3400 S Hemlock

Orbitz.com Expedia.com Travelocity

• Never go back

We booked our weekend stay several weeks in advance, wanting to get a good ocean view room, 16th anniversary & first trip we’ve been able to take in 6 years due to husband’s poor health and finances. After my husband made the reservations he called back to make sure we could have an upper level room, not the ground level because we have a young dog that barks when she sees people and we didn’t want people walking past the patio doors creating a nuisance for us and our neighbors. We were told it would be a 3rd floor room, so problem. We get there a little early were told check in time was at 4pm ( it was 3:40 pm) so we took a seat in the lobby. While we were waiting we overheard several people arrive without reservations being told all they had were rooms behind MO’s restaurant, on the ground level. When 4:00 came we checked in and were given a first floor room behind MO’s! I explained to the check in lady our situation and was told they would NEVER promise a specific room and ALL customers were told in advance if they would be behind MO’s. So pretty much she called me a liar and said take it or leave it! Where else are we going to go at 4:00 on a Friday night at the Oregon Coast? Everything is taken which is why we made reservations! After a night of having to keep our patio shade pulled and door closed so the dog wouldn’t be a nuisance and my husband feeling ill the next day and stuck in the room without being able to even enjoy the view I spoke with Shelly, event manager, who could only sympathize by cutting our hotel rate by $55.00 a night and giving us a 25% discount on our next visit, off season only. While this is something it really didn’t resolve the problem. We still had nothing to view but a parking lot when we could open the shade and a view that could only be seen if you sat on the corner of the couch. If you can’t rely on making a reservation for what you need or want I don’t see any point in going back. We would have gladly changed our trip date for a better room or gone further down the road to the Hallmark. . We loved it there years ago even spent part of our honeymoon there but now it’s not worth the trip. Tiny toilets that overflow in the middle of the night. Paper thin walls and rude inconsiderate desk help. I have never been treated so rudely by any motel help in my life and we will never go back.

Directions: A mile or 2 outside of Cannon Beach city.

Comments