The Resort At Seaside

More about Seaside

That earlier me at SeasideThat earlier me at Seaside

Ice Cream StandIce Cream Stand

New LibraryNew Library

Madonna and childMadonna and child

nighlife in seaside

by Snuff73183

I currently live in central Illinois, i am planning on moivng to oregon within the next year. i was wondering about nightlife things to do for people in the age range of 21-30 is there anything?

Re: nighlife in seaside

by glabah

I would suggest visiting at least once before you decide to move permanently. Seaside is a fairly small city, and therefore nightlife type of activities are a little limited compared to Chicago or places you may be used to.

Travel Tips for Seaside

Beach Volleyball Tournament....worlds largest!

by phildeni

This August (2003) will be the 22nd year of the Seaside Beach Volleyball Tournament. The all-sand-court competition claims to be the biggest tournament in the world, with 71 courts stretching as far as the eye can see from the towns promenade. There will be 2500 professional and recreational athletes and tens of thousands of spectators. Barefoot dance parties..a "Woody" car show and a beauty queen contest. There will be cash prizes in excess of $20,000.

Eat your heart out Santa Monica and Manhattan Beach! Swim suits, tanning creme,sun block, and an appetite for a great weekend.

The place I first saw the ocean

by Segolily

"The feeling was the same"

Being fairly young on my first visit to the Northwest I had vague recollections of walking around the corner of the motor inn where we were staying and seeing for the first time a beach and the ocean. I remember walking on the long wide flat sand beach to put my feet in the water of the Pacific Ocean. It was an important event for me at the time. I remember thinking where are the waves? :-) These waves were nothing like the waves I had seen the surfers on TV ride. But still I looked out across that wide blue horizon to the point where the sea and the sky meet and felt the immensity.

"Would I remember?"

I wondered as we drove through town how my memory would intersect with the present. I have no idea if the little motel was still there, but I recognized the turnaround. It was with some sense of deja vu that I walked down the steps and out onto the sand across the wide flat beach and let the waves roll over my feet.

"A thought"

I believe in ghosts of place....that we leave some essence of ourselves in places which made an impact on us. And when years later we return, even though we ourselves have changed that part of us left behind recognizes us and pulls us back a little to that earlier time.
This place did that to me...I could feel that earlier me walk along side of me and also put her feet in the warm Pacific waters again.

Seaside - Coastal Paradise!

by oregonsurfer

Seaside is a charming little beach/tourist town located just south of the Columbia River mouth on the northern Oregon coast. It is sleepy from late Fall to early Spring and bustling on the weekends and in Spring and Summer. Seaside is a haven for surfers, kiteboarders, kayakers and beachcombers. In the area are several beautiful beaches and breathtaking woodland hikes and campsites overlooking the Pacific Ocean. I had been coming to Seaside so often to surf that I eventually just moved here. It is a great area for ocean sports enthusiasts, mountain bikers, hikers and plain ole' nature lovers.

Comments