Yachats Hotels

Our Members Say

• Petluver profile photo Petluver

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Deane's Oceanfront Lodge: Affordable Oceanfront Lodging

Our stay at Deane's Oceanfront Lodge was just what we needed. The hotel is located right on one of the best beaches in all of Oregon. The stairs to the beach were right outside our door. We went during low tide and where able to walk for 7 miles!. The hotel is just a few miles outside of Yachats. The rooms were clean, cozy and charming. We loved the 1940s glass block tiles in the bathroom. Staff was very friendly and welcoming. We will definately be back!

Loved that this place had some real character and charm. This isn't a luxurious resort - but then that's now what we wanted (and not what we wanted to pay for!) Rooms are very clean and fresh! Loved the decor. We felt like we were staying at an oceanfront B&B - but for a much lower price!

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Road Trip, Budget Travel, Beaches
  • Written January 5, 2011
Tip Photo

Beautiful beach!

• PartyMouse profile photo PartyMouse

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Adobe Resort: Oceanfront Splendor

Live music on the weekends, and very good and reasonable rooms. Each room has an ocean view, and the churning surf is illuminated by lights from the hotel at night. Unblocable views of the surf, and easy walking along the waterfront. Staff was very helpful, to the point of ridiculousness! (We felt pampered) A romantic fireplace in the room, whirlpool tub, and fresh terrycloth robes made our stay fantastic. A real value at $100 a night.
Most of the maid staff speak spanish, but I speak enough that I could make myself understood when I wanted a couple of old towels to wipe down my car windows. (Heavy dew every night). They were very accomodating, and brought the old CLEAN towels to me. (Gracias, Lupita). Whatever I asked about, or asked for, the staff was gracious and accomodating.

The sunday buffet breakfast was a lavish spread, and included an aply stocked salad bar, and of all things a dessert table! We ordered off the menu with modestly ($10) items, but it wasn't necessary, the buffet at $8.95 would have been more than sufficient. I had Cheese blintzes, which were delicious.
Each room has a DVD player, and movies are available in the lobby at the front desk. We didn't watch movies, however, preferring to watch the surf with a hot cup of tea. The Adobe Resort is a good base to take several day trips from. The Heceta Head Lighthouse and State Park is nearby, and whale watching is a big attraction in the winter months. We had most of the beaches to ourselves in mid-October, and the fall colors were gorgeous. One of the side trips we to was to see a little covered bridge located just outside of town. The drive was pleasant, but I wouldn't recommend it during busy summer tourist season months, as it is one lane a lot of the way. It was only seven miles from Hwy. 101, but top speed was 25mph. Thouroughly worth the ride, though!

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Beaches, Whale Watching
  • Written October 25, 2006
Tip Photo

Sunset at Adobe Resort, Yachats, Oregon

• mikeleemills profile photo mikeleemills

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Silver Surf Motel, Yachats, OR: Motel for Dogs, not Children or Families

We were enroute driving to Seattle for our Alaskan cruise and picked Yachats since it was midpoint of our Northern California to Seattle leg and were looking forward to exploring the Oregon coastline. Yachats and the Oregon coast are very beautiful and will drive it again one day in the future. Silver Surf Motel is another story......

First we called the hotel to let them know we would be late in which they replied they could leave the key under the mat if necessary? Anyway we got there early evening and a "grandmotherly" woman greeted us upon check in. Walking to our room we were accosted by three "friendly" dogs. The main door had no deadbolt for security and my 7 year old daughter could, with a little effort, break the door knob. The found the room had a musty odor and the carpets were badly stained. We did have a wonderful view of the ocean and the sound of the waves during our short stay - comforting. The wall molding was falling off in the bathroom and the toilet seat wood was bleeding through the worn paint. The refrigerator, when opened, smelled badly. Since this was a place to sleep overnight we just had to grin and bear it.

After returing from a local restaruant, it was time to hit the sack. Opening the bed covers confirmed my worst fear, a few short pieces of black curled hair between the sheets.....me and my family are blondies!

The next morning we awoke to the sound of the ocean and and saw several other dogs(different) on the way to the beach.

Although Yachats has many things to offer but Silver Surf Motel does not. If your looking for a clean place for you and your family....look to other motels!

Beautiful view of ocean. Ample parking

• Related to: Family Travel, Road Trip
  • Written August 29, 2005

• EngineerMike profile photo EngineerMike

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Silver Surf Motel: Avoid - At all costs

We selected Yachats because it was halfway up the Oregon coast. An enjoyable road trip we called in advance to the Silver Surf to let them know that we might be late. Not a problem because they would leave a key under the doormat if we were late.

Upon arriving, the check in was pleasant and we looked forward to the ocean view, even though it was a bit foggy. We fought our way through a number of guest's dogs that would outnumber a dog pound. We entered the room and locked the door with a simple thumblatch (no deadbolt). We were somewhat shocked when we entered the room and investigated our occupancy for the evening. The carpet was stained, the refrigerator smelled, the floor molding peeling off, the paint was in poor condition, the toilet stained and seat two tone-white and bare wood. The ambiance of the crashing surf was overshadowed by dogs barking in a nearby room and noisy guests on the other room. We were concerned for our health and feared for my 7 year old daugher and wife when I pulled open the sheet and found some small black curly hairs(none of us have that hair color). I'd strongly recommend avoidance of this hotel if you value your health!!!

Great view of the ocean. Unhealthy/unclean conditions.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Road Trip, Family Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written August 11, 2005

• angeliam profile photo angeliam
  • Reviews: 5

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Round Rock house on the coast: Rented a private house

This is small house right on the beach- the waves hit the window during a snow storm- yes snow! But thats ok it was 60 degrees at home and locals said snow on the coast is very rare I was very special to be apart of it. HA HA.
I'll try to post a picture soon

Simple- but the kitchen has everything you will ever need and want including stuff to catch and cook crabs. Yum

• Related to: Beaches, Travel with Pets, Family Travel