Econo Lodge Allentown

Orbitz.com Rodeway Inn Priceline.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Good For No Data

More about Allentown

Farmer's Markets? Fruit Stands? Produce? Pick your own? and Hikes?

by visitorfromcali

Hi! I'm taking my family to the Allentown/Bethlehem/Leheigh area for a weekend at the end of the August. We're coming in of a Fri so I think we're going to miss the Bethlehem farmer's market, but I was wondering if anyone could recommend other fresh produce markets, or even better - a great place to pick your own fruit! Last year we picked raspberries in MD and it was fantastic for the kids. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

We were also trying to find some good hikes to do. We'll be traveling with 3 year olds, so not too rough (though we can carry them), but some good sites or vistas would be fantastic.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Farmer's Markets? Fruit Stands? Produce? Pick your own? and Hikes?

by evilprebil

Hey!
Have you searched for Allentown, PA on www.localharvest.org for farmer's markets? There should be tons of places in that area. I'm unfortunately 45 mins south of the Lehigh Valley so all the places I go to are too far for you, but if you find any places and have a question about distance/location I'd be happy to help!
~E

Re: Farmer's Markets? Fruit Stands? Produce? Pick your own? and Hikes?

by Lhenne1

From Thursday to Sunday Allentown has a large Farmers Market at the Allentown Fairgrounds. It's located on 19th St and Chew Street. As for pick your own fruit, there are quite a few strawberry fields outside of town. I like Strawberry Acres, it has blueberries and strawberries this time of year. I have a tip about it on my Allentown page, but their website is http://www.strawberryacres.com/. They have a small market there aside from the orchards and berry fields.

Comments