If I stay downtown again I'll try the Paramount, my friend said it was more comfortable.

I was more comfortable and slept better at a dive in Washington one hundred yards from train tracks. Go figure.

More about Hilton Portland & Executive Tower

Loved the Portland Hilton

My husband and I stayed at the Portland Hilton, and we were very impressed. I have never stayed at a Hotel where the bed was so comfortable. This truly amazed us, and the room was great. Your whole Hotel was very impressive. I would stay at your Hotel again. We don't usually have this good of review for Hotels. The whole staff was great, every time we asked about a place to dine, they gave real good suggestions, which turned out fantastic. Thank you for such wonderful service.
Joe and Rachel Hernandez

I enjoyed my stay here

by TripAdvisor Member zestylemonlime

First of all, the location is excellent as the hotel is right in the center of everything, e.g. restaurants, clubs, shopping, public transport, and the river. The earnest and polite staff were a pleasure to work with. I was upgraded to a suite on the upper floor with a nice view of the river. The suite was extremely large and the bed was noteworthy for its cleanliness and comfort factor. All in all, I enjoyed every aspect of my stay here at the Hilton Portland.

Not Bad

by TripAdvisor Member Laxgoalie1313

I stayed at the hotel for a conference, so I really didn't have much of an option where to stay. It has an awesome location and the rooms and hallways are extremely clean. The beds were beyond comfortable and the rooms were pretty spacious. The conference facilities were amazing and the lounge and lobby were beautiful. It makes no sense that the hotel is split into two, with one being across the street from the other, but if that's how they have to do it I guess thats how it has to be done. Otherwise, I would recommend. Probably not worth the high prices, but a great innercity hotel.

Excellent, excellent hotel (the Executive Tower)!

My wife and I stayed at the Executive Tower for the Portland Marathon. Usually after a hotel stay, there's always a problem that comes to mind (no air conditioning, plumbing noise, poor room service, etc.). There were no problems during this 2-night stay. The staff is extremely helpful, the self-parking is cheaper than at competing hotels, and the first level bar and restaurant was nice. The only draw back with the Executive Tower is that it has no gift shop, but the older main building across the street does have one. In every respect, this hotel is equal to any Westin, Rennaissance or Omni hotel. Oh, did I mention the great Serenity bed? (Heavenly!) I would stay here again anytime, something I could not say about the first - competitor's - hotel we camped at. Great job, Hilton!

Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member traveler022

My friends and I stayed there for the 2005 Portland Marathon. It was located really near the start. It is also in the heart of downtown shopping area and located in a safe area. There were plenty of restaurants and cafes within walking distance. The rooms were very clean and very comfortable. The staff were friendly and very helpful. The showers had excellent water pressure.

The parking situation was a bit confusing because the hotel itself occupies 2 different buildings. The buildings are diagonally across from each other, so really close by, but confusing. The building we stayed at had only 1 level of guest parking and it got filled up quickly. We ended up using valet. We didn't have to pay extra, but would have prefer to use self-park. The other building I learned had a much larger parking garage. If you have a car, find out how the parking situation works. If you plan on doing a lot of sightseeing outside of the downtown area, for example Columbia River Gorge, Pearl District, Northwest, the Rose Garden a car is recommended. If not, the public transportation(Lite Rail) is really close by. I remember being only 2 short blocks away.

Pricey but nice

by TripAdvisor Member Michael_Conlon

Recently stayed three nights on business for a convention. It was odd in that I was put in the executive tower but my conference was in the main hotel. The main hotel is diagonal across the street with no covered way to walk in between. I was blessed with good weather while there so it didn't matter. Rooms were very nice and quiet. I did find them very dry. Pool and workout area were large and well done. Restaurants were typical Hilton with nice breakfast buffets for $$$. Location is great for getting out to see the city as time allowed.

Comments