Seal Rock Hotels

• 850prc profile photo 850prc
  • Reviews: 1195

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Rest on the Rocks B&B: Friendly Folks/Comfortable Accomodation

We were looking for a simple and comfortable little B&B somewhere centrally located on the Oregon US101 coast. We considered at least a half dozen places, and communicated directly with all. In the process, it became clear to me that David and Penny over at Rest on the Rocks were very much interested in having us visit and taking care of us. In the end, I did what I often do - going with the place that really seems most friendly and comforting.

As it almost always is, my plan yielded a good choice. Rest on the Rocks has two upstairs rooms within David and Penny's home. Both are comfortable, nicely and furnished in a very homestyle fashion. Comfortable beds, nice bathroom and a shower with lots of hot water ....all at a very reasonable price.

Penny's breakfasts are very good as well, always something different. And considering that rarely are there more than four guests in the B&B, it's a very personal and quiet presentation.

The innkeepers are very helpful and personally involved in meeting your needs for comfort. We had a great stay.

ONE THING, if it bothers you.... David and Penny do not allow consumption of alcohol at their B&B, an intensely personal choice for reason. If THAT matters to you, then do stay elsewhere. But, being a guy who loves his wine (we'd just done a day long wine tour earlier on the trip), I will tell you that you can get a beer, some wine or cocktails lots of other places within short reach of the Rest on the Rocks. But you'd be hard pressed to find folks any nicer than David and Penny anywhere in Oregon. THAT matters most to me.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Written November 2, 2012
Tip Photo

My daughter Sara, with innkeeper and chef Penny.

• dustmon profile photo dustmon
  • Reviews: 1122

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Studio rental: VRBO house rental

Across the street from the beach, a good rental for a couple, maybe with a small child including a kitchen/bathroom---we got it for $75 a night
Go to VRBO and search seal rock

across from the beach, very inexpensive

• Opinion of Price: least expensive