414 N Prom, Seaside, OR 97138

BEST WESTERN Ocean View Resort
Orbitz.com Booking.com Travelocity

Costs 55% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• a really poor experience at this hotel

I booked a special prepaid rate through Orbitz. I have done this frequently with them,so do not hold them responsible for the truly bad room and experience at this hotel. Upon arrival was told that I was not entitled to a room with a view (they claim all their rooms have views). I asked how much an upgrade would be. It would be $50. My special rate was $69. I declined and was given 504A. The A stands for attached to another room when they want to make a suite of that room. It was small and cramped with a window facing an outside walkway . We had to pull the curtains . We had a view of the parking lot and the ice machine plus the people in 504 made for a lot of noise. I am enclosing pictures , one taken from the doorway and one from the outside wall of the room. I expect more from a Best Western Hotel but was told they are individually owned and run. Therefore, am reluctant to trust any of them in the future and certainly this hotel should be avoided.

More about Best Western Ocean View Resort

Comfortable Bed

by TripAdvisor Member LATraveler44

I stayed in a 5th floor oceanfront room and was impressed, especially after reading all the negative reviews here. The balcony had great views, and the pillowtop mattress was one of the best I have slept on in a hotel. The room also had a pull out bed, which has a real queen mattress, a vast improvement over a sleeper sofa. My room looked like it had been recently renovated, and although the winter menu at the restaurant is apparently limited because it's the low season, the pizza I had was large and tasty! It appears that there are some smaller "value" rooms without ocean views, but the room I stayed in was great!

Inhospitable, dirty

by TripAdvisor Member rodnpats

This hotel was not worth the $230 per night we paid. The facilities were filthy, the staff were rude with the exception of the night maintenance man. I will not stay at this hotel again. I requested a 2 queen bed room, fully expecting 2 beds and found the second bed was a murphy bed we were expectged to set up ourselves. Bedding was not laundered, toilets and bathtub were filthy. thick dust on the night stands and lamps. Sorry to be so negative but I can say the view was great, but not worth the facilities and rude staff you had to put up with.

Excellent hotel

by TripAdvisor Member shellificent

Great stay. Super nice pool area. Hotel restaraunt serves an awesome meal for a reasonable price. Tasty pizza, a huge salad, bread sticks and a pitcher of soda, under 20 dollars. Construction upstairs but reasonably quiet. Highly recommended.

Really gross

by TripAdvisor Member grossepointer

I am not a complainer but I could not let this one go. My husband and I took our kids to this 'Resort' for spring break. We are new to Oregon and from the pictures on the website, it looked fantastic. Upon arriving, our room door was standing wide open, we were a bit uneasy, but we went in. The closet doors were mirrored, and they were so filthy you could hardly see your reflection. Same went for the glass patio door. It looked as though there was a dog staying in the room prior to us, and had licked the entire glass. It was nasty to look through. My husband and I decided to sit out on the deck in the evening, only to find the chairs outdoors not only did match, they were broken. The hallyways were so cold, my kids about froze coming back from the pool. Overall terrible experience. The front desk staff were friendly, but when I complained, they did not seem to care.. Never again!!

Tiniest room EVER

by TripAdvisor Member Robyn123

While selecting a room to book for a weekend getaway, we decided to stick with "name-brand" and opted for the Best Western -- good choice, right? NO. Although we thought $80 USD a night was a pretty good deal, we should have suspected something was up when we checked in and were told our room number was "203A". After exiting the elevator on the second floor, we noticed a window in the hallway -- strange. Well, we would soon learn that it was the only "window" in our room. As soon as we opened the door and walked in, we were shocked to see the smallest room ever. Imagine a queen sized bed with a tiny path around it -- that's it. We immediately asked if there were any other rooms available and were told "no". So, after borrowing the lobby phone book and calling a few other hotels/motels (with no luck -- we weren't about to pay $250 a night), we opted to head out for a bite to eat. It was 8pm and we had driven for 9 hours. As soon as we stepped out, we noticed the "Ebb-Tide" motel across the street. We popped in the lobby and secured a room with a "partial ocean view" for less $ than the Best Western. After arguing with the front desk clerk about checking out (she wanted to charge us the full rate since we had already checked in), we spoke with the manager and agreed to pay $25 as a "too late to call" fee. With this done, we checked in to the Ebb-Tide and had great weekend. Moral of the story? Don't stay at the Best Western unless you've secured yourself a suite with a full ocean view. Otherwise, find something else.

