1701 Catasaqua Road

Scottish Inn Allentown
Orbitz.com Priceline.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Terrible

• Unhealthy and unwilling to be helpful

Spoke and left written complaint with Marva (MDS) asked gentleman behind the desk to go to the room with me and review my complaints, he said: " I believe you" regarding disappointment with the accommodations:

1. top sheet had blood on it
    2. tub drain was "full" and would not empty ( unable to bathe )
    3. sink drain was stuck ( unable to wash up )
    4. no mattress pad
    5. made bed myself
    6. alarm did not work

The following morning I was offered a $17.00 refund and I told them I did not think this was acceptable. Had I not been traveling in such a tight time frame for a funeral, I would not have put my head on the pillow. I sent a certified copy of complaint to owners and received a notice of a $13.20 refund from Scottish Inn and Suites on the next month bill. When I contacted my credit company they said Scottish Inn and Suites stated that they offered me a different room. That statement is a lie. Save yourself from an unhealthy hotel room and unfair guest treatment and do not stay at this facility.

Unique Quality: Blood on sheets - unsanitary bathroom with plugged drainages

More about Allentown

Life in Allentown?

by kuangyi

Dear All,

We are desperate to know more about Allentown, so I hope it's ok for me to post a question here not from a traveler's perspective.

My husband got an offer in Allentown and we need to decide if that's the place we want to settle down for our family.

Would you give me a general idea of how the life is over there? I know it would depend on each individual but more information is better for us to make a decision at this point.

I am currently present in Madison, WI which I really enjoy, not a big city but very functional, a little bit too cold sometimes but very pretty all year long. I wonder if Allentown is like that.

Second, Is it easy to find softball teams for my hobby in Allentown?

Thanks for your help,

K.Y.

by jenifer374

Hi there,

Do you mean Allentown PA? I'm from Milwaukee and have been living in PA about 1 hour from Allentown for about 7 years. It is a much different environment. It's not like the midwest from a personal perspective - less about community, more about individual families.

Allentown is a bit of an old manufacturing town. Close enough to other places. A lot of hiking, etc. It's changing so there are some new ideas coming in but it's not at all like Madison from my perspective. I'm sure you will find softball teams as they are prevalent in all suburbs out here.

Here is a great site for it: http://www.allentownpa.org/index.asp

Hope that helps.

JS

by KalamazooJohn

The previous poster is right. People are not like midwesterners. I lived in Lancaster, about 100 miles from Allentown, for 17 years. I was always considered an outsider by the old time locals. We moved to Michigan, where life is much better.

by kuangyi

Thanks for your reponses.

Now I am a bit worried since I am used to be a midwesterner in Madison,....

My husband and I will be visiting Allentown next weekend.
Maybe we will get more ideas once we are there.

Thanks again, K.Y.

RE: RE: Life in Allentown?

by jadedscenester

Hopefully you have made the right choice and stayed away from Allentown. It's a pit. It's dying. The people who live there have major complexes. Nobody likes each other.

RE: RE: Life in Allentown?

by cathy9510usa

Allentown's not a pit and not dying. It's true the center of town is no longer the place for shopping, but it's a wonderful place to live. Perhaps not what midwesterners are used to in terms of close communities, but people are friendly and looser communities is typical of much of US these days.

The Poconos are an hour away for outdoor pursuits, and New York and Philadelphia are 90 miles and 50 miles away, respectively. There are also lots of parks, including an amusement park and water slides, etc.

by Lhenne1

I was born and raised in Allentown. And I miss it now that I've moved away. It may not be the midwest, but as far as the east coast goes, it's great. Crime is low in the suburban areas and the schools are great. The east coast is fast-paced and rude by nature, so don't let it get to you. You'll meet some great people.

Ten years after I moved away (for work, not by choice) I go home to visit and still run into old friends at the supermarket. Try it out.

Comments