Marriott Portland Downtown

1401 SW Naito Parkway, Portland, Oregon, 97201, United States

Portland Marriott Downtown Waterfront
Marriott.com Booking.com Priceline.com

• seoulgirl's Profile Photo

Nice hotel, bad airport shuttle service

I stayed at the Marriott near the airport. The hotel was superb. The shuttle from the airport to there was aweful. I had an exhausting trip and was at my end anyway and then the shuttle never came, 45 mins. waiting. I didn't say anything to anyone. They were busy??!! The room was really amazing, really large. Staff was great. Breakfast was ample and very busy. NOt much to do within walking distance. I went to some very sad so called "sports bar" for some kind of sandwich. Well...i'm not reviewing that am I?

It was an absolutely gorgeous room and I can't fault it in any way...except the shuttle that made me cry.

• leeludalas's Profile Photo

Good Location- close to restaurants, bars

We were quite pleased with this Marriott. It had nice rooms- we had a balcony with a great view of the Willamette River. It is located across the street from Tom McCall Waterfront Park which is a great place to rollerblade, take a stroll. The hotel has 2 restaurants and is within walking distance to many others! It is only a few blocks from Pioneer Place Mall. The light rail system is also within walking distance.

Unique Quality: Hotel has an indoor pool and fitness center- one restaurant and one restaurant/sports bar. Rooms available with views of the river. Located conveniently close to shops, restaurants, transit.

Directions: Downtown on the waterfront

More about Marriott Portland Downtown

broken toilet and red looking substance on the ice cover

by TripAdvisor Member wjones59

My wife and I spent the night in Portland on a last minute getaway from our home in Tacoma. We booked the hotel on the phone and the operator was very friendly. We paid the going rate for the room no special discounts were applied. The location of the hotel was good, especially to attand any festivals along the water in the park. We attended the Portland international beer festival.

When we arrived in the room it seemed fine but dated and clean. After a day in town we came back to recover before drinking a few beers. I grabed the Ice Bucket and the lit had this dried redish material on it, We don't know what it was but we didn't have any ice after that.

Later on, after our beers and dinner at good restaurant down the street. We retruned to the room and went to bed.
In the middle of the night our toilet broke so that it couldn't be flushed with out removing the lid. A simple homeowner repair, but for a nice hotel it shouldn't be an issue.

Finally, in the morning our express check out bill was slid under our door and we had been incorrectly charged for valet parking when we had parked in a city lot near the hotel for much less.

When I raised the toilet and parking issue to the man at the front desk, He corrected our bill and gave us a half an apology, The basic of what would be expected but it sure didn't feel sincere.
If you need to stay here, you will survive but I'm sure there are nicer hotels near by especially for a comperable price.

very nice

by TripAdvisor Member SawyerReads

The front desk staff was courteous and very helpful. I requested foam rather than feather pillows, and housekeeping brought them to the room within 5 minutes of making the request.

The room was small, but I thought it was well-appointed with two double beds and enough space left for a desk and a small chair and table. The cosmetics in the bathroom -- shampoo, conditioner, lotion and soap -- smelled fantastic.

My one small issue with the hotel is that the walls are paper thin between the rooms. I could hear every word my neighbors said clearly. The air conditioner drown them out fairly well.

The location of the hotel is directly across from the riverfront park, which is gorgeous. The Keller Auditorium is about 2 blocks away, making this the perfect place to stay if you're catching a show and don't want to drive home afterward. It's a walk of a few blocks to get to the MAX light rail and downtown.

Good value, accommodations, dining overall, a few ...

by TripAdvisor Member GreginSantaBarbara

In the big picture - excellent service and value. Have stayed at other 4 and 5 star Portland downtown hotels, and am reminded what a good hotel this is. In the big picture all good - first to nit pick:
1) one pays $9.95 for decent deal - free local, long distance in the USA, fast speed access, but it doesn't work on the wireless in the restaurants.
2) they ask for survey on restaurant receipt, but it's the only copy so one has to write the info and then provide feedback by phone or email.
3) hotel washer worked fine for $1.25, dryers had sign they didn't work - but hotel offered to dry them in hotel dryer.
4) no in room safe for laptop or other valuables.
Now the good -
1. Kim, housekeeper on 9th floor, went out of her way to be helpful,
2. good buffet breakfast for $13.95 - lots of variety and good quality, incl. eggs made to order.
3) very accommodating business center personnel.
4) there was enough front desk staff - no waiting and they were a-l-w-a-y-s helpful, cordial.
5) gym looked sufficiently good.
6) good location downtown
Am a platinum member of Starwood and Intercontinental/Holiday Inns, and this hotel makes me appreciate this Marriott property especially.
Feel comfortable and safe with this choice of hotel. Enjoy it and let us know how it was for you.

Great

by TripAdvisor Member venice4504

Called to request 2 double beds and had to tell them it was booked through Priceline. Extremely great service from the minute we got there. Was travelling with a younger kid and they were great to her too. Beds and hot water aplenty. Would definatly go back.

Friendly, efficient, comfortable

by TripAdvisor Member sindes

I stayed here on my own (female) for a weekend and felt very safe and well looked after the whole time. My room was very clean, bed a little soft for me but quite luxurious, room service were incredibly quick and brought me a really nice dinner and a decent pot of tea* with the minimum of fuss. Air conditioner was quite noisy but worked very well on the hottest weekend of the year!

Loved the omelette chef at breakfast, and buffet was plentiful and fresh. Found the staff overall to be very helpful without being obtrusive; just what I like.

Hotel is a good choice if you want to be close to downtown but not in the middle of all the noise. It's nice to be right on the waterfront and I would definitely stay here again.

*Decent room service tea very important since, despite what most US hotels seem to think, you CANNOT make a reasonable tasting pot of tea using a coffee maker. Even leaving the filter off, the tea will taste strongly of coffee - yuck!

A great 3 star motel

by TripAdvisor Member doninkf

With Priceline you don't know what you might be getting into. But we were pleased. Marriott's is excellent, with great staff, clean rooms, and a pleasant atmosphere. Rooms are a generous size, and I have nothing negative to say.

Great service, highly recommend.

by TripAdvisor Member aduckisaduck

The service here was incredibly helpful and friendly from the moment we got there. We requested a room with a river view and go it, (see if you can get one too you also have a view of Mt. Hood). The person at the front desk was friendly and good with the small talk without it seeming like he had to chit chat.
It's in a good location, it's a short walk to shopping and public transportaion, so leave your car in the garage. The gym was well equiped and right beside the pool, if you have kids who want to swim you can workout and still keep an eye on them, but there is also seating at the pool area, plus a whirl pool.
The bigest asset ths hotel have is it's staff, front desk personnel, bell hop, concierge all gave good customer service. The rooms where well equipped also.

Comments