280 Overleaf Lodge Lane, Yachats, Oregon, 97498, United States

• KaisaL's Profile Photo

Quiet & Relaxing

At first when I booked the Overleaf Lodge, I thougt it was a bit high in price. After arriving my opinion changed. This lodge is Smoke Free and Pet Free...two amenities I look for. Our room had a jacuzzi with windows overlooking the ocean. King size bed, couch, chair, fireplace, sliding doors to a deck with chairs and table. Small fridge, coffee maker, microwave, hair dryer, 25" TV and 2 robes are included with the room. Guests receive free use of the day spa’s facilities, including the soaking pool, hot tub, steam rooms and saunas. This also is very clean. Also included was a great continental breakfast. It was so clean and quiet.

Unique Quality: All rooms are ocean front, no exceptions, not a bad room in the lodge. You felt safe leaving the patio door open at night to hear the waves and nature around you. The spa soaking tub overlooks the sea and was so relaxing. Great location for whale watching also!!

Directions: Look for sign on Highway 101 entering Yachats.

• goingsolo's Profile Photo

Overleaf Lodge

Unique Quality: If you intend to stay in this area, this would be a good place to do so. Although small and lacking in amenities, its a friendly place, with hiking trails along the beach. Check out the suite with the jacuzzi on a deck overlooking the water. Its more expensive, but sitting in the jacuzzi sipping wine while listening to the ocean is all you'll have for nightlife in this town. There's a free breakfast included in the room rate as well.

More about Overleaf Lodge & Spa

Amazing!!!

by TripAdvisor Member jojomagic

Totally beautiful! The room was beautiful, the view was breathtaking, the spa was gorgeous. We got an Inglenook room with a balcony (on another reviewer's advice) and we were SO pleased. The breakfast was great. I really have nothing bad to say about this hotel, it was fantastic, the highlight of our trip.

Outstanding Hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member Asheville

My husband and I stayed here on a Saturday night. The hotel was completely booked but it felt very private. We made our reservation a just couple of days in advance so they only had Whale Watcher rooms left. We were given a 3rd floor Whale Watcher with a balcony and were just delighted. We couldn't believe this was their low end room. It felt very deluxe.

Our deck looked straight upon the ocean. We could even see it from the bed! One of my favorite parts was hearing the waves crash on the shore. The little touches really made us happy. From Aveda bath products to a modern Cd player alarm clock and plenty of towels, the amenties were great. Oh, and breakfast was really good too. They offered something for every taste.

Speaking of amenities, the spa was so much better than I expected. The soaking pool overlooking the water coupled with the hot tub, sauna and steam room made for a very relaxing experience. We went in the exercise room and the equipment looked great. (Having just walked many miles on the local trails we didn't use it though.)

The 804 trail to the beach is really pretty and worth the walk. In town, we ate at the Drift Inn. They had a blues band playing, good service, and really good food. (Not fancy but good with a great selection, even vegetarian!)

Overall it was an amazing combination of wild nature with a bit of pampered luxury. Perfect for us. We will definitely return.

Good value

by TripAdvisor Member sombrio

After reading many positive reviews here on TA, and in order to get some respite from tenting in poor weather, I phoned on a Friday morning to see if they'd have any rooms available for three nights last weekend. Fortunately for us there had apparently been a cancellation, and we were able to stay in a third floor room with a window seat.

The view was riveting (great for sunsets), although somewhat marred by the condensation between the glass of the picture window. The room was comfortable (2 queen beds, 2 armchairs, windowseat), like a good chain hotel room and basically clean. It looked like a good thorough cleaning might be in order as some of the grout in the bathroom was moldy and there was a collection of dead bugs on the back of the lampshade. The kitchenette was slightly confusing as it was equipped with wine glasses, coffee mugs, a cutting board, tea towel and dish cloth, coffee maker, fridge, microwave, but no utensils or plates.

The free breakfast was plenty for us, although a few other guests seemed to be expecting something more judging from comments we overheard - small waffles and quiches, hard boiled eggs, cereal, muffins/loaves, large bowls of cut up fruit, yogurt, and beverages.

The lobby contains some beautiful wood and glass art installations, and a fireplace which was smoking badly one morning and unlit the other. A nice crackling fire would have added great ambience to the breakfast.

A path runs in front of the hotel and you can easily walk into south into Yachats, or north where the path comes out on a 5 mile long stretch of beach.

Although there are a few things that could be improved upon, I think this hotel is great value for your money. Considering what you pay at a normal hotel with a view of the nearest interstate highway, the setting and views from each room here more than justify the price.

