8235 NE Airport Way, Portland, Oregon, 97220, United States

Orbitz.com Booking.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• goingsolo's Profile Photo

Sheraton Portland Airport Hotel

I'd just done the reverse red eye- took a flight from the east coast and landed in the west coast at the time where it was actually morning on the east coast but very late at night on the west coast- and was exhausted and cranky to say the least. I chose this hotel knowing I'd be exhausted and cranky and wanting to travel as little distance as possible from the airport to a place where I could get some sleep.

You can't get any closer to Portland airport than this hotel. The Sheraton is actually on airport property and adjacent to the runways. There is a free airport shuttle which runs 24 hours a day, but you do have to call the hotel when you arrive during the wee hours of the morning. The hotel was remodeled in 2006 or 2007 and has a lot of extra features, including convention rooms, a fitness center and indoor pool. I had a room overlooking the runway and got an extremely close up view of planes taking off and landing, as you can see in the photo.

The hotel is a bit pricey and less expensive options are not too far away. But you can't get anymore convenient than this place. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful and. overall, it was a great stay.

Unique Quality: The runway view. The Sheraton in Los Angeles has something similar, and I'm sure other airport hotels can boast this, but it is still somewhat unique and definitely interesting.

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

Stay close to PDX, sleep in!

On my last night in Portland, I had to take an early flight back to DFW. The Sheraton Portland Airport definitely filled my need very well.

As with most Sheratons, this one had the Sweet Sleeper bed, which was very soft and comfortable, and they upgraded me to a suite because I was a preferred member.

They have a nice morning coffee bar, and a couple different dining options.

All within 1 mile of the airport!

More about Sheraton Portland Airport Hotel

Great property in convenient location

by TripAdvisor Member mrkane

I was stuck at the Portland airport because of weather, so decided to stay at the Sheraton Portland Airport. I am a big fan of Starwood properties, and expect much from them...I was (mostly) impressed with this hotel.

The staff was very friendly. Check in was quick and I was given an "upgrade" upon arrival. That said, my "upgraded room" was no better than a normal 2-3 star room. The furnishings were nice and the bed was great, but the bathroom is VERY small and there appeared to be water damage on the ceiling from some sort of leak.

There is a nice little indoor pool/spa/fitness center area. The lobby and grounds have been recently updated and are very nice. The restaurant/bar were also very nice and I enjoyed dinner and drinks.

Overall, this is a great property, but I'm not sure if I would stay here again unless I got some sort of special deal or booked on-line. I paid $159 for their "best available rate." I've stayed at nicer Red Lion and Hampton Inn's for about $50-75 less...that said, it is VERY convenient to the Portland airport so I would strongly recommend it as a hotel to stay at in the PDX area.

Outstanding Staff/Most of Remodeling is Done

by TripAdvisor Member Kolsten

This hotel is just finishing a great renovation. The meeting space my company used was bright, brand new and the service was outstanding. The new Columbia Grill and Bar was phenomenal. The best thing besides the new plush surroundings is the great staff. Everyone was friendly and concerned. The new Club Lounge person had just started was was very pleasant. Rocky the bartender was awesome. The sales staff and all involved were the best ! I also was there for the grand opening of the hotel's boutique called Janeau. It is way beyond your typical gift shop. Great local gifts and fashions. I know the staff will be glad when the finishing touches are done, but it already looks better than the nearby Embassy Suites.

Quality airport hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Bamaroy

Good quality airport hotel. Easy check-in and out. The room was a little dark, but clean with a good bed, seemed very quiet for an airport hotel. Upon checkout I needed a ride to the airport, they took me immediately even though I was the ony passenger. I would definitely stay there again.

