3901 Old Street Road, Bensalem, Pennsylvania, 19020, United States
Expedia.com Travelocity Booking.com

More about Inn of the Dove - Bensalem

Icky!

by TripAdvisor Member HotPam

Dirty....Nasty ...not at all the Inn of the Dove that is used to be when I stayed there years ago on my honeymoon - it was super dirty - not even a radio in the room - Horrible - I was very sceeved out by the room - DIRTY!!!! Needs a complete makeover - EWWW

bad service

by TripAdvisor Member Xospider

The front desk was horrible.
They were rude and mean.
They did awnser any questions I had.
Although, the room looked nice.
The bensalem inn of the dove has very bad service.

-chiyon choi

$227 a night for this???

by TripAdvisor Member steveg1056

I needed to put on my glasses to make sure the bill was right. My girlfriend and I needed to get away for the weekend and I hear about the inn of the dove on the radio. We got to a room that looked like people had just left. First, the door did not shut all the way and there was no second lock to ensure privacy. Second, all of the lights did not work. I had to change a couple light bulbs around to be able to see. Third, one out of the two showers worked. The carpet and bed area was filthy. So we decided to fill up the hot tub and relax but there was no hot water. So I called the front desk and about a minute later they picked up. The guy said it will take about 10 minutes for the hot water because they run the heat on an old oil system. It took about 13 minutes...So in the morning we were awaken to the cleaning lady who came in at 8:30 to clean when check-out was at 11 a.m. She said "Oh, I didn't know anyone had this room" To top that off the coupons we got in the morning for breakfast were a waste because the restaurant was closed for some reason. Bottom line, please look for a nice bed and breakfast or at least a chain hotel where you know your expectations will be fulfilled. This place is worthless

Look at the Picture

by TripAdvisor Member jessgren3

Just look at the picture, and we didnt get any help when trying to resolve the problem. $300 a night, and thats what we got....Also, there were ants...i would never go back again!

Don't Do It!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member chaiteagirl

I really, really wish I had read the reviews here before my husband and I decided to go to the Inn of the Dove for our 2nd Anniversary! The room was just plain dirty. The sheets had cigarette burns in them; the mirrors were dirty. The bed was firm and fairly comfortable, but I couldn't bring myself to let the blanket or bedspread come in contact with my body! The shelf at the head of the bed was filthy with spills, hair, etc. There were also hairs in the shower and sink. Even the (ugly) silk flower arrangements were filthy with dust. The whirlpool tub had dirt in it. It took a very long time to get any hot water at any faucet. The bathroom faucet sprayed water everywhere. The walk-in shower could be nice, but it was also dirty. Also, even though there are 2 shower heads and it could be romantic, it is SO big that you aren't really showering near your partner! It's very dark and feels more like a high school locker room shower. The carpet was dirty and had clearly been pulled up in places. I was glad I had sandals with me and kept them on most of the time. All of the furniture including the TV was old and in bad shape. As far as the "complimentary adult movies," they were supposed to be running on 5 channels, but only ran on 2, and the same things ran over and over again. The refrigerator door didn't close properly and when we tried to close it better, the 'fridge fell into the hole where it was resting! The door to the room barely closed - thank goodness there was a chain - although it was attached poorly and if anyone really wanted to get in, they could. There were dead leaves in our room although it was the end of March. Clearly the grounds are not cared for either. Worst of all, we found a used feminine hygiene bottle in the CLOSET. I have never stayed anywhere and not left a tip for housekeeping, but I certainly didn't leave anything here! The place needs a complete and total renovation. It is very over-priced and obviously we wouldn't recommend it to anyone!! The only thing that made it even slightly worthwhile was the whirlpool tub. Do yourself a favor - stay at a chain hotel where you know what to expect and try to get a whirlpool tub! You will be glad you did!!

A pleasant surprise!

by TripAdvisor Member SRJ143

I was little skeptical after reading all the reviews. But I wanted to surprise my husband for his birthday. I thought it would be romantic and spontaneous to swoop him away from work for a couple of hours. The inn of the dove offers a stay from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. called a Dove Mid-Day(deluxe room). This sounded perfect. I emailed to see if I needed to make a reservation. They responded right away! (I read before that they don’t respond). They advise me of the price and no reservations were required.

When I arrive at the place, I was greeted by a very nice lady. She was very courteous. She took my info and return with the manager. The manager advised me that he had already booked his deluxe rooms and have given me the Honeymoon Suite instead at no ADDITIONAL COST!!!. I thought that was very nice and accommodating of them to do. Especially at no additional cost. He was also very helpful in explaining how to get to our room.

Once we got to the room, I was still a little nervous because of reading the previous reviews. I brace myself and put the key in and open the door. I was shock with amazement. Everything was set up rather nicely. The bathroom was clean. The whirlpool was sparkling. The mirrors were clean. The artificial plants had been dusted. The mini fridge was stock with 3 bottles of water, 1 diet Pepsi, 2 regular Pepsi and 1 Mountain Dew. We also were given 3 bags of snacks. The room was also equipped with wine glasses, mini microwave and coffee pot w/cups.