One of my favorite spots

There are not enough superlatives to describe staying at this wonderful lodge. First of all, you cannot beat the view...the ocean right below your balcony. The rooms are very well decorated, the bed extremely comfortable. We stayed in the Inglenook with a balcony. This is the second time we have visited. We booked four nights of a two week vacation...that is how much we love this property. Their breakfast was the best of the two weeks...not exagerating. The staff very friendly and accomodating. This is a great value. I cannot recommend it highly enough....you will not be disappointed. Be sure to check out the 'Drift Inn' for dinner...great food and service.

Awesome Overleaf

by TripAdvisor Member E897

Whenever we need a quick and consistently rejuvenating escape, my husband and I drive about 1 1/2 hours to The Overleaf Lodge in Yachats. It overlooks the Pacific Ocean and is equally beautiful in the summer when you can walk on the beach trail, explore tidepools or fly a kite, or the winter when you can curl up by the fireplace, read a good book and watch the raging Pacific storms. The rooms are large, very attractive and clean. The beds are comfortable and the views are fabulous. They have added a very elegant spa on the third floor where you can watch the waves from a hot tub and then enjoy a massage or a facial. A delicious buffet breakfast is included and features quiche, fresh fruit and great homemade pastries. Yachats is a quiet little beach town, with some cute shops and decent restaurants. It's especially fun to visit on Veteran's Day weekend for the annual Celtic Music Festival. We are currently building our own beach house and want it to feel just like the Overleaf!

A lovely place to stay!!

by TripAdvisor Member Lazylightning

A wonderful wedding suite!

My husband and I, along with several family members, stayed at the Overleaf Lodge while preparing for our Yachats, Oregon wedding.

We were quite impressed! Our room was a 3rd floor Restless Waters room (fireplace and jet-tub) in the older wing of the hotel. It had a kitchenette with desk area, a couch and coffee table, and a balcony overlooking the beautiful Oregon coast. The ocean was literally right at the hotel's doorstep. This hotel offers panoramic ocean views without other parts of the hotel really getting in the way much at all.

Relatives stayed in the newer wing in Inglenook rooms. We honestly couldn't tell a big difference between the new and old wings, other than barely noticeable wear and tear. The luxury of this hotel is in the details. Coastal themed tiles in the bathroom area and fireplace were a nice touch, as was a shell-shaped nightlight near the sink. High-end shampoos and lotions were left for us daily, too.

Something I personally appreciated was a very large closet that kept our things out of sight. We had been traveling for several days by car, with several more ahead of us, and additionally took on many wedding gifts and souvenirs. It was nice to have an out-of-sight place to keep these things, rather than having them strewn about the room on tabletops and vacant chairs (as is the case in some hotels).

Our jet tub and fireplace were wonderful after long days and chilly evenings! One glitch in our room was that the wood blind for the window by our jet tub was broken (and stuck down). It wasn't a big deal though, as we wanted it down most of the time anyhow. I'm sure we could have asked to have it fixed had it bothered us.

This hotel does have wireless Internet, but only in the lobby. The lobby closes at 10 pm and opens at 7 am, which makes it a bit inconvenient if you're trying to get some work done after-hours.

In the mornings, the hotel serves delicious buffet style breakfasts from 7-10 in the morning. They have the usual stuff (cereal, toast, coffee), plus homemade items that differ by the day. One day there was quiche, another, waffles, another, pancakes, etc. There were also various types of muffins and very delicious banana nut bread. There were several juices and types of milk (including skim and soy) to drink, aside from coffee and tea.

There is a lovely sitting area in the lobby with comfortable chairs and a fireplace, where we were able to get together with relatives and talk after dinner one night. The hotel has direct access to the coastal trail where we were able to enjoy some scenic strolls along the rocky shore.

Overall, we were very impressed with this hotel. We stayed here two days before, and the night of our wedding and couldn't have asked for a better experience.

I love this Hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member BrookMeakins

My entire wedding party and extended family stayed here the night before my husband and I got married, and it was a wonderful experience. This was a year and a half ago, when they were still in construction on their new wing (don't worry, I've been back since and it's great!), but it didn't distract from the calm or the beauty. The staff is friendly and professional, and the property is breathtaking!

If you can, splurge and get one of the suites with the jacuzzi overlooking the ocean! You won't regret it! I'm happy answer any questions!

Loved the hotel

by TripAdvisor Member DSK/PW

Stayed at the Grand Pacific Suite for two nights over Christmas.. the room was spacious, comfortable and had an awesome view of the ocean.. we cooked X'mas dinner and enjoyed another meal at the Adobe restaurant.. all walking distance from the Overleaf. On the third floor, the exercise room had a wonderful view & there is a washer & dryer as well on the third floor.. One word of warning -- we had no idea what "sneaker waves" were.. there is a path along the hotel for agate hunting.. do not crawl down from the path.. we did.. and a wave swept over us .. we never saw it coming.. The complimentary breakfast was very nice and all the people were so friendly and helpful. We truly enjoyed our visit and would absolutely recommend this hotel, and especially the suite !!

Comments