Wonderful staff, great room

by TripAdvisor Member mammiesmom

My stay at the Best Western couldn't have been better. The staff treated me like I was family. The room I stayed in was a large room with a partial view of the ocean. It was clean and comfortable. There was some construction going on (I think on the roof) but it was so quiet, I was never disturbed. I loved the restaurant, a homey Italian place with the best chicken parmesan I've had. Overall, a great place to stay. I'll be back

Perfect Central Place to lauch from

by TripAdvisor Member ZoeRuth

My husband and I stayed here three nights in March. We were interested in a central location that we could use as home base to come back to after exploring . While Seaside did not hold much interest for us (we are empty nesters- and it is a family place)-this was a perfect place to launch from. Very reasonable for what we wanted: hi-speed internet connection,jacuzzi,oceanfront,fireplace,microwave,and fridge! Very clean, NICE room was large and well laid out w/even a balcony which was private and faced the ocean. The beach is very wide here so note that the ocean is not as close as one might like. It was very quiet the 3-5th of March and front desk people were great- I used the safe each day to leave my valuables before we took off to Cannon Beach and Portland to shop, explore etc.
I must mention the prices in Cannon Beach for comparable place was outrageous and this is so close its ridiculous!

Stay Away

by TripAdvisor Member KayceeOklahomaCity

The room had a strong stench of dog. I stayed in 2 different Best Western hotels on my vacation in Oregon and both allowed dogs. So if you are sensitive to dog smells and allergens, I strongly suggest you stay away from this chain. While I am a dog lover, there is still no excuse for a room to be any less clean or habitable. I initially thought the smell would dissipate if I ran the air conditioner and let the room air-out, but it did not. Spoke to the night desk later that evening and while they did send someone to squirt air freshener onto the carpet, the desk clerk/manager was not sympathetic. In fact, upon my telling her the room number, she said, "Hmmm... that's not supposed to be a dog friendly room." How patronizing! Perhaps a dog was allowed in it by error. Who cares. Bottom line from the customer's standpoint is that the room smelled of dog. There was no need for a comment like that. Also, the room was small. The rate was $90/night on expedia. It was not an ocean view room although the hotel was located on the beach (the ocean view rooms are pricier). To enjoy the beach in Seaside, you do not need to actually stay in a hotel that is on the beach, many are located within 50-100 yards from the beach and might be a better value proposition. If you are on a budget, i suggest you look elsewhere other than the Best Western.

Don't go there expecting good internet access

by TripAdvisor Member theoregonguy

The website certainly makes this place look nicer than it is. It is ok, not that great. We had a partial ocean view room, and I have to say the view was better than what I expected it to be. It faced the north side of the beach, but we had a great view. Other positives - The staff was very friendly, from maintenance people to hotel desk.

The negatives - I never did really get internet access in my room. I even paid a $500 deposit to check out a wireless bridge that was supposed to boost access, but it never worked. That was really annoying. Thankfully, they had wired access in the lobby, but I was expecting to work in my room and have an ocean view, instead I was sitting in the lobby...where I overheard LOTS of conversations about bad internet service. The hotel people can't help you, they refer you to a toll free number where you can talk to someone who also really won't help you...Oh well. That was annoying, but at least I had access.

I guess I thought it was going to be a nicer hotel. I've stayed on the beach in Florence, and had a fantastic hotel and room. The pool here was small, and very clorinated. Next time, I am going to check out a different hotel in Seaside.

Comments