The bathroom was well equipped with towels as well as the whirlpool. The bathroom sink water did not splash everywhere(as I read before). The shower did have twin heads and a steam shower. The steam shower was not operational. But they still had the bench in there. Let just say that was not a problem!!!! The water in the shower did dispense very hot water as well as the whirlpool. I would agree on the bedding from reading the reviews. They need to update the bedding. Our bed spread did have cigarette burns. You can tell they are trying to keep up the maintenance of the grounds as well as the rooms. I notice new caulking in the shower. I don’t know if I was just lucky or what. But my overall experience was rather nice from the staff to the room. I would try them again and pray that my experience is the same!!!

A Real Mood-Killer, Sadly

I reserved a room at the Inn of the Dove/Bensalem for my husband’s birthday. Checking into our room, we were disappointed to find the jets in our Jacuzzi were non-functional. (We weren’t too keen on the brown water filling the tub, either.) The front desk apologized and helpfully gave us an upgraded room. We repacked and moved to the next room, where…the Jacuzzi jets didn’t work. (At least the water appeared clean.) Called the front desk again; the clerk tried to help, advising me to fiddle with this knob and that faucet, but no luck.

We received a $35 discount and the key to a “specialty suite.” Once we found the suite – the Bensalem location is maze-like - and forced the door open, we were appalled. This was quite possibly the ugliest hotel room we’ve ever seen. A set of red marquee lights twinkled merrily around the upholstered canopy of the round bed – itself a hands-down winner of the Oh, My Back! Award for the most uncomfortable bed I’ve ever slept in. I couldn’t get the room lights on (and the marquee lights OFF) fast enough. The décor included dollar-store “Chinese” vases and a Japanese tea set – let’s call it an “Asian theme.” At least the Jacuzzi worked. We decided to make the best of it.

All three rooms were lacking in areas other than the Jacuzzi and the décor. For instance, Inn of the Dove promises five adult-movie channels. In our first room, we had two. The next room, only one. In our final room, we had none at all. For us, this is not a big deal, but if that’s your thing, you’re going to be disappointed. We also found a non-functional shower head in one of the rooms, varying levels of cleanliness (including gnats in one room), and the entry door of our final room, as noted above, had to be forced open (and slammed shut). Clearly, the management, maintenance and cleaning staffs have lost interest.

This was not our first trip to the Inn of the Dove, but it surely was our last. Having read some of the other reviews, we feel lucky not to have encountered more dirt and more insects. But given its reputation as a place for romantic interludes, the place is now a real mood-killer.

Skin burning mouse haven anniversary present

by TripAdvisor Member pinktoes

My husband and I went to the Inn of the Dove in Bensalem for our 4th wedding anniversary. The waiting area was nice and so was the front desk lady. We rented the room with the private pool. We were told over the phone that check in was at 5:00 and check out was at 1:00pm the next day. Our receipt stated we had to be out by 11:00am.
When we open our hotel room it was a bit musty smelling. The pool had so much cholrine that my skin was burning, itching and felt gritty. the walls of the pool felt a bit slimy and there were little black specks in the water. The Jacquzzi had hair (pubic hair), dead gnats and grim. Then I pulled the sheets back and found hair in the bed.
I went to the front desk we waited about 10 minutes for the front desk lady to appear.Then requested a fresh set sheets and explained the tub was dirty They gave me fresh sheets (which I changed myself) the maitainance man came over and cleaned out the tub.
I came back with a can of Lysol and sprayed the bed and the shower. There was mold in the grout.
Trying hard to get my 450.00 worth I opted to stay the night only to wake up at 2:00 to sound the of something running behind the head board and chewing. I tried to hang the rest of the night but by 4:30am I couldn't take it. The chewing was louder, the running was louder in the walls. So, we left. the manager gave me a hundred dollar credit. Since I stayed most of the night.
I will never go back to the Inn of the Dove any of it's locations every again. It took about a week for my skin to stop itching from the cholorine.

This place needs to be torn down!

by TripAdvisor Member carcus88

My wife and I stayed here for the first time for our forth anniversary and sadly I wised we would have stayed home. This has to be the dirtiest, most outdated unromantic place we could have stayed at. I would have had a better time sleeping in my car!

The landscaping around the place is horrible, the rooms and buildings need serious work, the bathroom was dirty, the "hot tub" was tinny (barley a 2 person) and the TV was fuzzy and lacked any serious sound. You can barley hear it with the hot tub running.

This place needs to be gutted and brought up to date or just torn down. I would never recommend anyone to stay here. You will have a better time at the Holiday Inn around the corner for far less money. At least the rooms there are clean and up to date.

Seriously, don't even consider staying here. You will not be happy.

Comments