Won't Stay There Again!

by TripAdvisor Member sierrayoyo

My daughter and I were going to Portland for a family reunion, so we stayed for 2 nights, 3 days. Hotels looked like it had been remodeled, but still had alot of wear and tear. Cracked tiles in the bathroom. The lobby was beautiful, but sooooo far aay from hotel rooms, you had to park on the back of the hotel, but they don't tell you that and don't offer bell service until you get to your room with all of your things. Room was very dusty - very dusty! Second night we did return to our room until very late, around midnight and found that some of our dirty towels that we had left on the floor to be exchanged for clean ones were just hung back up - still had make-up on them! Would have called front desk except for the late time. Also, floor had not been vacuumed - at least not very good. We could see things on the floor. And the mini bar had not been restocked, not a big deal, but the only soda machine was on the first floor by the exit and we didn't have any sodas or bottled water left and at those prices for a room that is supposed to be so nice. The room service was really good, except that it closed the second night at 1 am. The main reason I picked this hotel was 24 hour room service, I have health problems and can't eat normal meals, so I thought if I wasn't able to eat I could order room service, but they closed. The following morning the maids continuously knocked on the door to see when we were leaving, and check-out wasn't until noon. They started knocking at 9 am. That's really rude.

Good stay at the Sheraton

by TripAdvisor Member toomuchtravel

Stayed one night at the beginning of a vacation in the Washington area (see other reviews - Quality Inns - Ocean Shores, WA; Port Angeles, WA; and Victoria (Downtown), BC; and Holiday Inn Express City Center - Seattle).

This hotel is right next to the runway at the airport, so you will hear some noise, but it was not too much for wife, two boys (7 and 4) and me. The boys and I actually had fun watching the planes take off and land - if this interests you, request a room facing north.

The front desk executed an efficient check-in. The pool was large and warm - the hot tub was large and hot.

Everything was very clean and in good working order, including free WiFi in the room. We didn't eat any meals at the restaurant.

We had a large breakfast at Elmer's - a couple of miles south - ask for directions - real easy to get to. It's a Portland institution.

This is a good hotel, unless you are prone to missing sleep due to some airport noise - fortunately, it's not busy in the middle of the night.

Great Customer Service

by TripAdvisor Member Kjell88

You would think that a hotel finishing up a major renovation would be a bad thing? I didn't really hear any of the construction. The property will look incredible when it's finished. Rocky the bartender was great, the best of have seen in America after years of travel. My housekeeper Holly was hearing impaired but we got through it all wonderfully, she is delightful. Our meeting were in the new ballroom and it was beautiful. Everything will be complete I am told soon, but you won't be inconvenienced by any noise it seems. Also, loved the food in the restaurant and for our meetings. For aircraft enthusiast a room with a rumway view is great. Like others have said with new jet abatement noise is never an issue. Great Place!

Stayed there for 3 nights

by TripAdvisor Member coolhand18

We booked this hotel for the pool/hot tub and fitness facilities. Unfortunately, the hot tub was not working during our stay. Upon our arrival, we were told that it would be fixed the next day, then again the next day, and then the next day... it was not fixed by the time we left. The fitness room is sadly needing some TLC. The only good thing is the pool is opened 24 hours.
I woke up every morning to banging noises from the door to the club lounge in the morning. The doors would slam shut, and I guess the walls are paper thin. The beds were not comfortable and my sleep wasn't pleasant.
The best part of the hotel is the complimentary happy hour in the club lounge between 5-9pm nightly. It was very nice to go get a drink and a nice hot snack.
Overall, it is a decent hotel, but I think I would book somewhere quieter on my next stay.

Great Stay (except for the restaurant)

by TripAdvisor Member shishibeach

Hotel is big, but very nice. Staff was friendly and helpful and cheerful. Next to the airport (literally-almost ON the runway; nice view of take off/landing from my window) - but the room was quiet. The bed (king size) was comfortable with good pillows, soft clean sheets. Housekeeping seemed to do a fine job. Free wireless in the room that worked very well. Mini bar - not as outrageously priced as some I've seen. Little 4 cup coffee maker same as most, but included little things of real cream instead of powder which is a definite plus in my book! The restaurant/bar is nice enough but the prices are pretty high (roughly $25 for a dinner entree about as cheap as it goes); the wild king salmon was overcooked and not worth the price - stay here, but consider eating elsewhere if you can! I would definitely stay here again if I needed to be near the airport but would figure out some other place to eat.

Comments