250 First Ave, Seaside, Oregon, 97138, United States

Expedia.com Hotels.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Poor

• never again

.Do not ever stay at the city center motel in Seaside Oregon! To start off we went on a weekend where they were having a roundup event so there was absolutely no where to stay but we managed to get the last room at City Center motel. We paid $103.20 for an upstairs room of what looked like an old house,our door was a bedroom door with a lock that just as well not be on it at all, it smelled like a cat litter pan (dirty one) there were only 2 rooms up there and our neighbors had a dog that barked for hours while the owners were not there even though the hotel policy is to not leave ur pets alone in the room. The neighbors were up until 1:30am so loud it sounded like they were in our room. They were smoking pot.....you could smell it in our room you could here them talk about the weed and how they bought it from the Guy down stairs, every other word was "***" then their company finally left but not to worry they were back up at 8:00am and it sounded like the Guy was coughing up a lung then we listened to them argue about the dog pooping on the floor. I had asked to be moved from our so called room but she assured me they had nothing else available. Errrrrr I just wanted to take my 2 sons and my 76 year old mom for a nice get away at the beach. I stopped by the office to tell her what happen in hopes of getting some of my money back but was told no and was given a coupon for 10% off the next time I come........like that will ever happen again! NO WAY! again the name of the place is City Center Motel in Seaside Oregon! DO NOT EVER STAY THERE! My 8 year old son is still asking me what weed is and why do people do that..........

Unique Quality: Not worth the price.

• never again!!!

More about Seaside

The RoomsThe Rooms

Locals recommend PhillipsLocals recommend Phillips

Ken CarpenterKen Carpenter

End of the Trail MonumentEnd of the Trail Monument

Things to Do

by 2giants

We are planning a long weekend to Seaside. We have never been, so please tell us what we shouldn't miss.
thanks in advance for your help

by patnoelle

If you can supply a bit more information on the whereabouts of Seasise, perhaps somebody can give you suggestions. Good luck!

by glabah

Seaside is a fairly popular location on the Oregon Coast. There is a lot of information already on VirtualTourist from people.

I'm not sure exactly what could be considered a "not to miss" but there is, of course, quite a lot of beach there.

On your way to Seaside, (if you are coming from Portland) if you like hiking you might want to stop by the Saddle Mountain State Park.

by orcoastgirl

Hi there! We have a beach cottage in Seaside and spend several weeks there in the the summer. It's such a great place with so much to do and see. What are your interests? Do you surf? Our famliy loves the area around the Cove and Ave U to surf. If you want to learn, go to Cleanline and they will hook you up with great instructors. My husband has been surfing for about 3 years and took 3 lessons this summer to improve, it's a lot of fun. There is the promenade there that runs about 2 miles along the ocean. This is a fun place to walk, ride your bike, etc. The Seaside Aquarium is located there which is fun to go to, feed the seals!

Another thing tourists enjoy doing is renting the surrey bikes, there are several places in Seaside where you can rent these, it's fun to ride through the town on theses. There are a couple of carnival rides along the main street there by the Turnaround, you can also rent paddle boats and go down the Necanicum River there. If you like to shop, there are the Seaside Outlets which have lots of cool shops and wine tasting, also.

There are so many great places to dine in Seaside: Norma's Ocean Diner, Taste of Tuscany, the Seaside Inn, Bigfoot Pub & Grub, Goose Hollow Cafe, Riverside BBQ are a few of our favorites. You could also visit nearby Cannon Beach which is about a 10 minute drive. There is Haystack Rock, Ecola State Park, and a nice upscale downtown area there.

Any further questions, please feel free to ask, I love chatting about Seaside, our son will be joining us for several days this week at our beach cottage, can't wait! I hope you enjoy the area as much as we do. :)

Travel Tips for Seaside

Be prepared!

by Brehone

Make sure to bring shoes for the sand and shoes for walking. Be sure to bring warm clothes for the fall, winter, and spring and even the summer! In Oregon, on the beach, it can be cold all year round, especially in the evenings. Lots of photo opportunites along the coast. A light jacket in the summer and heavy warm jacket for winter. I would also suggest being prepared for rain all year long.

BEST WESTERN OCEAN VIEW

by NEETER9

I ATTEMPTED TO GET RESERVATIONS FOR THE 16 -17 OF APRIL. THEY HAD A SPECIAL PACKAGE DEAL FOR 129.00 OFF SEASON WHICH APRIL IS. PEAK SEASON IS AT THE END OF MAY. ABOUT THE SECOND TIME THAT I CALLED THEM THEY TOLD ME THAT THEY WOULD NOT HONOR THAT PACKAGE DEAL. BECAUSE THEY COULD CHANGE THE RATES ANY TIME. THE FIRST TIME I CALLED DONNA WHO IS THE MANAGER, DIDNT EVEN KNOW OF THE SPECIAL RATE. SHE TOLD ME TO CALL HER BACK IN A 1/2 HOUR I NEVER GOT IN CONTACT AGAIN WITH HER. SO THE QUESTION BEING IS THERE A OFF SEASON. SO WHEN YOU PLAN YOUR VIST TO THE OREGON COAST, I WOULD STAY AT THE HI TIDE 800-621-9876 GREAT OCEAN VIEW ROOMS AND THE PRICE WAS GREAT 109.00 PER NIGHT (OFFSEASON) AS FOR THE BEST WESTERN I WILL NOT STAY IN ANY OF THEIR MOTELS. I WAS TREATED POORLY, AND HOW THEY PUT OUT THE SPECIAL PACKAGE, IS FRAUD.

Seaside, Oregon

by Brehone

"Visitng Seaside"

My husband and I are expecting our first child and decided to take a long weekend and drive to the coast before the baby comes. Seaside is a great little town in Oregon that has lots of hotel options, plus is close to other nearby attractions.

Comments