Did you mean?Try your search again
Our Members Say
- Reviews: 2175
Vernonia Lake Primitive Campground: Right on the Lake, Few Amenities
I did not stay at this campground.
Located right next to Vernonia Lake, but with a berm of plant life creating some privacy from the trail around the lake, the campground is walk-in only from a parking area approximately 1/4 mile (0.4 km) on the north end of the park. The restroom facility closest to the campground is a pit toilet, but there is running water in the restrooms at the north end of the park.
Privacy is a bit different down the hill at the camp ground itself, as at the bottom of the hill there is essentially a large open space with a few scattered picnic tables, and little to dvide the area into camp sites. The winter season also means less vegetation that separates the camp ground from the trail around the lake.
There is very little in the way of shade or privacy in the primitive camping area, but it is possible to hear the peaceful sound of rushing water in the distance from the campground.
It is necessary to use the self-service pay station and have the tag on your vehicle. Reservations do not exist: service is first come first served. Find a spot, put someone there to reserve the site, and come back with the envilope to fill out and deposit.
Web site below is only for Vernonia Lake Park, but features a very small amount of information on the campground at the bottom of the page.
- Reviews: 2175
Anderson Park: Hookup the RV or Plant a Tent south of Downtown
The city of Vernonia operates Anderson Park, which has relatively small day use facilities, but extensive camping facilities. It is especially designed with a large portion of the sites being utility recreational vehicle sites, but there are some tent sites.
The showers are coin operated, and cost $1.00 for 5 minutes, $1.25 for 6 minutes, and $1.50 for 7 minutes.
As Vernonia and the surrounding area are mostly void of hotels and other large commercial places to spend the night, this is one of the only options that allows you to spend the night in the city.
The spaces are fairly close together, and privacy is somewhat limited.
There are flush toilets with pay showers located towards the center - east end of the park.
Tent sites seem to be somewhat less organized, and I'm not quite certain how they are ordered. In some cases, people just seem to set up right next to the road.
The camping area has a one way ring of roads around it, but people seem to occasionally get going in the wrong direction, so watch out for those.
There is a water station as well, which is self-service and charges by the unit of water delivered to the recreational vehicle tank.
Various fees are charged for the park, depending on if you are here for the day, or for overnight camping, and the type of overnight facility you have taken. The fee station is by the restrooms, and you must grab an envilope from the bottom of the container, fill out the form, and enclose payment. The self-pay station is at the southern end of Adams Avenue.
For reservations, please see the park web site, below.
Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful
- Find Cheap Hotels
- Save 60% on Hotel Rooms! Comparison Shopping Made Easy. www.lowfares.com/Hotel-Reservations
- Cannon Beach Hotels
- Four Classic Cannon Beach Inns B&B Spring Rates Begin at $89 www.cannonbeachhotellodgings.com/
- Priceline Cheap Motels
- Great Selection of Quality Motels. Book Your Reservation Online. www.priceline.com/Motels
Explore the World
- Econo Lodge Macon
- Fairfield Inn & Suites San Antonio SeaWorld/Westover Hills
- Yosemite Bug Rustic Mountain Resort
- Pellestrina Hotels
- East Rutherford Hotels
- Lago di Garda Hotels
- Dilsberg Hotels
- Boca Chica
- Dromineer Hotels
- Tioga Park Hotels
- Jimboomba Hotels
- Nea Ionia Hotels
- Savannakhet Hotels
- Springtown Hotels
- Bassano del Grappa Hotels
- Basing Hotels
- Dalmatia - Dubrovnik Region
- Hotel deals in Vernonia
- Traveling to Vernonia? Easily search and quickly save! www.smartertravel.com/Vernonia-hotels
- Hotels: Booking.com
- Lowest price guarantee! Book at over 275,000 hotels online www.booking.com/Hotels
- Oregon Hotels from $64+
- Find Hotel Deals in Oregon Today. Compare Rates at up to 70% Off! www.travelzoo.com/Oregon
- Oregon Hotels
- Oregon Hotels Hot Deals at La Quinta Inn & Suites www.lq.com/
- Choice Hotels & Suites
- Best Internet Rates, Guaranteed. Find 6,000+ Hotels Worldwide. www.choicehotels.com/
- Book without the gamble!
- Tingo.com If prices drop after you book, Get Money Back automatically!
- Save money, Book now !
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates