1510 S.W. Harbor Way, Portland, Oregon, 97201, United States

RiverPlace Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Expedia.com Travelocity Orbitz.com

• yooperprof's Profile Photo

Elegance and Comfort

The RiverPlace Hotel has a great location on the Williamette, and within easy walking distance of downtown attractions. I especially liked the fact that's it's not a very large hotel - it feels more like an inn, and so service is very friendly and personable. It's on the pricey side, but I got a great rate here midweek by using one of those internet services. How great? With all taxes included it was only $85 a night.

More about The RiverPlace Hotel

This is what $250 a night gets you?

by TripAdvisor Member BooHoward

Sad to see that these are the going rates these days for (average) rooms... For $250 a night you get an average room, at best! Not good. The view was nice enough (actually it was quite nice). The valet stunk. Many times we sat there for quite some time before we were helped and it costs $23 to park here? C'mon, give us better service then that. It's nice that they turn down the bed each night but other then that this place was nothing to write home about... Average at best. If the $10 you pay to work out doesn't get your heart rate going then the two block walk (in the rain) will! C'mon?! We can't work out there for FREE after we've paid your asking price - geez. Not impressed.

Go to the adjacent Portland Spa and Boutique - Exceptional!

by TripAdvisor Member 42itis

Very nice hotel- excellent location, good food. It is totally worth booking massages at the Spa- it is a few steps away from the hotel and the masseuses we had (female) were really exceptional. There is a discount for Riverplace guests. Enjoy!

Needs A Lot Of Help

by TripAdvisor Member TP2000

The prices charged here are 5 star, but the service is more like an airport Howard Johnson's. The hotel is recently refurbished, it has stylishly decorated public areas, and from some angles the view across the river to the grimy industrial neighborhood on the other side is almost pleasant. Rooms are unimpressive and where you can easily tell the hotel is 20 years old even though recently remodeled a bit. But the staff here let the whole place down and need a lot of polish. The expensive restaurant bruch was horrible; an empty dining room with a robot hostess, silverware with dried food stuck on it, and a waiter that went AWOL for 30 minutes after he took our order. Our biggest tip off was that there were no locals dining in the hotel restaurant; they know better! My next trip to Portland I'll stay in the other downtown hotels I've had much better luck with.

We'd have loved to try it!

by TripAdvisor Member mamasaurus

I called Riverplace at around 11pm and asked for "reservations" and was put through to an individual's voice mail. I pressed zero to get back to the first person with whom I spoke, who told me "she must've gone home." I asked if there's any way to book a reservation with him, and he said "Oh OK" then told me they're full for the night I was looking for. I explained that the hotel's website indicated otherwise and I had a question. He said "Well, you'll have to book it there then. Goodbye," and he hung up. If this was some one-off B&B I might expect issues with booking after hours, but Larkspur's a chain. Get it together, folks! (all scores in this review are neutral because we did not stay in the hotel.)

Wow! They were rude

by TripAdvisor Member ngustine

When I arrived to check in on the 29th of June, the staff was very rude to me. I had lost my identification and the desk clerk and manager would not allow me to check in to the room for which I had a reservation for two nights. This came as a shock to me, since earlier that morning I was able to complete airline travel from Denver to Portland without photo ID. If the FAA and Alaska airlines could find a way to help me complete my travel plans, why couldn't the Larkspur hotel?

The front desk manager, Christine Aube, would not work with me to find an alternative way to prove my identity. Ms. Aube sent me across the street to stay at the Marriott where I paid nearly double the price. In addition, I was charged for both nights of my stay at the Larkspur, even though Ms. Aube would not let me check in to the hotel for the first night.

Prior to even knowing about them not letting me check in to my room, my husband had shipped my driver's license via a Fed-ex Saturday morning delivery to the Larkspur hotel from Cheyenne Wyoming. He was traveling as well and this was a huge inconvenience for him. Had he known that the Larkspur would treat me so horribly, he would have never sent the ID to me there. However, it was already in the delivery process, so I had to go back to the Larkspur the next morning to retrieve my fed-ex package. Only then did they allow me to check in to my room.

I am very unsatisfied with the hotel management and ownership and their unwillingness to treat customers with respect and dignity. The manager, Christine Aube, seems to think that the best way to welcome a guest to her hotel is to insinuate that all of the credit cards and items that they possess were stolen.

Beautiful Hotel, Great Location & Fantastic Service

by TripAdvisor Member motpat

My wife and I stayed at the Riverplace Hotel in mid-September. The location is great, right by the Willamette River. Very convenient for taking a stroll or jog through the adjoining waterfront park. While at the same time only being a few blocks from the downtown area. The hotel was beautiful and very well-maintained; both the public areas and the guests rooms. The entire staff was very friendly and accommodationg. The food and ambiance at Three Degrees were outstanding. I am in the hospitality business and would highly recommend this hotel.

A Real Charmer

by TripAdvisor Member Odyssey2001

We stayed 2 nights at RiverPlace and had a wonderful experience. We had requested and received handicapped facilities that were thorough and made our stay much easier. The room was spacious, well decorated, very nicely furnished, quiet, and comfortable. We ate several times in the restaurant (Three Degrees) and had drinks in the bar. Food/drinks were excellent as was the service. The view of the river is wonderful, and it was fun watching runners, bicyclists, etc. along the pathway. The valet parking was highly efficient. All staff were friendly, courteous, and professional. All in all, we had a marvelous stay at RiverPlace.

The Riverplace was a GREAT EXPERIENCE!

by TripAdvisor Member john_giannotti

We stayed at the Riverplace in Portland from Friday Sept 14th until Sunday Sept 16th. From the moment we drove up to the valet parking, the staff was courteous and friendly.

The room was comfortable and warm and well appointed. The staff, including housekeeping was friendly and very helpful.

The Three Degrees restaurant was great. We had breakfast each morning, and had one lovely meal on Saturday evening.
The menu was great, lots of local foods, well prepared, good size portions, good prices and a friendly staff.

The Riverplace was one of the best travel experiences we have had. We will be back very soon,

John and Kitty Giannotti
San Jose, CA

The best beds ANYWHERE

by TripAdvisor Member glbeat

this hotel was a great find. Not inexpensive, but the 6feather pillows and their advertised "Featherborne" bed were worth every penny. Great location on the river. Room didn't have a view but room w/view are considerably higher priced. Friendly, helpful staff. We would go back.

Comments