Staybridge Suites Portland- Airport

Staybridge Suites Portland Airport
IHG Orbitz.com Expedia.com

• jmpncsu's Profile Photo

Pleasantly Surprised

We stayed at the Staybridge Suites Portland Airport for two nights. I procrastinated booking a hotel for the Portland area and kind of booked this last minute. As such, I wasn't expecting much - something relatively clean (I hoped) and close to the airport. After our stay, however, I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful, especially the front desk staff who went out of their way to help us by explaining the Metro and how to use it to get to different points in the city. They provided a shuttle to the nearest Metro stop - Cascades, as it would a little far to walk. The suites were really big and well furnished. I guess the hotel is more for people staying for a longer period of time, but it was nice to have a big room to get all out stuff packed up at the end of our trip. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms were very clean. The complimentary breakfast in the morning was really good and they had a nice big indoor pool and hot tub, which was a nice way to relax after a busy day. They have a fitness center as well, but I never had the opportunity to use it. Overall, I wasn't expecting much out of this hotel, but it turned out to be a lot nicer than expected. I would definitely stay here again if I was in the area.

Unique Quality: Close to the airport, nice and very clean facilities, very friendly and helpful staff

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo

Very impressive hotel

Our recent stay here left me very impressed with this all suite hotel. I had booked online for a one bedroom and they gave us a two bedroom when we arrived. A newer hotel, we found the rooms very large, very clean and a great bargain at $110 night (thru Expedia.com).

A fully equiped kitchen, tastefully decorated rooms and public areas, decent pool, sauna, hot tub, weight room and free breakfast. Unfortunately, we had to leave too early to try it but it smelled delicous. They also have a reception in the lobby several nights a week with wine and snacks. They even have a small library where you can help yourself to books and board games.

The hotel staff was simply outstanding. Friendly and helpful. They gave us a ride in their van to the Cascade railway station (about 2 miles) where we were able to get into downtown Portland for an afternoon of sightseeing. They even came back to pick us up at the station on our return.

All suite hotels are a growing phenomenon in the US and I'm finding them a great way to travel comfortably.

Unique Quality: Clean, Roomy and wonderful staff. Felt like a home away from home.

Directions: About a mile from the airport terminal on Airport Way. Turn left on Glenn Widding and it is on your left about a half block in.

Comments