821 Evergreen Rd, Woodburn, OR 97071

Smile ColmSmile Colm

And More TulipsAnd More Tulips

More TulipsMore Tulips

Travel Tips for Woodburn

Go Drag Racing! Skip the Town!

by Nitrofury101

The drag strip of course! Best fun anywhere. If there's a rain delay - go over to the outlet mall. Avoid downtown - you aren't missing anything. Woodburn Drag Strip's Fire and Thunder drags with the jet cars.

Center Of Willamette Valley Agriculture

by birchy99

"Wooden Shoe Tulip Farm"

We took a couple of the dogs here last spring to get some pictures of them amongst the tulips. It is truly a great visit. Lots of blooms, lots of pictures, lots of people, and lots of things for sale.

"Windmill"

And of course what tulip farm would be complete without a replica of a Dutch windmill? Well her it is but I'm sure it pumps no water but is very picturesque.

Drag Racing in Oregon

by Nitrofury101

"Drag Racing 2002 - High School Champion"

My first year at Woodburn was great. I attended most of the events and ended up 23rd in the Pro division (out of 126) and in first place in the High School division. The track is kept pretty nice - the pits are paved or grass which is exceptional as many tracks use gravel. Crew at the track are great - and they serve the best corn dogs around. Weather has limited racing so far this year - but stay tuned or check our webpage under racing for details on this season.

Tulips for all!

by Shaft28

Woodburn, Oregon is a small town about 35 miles south of Portland.
A little hard to get to, but if you have a map you'll get there.
The reason to go there: The Woodburn Tulip Festival. Not so much of a festival as it is a farm that shows off some of it's acreage. In fact the Wooden Shoe Bulb company is the site and during March-April they open their doors to show off 30 acres of tulips.
I love it as this is where I got engaged. To my fiancée's surprise I took her here during full bloom and popped the question.
A special place to us, but also a beautiful spot to stop by for a bit.

Here I am pointing out the "tulip marker" that reads, "On this spot Jeannine said yes to Marc".

She didn't have her glasses on so didn't get it for a bit longer...

Anyway, some of the beautiful trays of flowers next to the shop to buy behind us.

Love this pic. Next to all the red tulips in her sweater- the hard copy rocks. Just shows some of the beauty of the land there. Plus my hot mama, oh yeah!

Comments