Lion And The Rose B And B

1810 N.E. 15th Ave., Portland, Oregon, 97212, United States

More about Lion And The Rose B And B

A Jewel in Portland's Crown

by TripAdvisor Member Prospector57

We recently returned from our second stay at the Lion and the Rose B&B in Portland. Steve, Rusty and Dusty have created a sublime haven in their beautiful Victorian mansion. The breakfasts are incredible, the rooms exquisite, the ambience is exactly the quiet, comfortable retreat we hope to enjoy. The location is perfect for accessing the city via light rail and bus or trolley, or on foot. One of the best elements of the B&B is the great mix of people who spend time over breakfast discussing everything under the sun. A favorite moment this time was enjoying a glass of wine on the upstairs deck outside our bedroom at sunset, with the glorious flowers of the backyard garden accenting the gazebo and brick courtyard--lovely! This is a B&B we will continue to go back to and is one of our favorite discoveries in Portland. Sharon & Dave, the Fairbanks prospectors

Close to everything - Superb hosts

by TripAdvisor Member romanpassion

We had the privilege of staying at this bed and breakfast and it absolutely met our expectations. The hosts were attentive and helpful- their customized maps of the areas of interest were like nothing we have ever seen at a B&B and used by us on every outing -providing accurate guidance. The home has been perfectly restored, allowing the comforts of a new home with the ambiance and charm of the historic home it is. Best we can say is- we will be back! Thanks to everyone at the Lion and Rose Victorian B&B.

Wonderful B&B

by TripAdvisor Member tntsmall

Lion and the Rose is a wonderful B&B. My husband and I stayed their for my birthday and thourghly enjoyed ourselves. The proprietors were very friendly and hospitable. The victorian home was beautifully furnished with two sitting rooms and a lovely dinning room. Each bedroom has a different victorian decor. Outside is a wonderful gazebo and patio area where weddings can be held. They made a fabulous breakfast and had fresh cookies, brownies, teas', coffee, juice and bottled water available any time.

The location was perfect. It sits in a quiet area of homes but is in walking distance to numerous shops and resturants. There is anything from a deli or bakery to steak and seafood. The Lloyds Center Mall is a couple of blocks up with two movie theaters and an ice rink.

We would definitely reccomend The Lion and the Rose .
T & T Small, Tacoma, WA

5 out of 5 lovely Roses

by TripAdvisor Member HeidioftheRockies

I was booked to stay at the B&B with my mother this June, but due to some circumstances out of our control, she was unable to join me, so I stayed at the Lion and the Rose for one night by myself. I stay at B&B's quite often (including on a trip to England) and this B&B rates as one of the very best. Top three, for sure! The one thing that sets this B&B apart is the attention to little details: I was thrilled to have access to the internet (looked up restaurant reviews, rented a car and used map quest); water and soda always available in the fridge (a small touch, but much appreciated); snacks always available in the dining room (loved the nut bowl); 2-course breakfast (that included a dish for those with a sweet tooth, strawberry crepes and a meat quiche) this was nice because I'm not crazy about dessert type breakfasts and often B&B's only offer sweet breakfast items and forego the savory; maps of the area served very useful because I was on foot; nice, above-average shampoo/conditioner and lotion in the bathroom.

I had a wonderful stay and can can't wait to come back when my mom is able to join me. I also hope to bring my husband to the Lion and Rose and we'll test to see if it really is the "Best Place to Kiss" (an award they have won).

Lastly, a B&B is often a reflection of it's ownership and Dusty and Steve are kind and gracious hosts.

Major bonus: Only 4 blocks to light rail.
Great dinner option: Colosso on Broadway. Spanish tapas bar with lively atmosphere.

Loved the Lion and the Rose

by TripAdvisor Member ANZO

I’d like to give a hearty thank you to Dusty, Steve and Rusty for the wonderful time we had at the Portland Lion and the Rose B&B recently. I was part of a group of 12 schoolmates called the Pansies, now barely past retirement, who have traveled together for the past 16 years. We’ve tried many trips and this was one of our best B&Bs. The charming vintage home was filled with antiques, including high poster beds and a wrap-around porch. Gourmet breakfasts were served each morning on a wonderfully set table. For snackers (that would include all of us) there were cookies, soft drinks and candies. A living room filled with soft cushy furniture made it possible to hang around for hours, laughing and sharing today’s priceless shopping finds and days gone by. In addition, Dusty provided maps for all occasions, making it possible to leave our cars in park and conquer the rail and streetcar system in Portland. As organizer, I patted myself on the back. This B&B was the best.

The Best

by TripAdvisor Member JanL59

We stayed at the Lion and the Rose for 3 days, and each day we found more to appreciate in all the small things that were so meticulously done. The breakfasts were the best we’ve gotten at a B&B. The rooms are beautifully done and the living room easily accommodates a large group. We also enjoyed the close proximity to the Lloyd Center and good restaurants. It was by far the best B&B that we checked out in Portland, or have stayed at in 15 years.

Beautiful, welcoming, convenient to downtown

by TripAdvisor Member BandBLvr

From the beginning of making our reservations through to the end of our weekend stay, we were treated in the kindest manner. The Inn/home has character, as do the Innkeepers, one of which actually joined the guests together for breakfast sharing funny stories of life in the B&B business. We were provided with all kinds of maps and recommendations on restaurants and things to do. The Inn is located in a beautiful neighborhood that is within walking distances to good food and shuttle into downtown Portland. We felt that the city in general is filled with very friendly people, patient to tourists in cars and in need of directions. Mt Hood, Mt St Helens, and the Columbia wine region are all within a reasonable drive away as well. Highly recommend this Inn and would eagerly return!

Outstanding in every way

by TripAdvisor Member gottaticket

My husband and I spent three nights at The Lion and The Rose. There are so many positive things to say. First, the owners Dusty and Steve were so friendly and helpful. Our flight kept getting pushed back and we would call each time to tell them because our eventual arrival was after 11:00 PM and I was worried that that would be an issue. They were so nice...told us not to worry, just call them on the cellphone instead of ringing the bell so as not to disturb the other guests. Then when we arrived, tired and grumpy from flight delays and two time zone changes, we were greeted with wonderful friendliness as well as snacks, sodas and an offer for a later breakfast. The next day we got maps and advice on getting around Portland, information about restaurants within walking distance, as well as a marvelous breakfast in a lovely setting. The rooms are so nice and the people even nicer. The kitchen was open in the evening if you wanted to help yourself to coffee, tea or sodas and there were always cookies, nuts, jelly beans and a bowl of fruit. Each evening we would sit in the living room and read the paper or visit with other guests then log onto the internet to check emails or look up information. The neighborhood was very nice. We walked every evening to nearby restaurants. Breakfasts were delicious and served beautifully with Steve joining us most mornings. Great conversation, location, home and company. Oh yes, I loved sitting on the front porch wicker swing chatting with my husband after dinner.

Comments