Amish View Inn & Suites at Plain & Fancy Farm

3125 Old Philadelphia Pike (Route 340), Bird in Hand, Pennsylvania, 17505, United States
AmishView Inn & Suites
Expedia.com Booking.com Tingo.com

More about Amish View Inn & Suites at Plain & Fancy Farm

Loved the Amish View Inn!

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Amish View Inn on March 25, 2006. The hotel is right in the heart of Amish Country and has a rural feel, but the hotel itself is modern and classy and has all of the amenities you could want (indoor pool and hot tub, exercise room, suites with fire places and whirlpools, in-room DVD player, complimentary breakfast buffet, 24-hour coffe and juice, etc.). The hotel is lovely and extremely clean and well-kept. My only complaint, if you could call it that, would be that the staff was not overly friendly; however, they were pleasant and accomodating. All and all, a great place to stay!

A Totally Delightful Experience

by TripAdvisor Member Zulinka

We visited the "Amish View Inn", located in Bird in Hand, Pa. This was a totally delightful experience. From the luxurious room and jacuzzi (for two), the exceptionally comfortable king size bed, beautiful view and delectable breakfast. It is centrally located and a must visit when in the area.

A Memory to Last a Lifetime!

by TripAdvisor Member TexasEXtraveler

This was a surprise trip for my daughters who had not been to Lancaster since we moved away four years ago. From the moment we arrived at the Amish View Inn, we all felt "home." The staff is very courteous, professional, and went out of their way to ensure we enjoyed our stay. Waking up each morning to a "Rockwellsque" view of Lancaster County only adds to the ambiance of the hotel. The free breakfast is ample and well-prepared, and the freshly prepared omlets surpasses the standard "free breakfast." Being knowledgebale of the Lancaster area, I can confidently say the Amish View Inn has raised the bar.

Great Views, Great Breakfast!!!

by TripAdvisor Member razzzbere

My husband, 8 month old and I checked in on a Saturday afternoon at the Amish View Inn. They actually had a wedding going on in the lobby/breakfast area. We were given our room key right away and walked down the hall to a lovely room with 2 queen beds. The curtains were pulled open all of the way to reveal a gorgeous view of the Amish countryside. It was breathtaking to say the least! The room had all of the amenities to include a fridge, microwave, wet bar, tv, dvd, cd/clock radio and a crib for the baby. The bathroom had plenty of towels and nice toiletries. The only thing that lacked were the sheets, kind of scratchy. The room also had an iron and board, hairdryer and make-up mirror. Breakfast came with the room and it was great.....selve serve but a full breakfast with eggs and waffles and all of the extras that you would expect at a regular restaurant. The hotel also had a pool and hot tub which was great because we had it all to ourselves. I would definately stay here again, especially in the winter.

Would never stay anywhere else!

by TripAdvisor Member twoznuf

This is the second time my husband & I stayed at the Amishview. We stayed in the suite with fireplace & whirlpool. The staff is excellent, the rooms spotless, and the free breakfast is delicious. From the bath & bodyworks toiletries to the free cookies and soup, we felt pampered our entire stay. We HIGHLY recommend Amishview and will definitely be back again!

The reviews were right!

by TripAdvisor Member vtsi04

I stayed at this hotel this past weekend with my husband and 2 year old. We had the king suite w/whirlpool and kitchen. We were very happy as soon as we checked in (quick and polite) and saw the room. It was extremely spacious and very, very, clean. The kitchenette area, which I wanted to make it easier to prepare foods for my son, was small but very well planned out. It had an apartment size fridge, small dishwasher, microwave, and was stocked with all dishes and flatware. There was a small dining table adjacent which was perfect for having coffee, small meals, etc. Next to this area was a full living room type area with couch (queen pull out if you need it), coffee table, tv cabinet, etc.
The bedroom (one king bed) was soooo large, we couldn't believe it. The whirlpool bathtub is in the bedroom, off to the side. But with size of the room, it doesn't take away at all. All the rooms, living room, bedroom, etc. have large closets. The bathroom with shower stall and toilet isn't large but there is an adjacent room wtih the sink and large counter. We actually used this area for my son's pack and play and it was like he had his own little room at night. It was great!
As previously mentioned, the breakfast was very good. Nice quality, constantly refreshed with items.
The staff is very nice and helpful.
This is the type of place you could stay for an extended time - our room was like our own little apartment. Also, very well insulated - we heard room doors slam shut in the hallway a few times but nothing else from any rooms, a rarity. View from our room was so peaceful, farmland.
Overall, we've stayed alot of places in this area but this was the nicest. I would recommend it to all types -families, couples, etc.

Very good stay

by TripAdvisor Member Moochiebella

Stayed at Amish view 4-9 thru 4-10 with my two kids 3 and 1 and grandma. Had a deluxe queen room which was very clean and the efficiency set up was excellent. Requested a crib in advance (6$ per day) and it was in the room with a jersey knit sheet and flannel blanket. Bathroom was very clean loved the hotlamp in bath. Had a lovely view of farmlands. Beds were comfy but on the soft side. Rooms were very warm though, and the a/c wasn't cooling it down enough for us. On 2nd nite we opened the windows (sign says not to) and we were much more comfortable. Hotel itself is very beautiful, new and clean. Breakfast was pretty good and had lots of hot and cold options. Juices and hot beverages avail all day which was great with little kids. Used pool which was on the cold side for an indoor pool, the room was steaming hot though.Pool area was also very nice and clean- towels provided were small. Ate dinner at Millers( free coupon with stay: see hotel website)- which I would highly reccomend. Food was fresh, and service was very friendly. Plain and Fancy (on site of Hotel) was not as good and we waited over an hour after being told 20-30 minutes, wait was of course, in the gift shop. Server was very nice though. Also ate at Bird in Hand Family restaurant for lunch which was good. BIH and Millers were free for my kids (3 and under). Strasburg railroad was fun- we will definitely eat lunch on train next time and we did Aaron and Jessies buggy ride which was informative and fun. All in all, we had a great stay. Front desk staff is helpful and polite. I would definetly stay there again!

Above and Beyond

by TripAdvisor Member Sandy6284

Since my husband and I stayed at the Amish View in October and had such a wonderful time, I booked a room for my parents who stayed there 4/16-19/06. They loved the room, the breakfast, everything you read about the Inn. In the wee hours of Wednesday morning, my father became ill -- nothing serious, just the "stomach bug". They were scheduled to return home on Wednesday. Here's my dad sick, and my mom doesn't drive. So they tried to stay another night. The Inn was booked. The front desk not only checked around to find another hotel for them, and offered them to stay in the lobby until they could check in, but knowing that my mother did not drive, got my dad some pepto bismol. Now I call that going above and beyond for a customer. This just cements my decision -- there is no place better to stay in PA Dutch County!

Outstanding service and accommodations!

This hotel was recommended to me by several co-workers and I heartily recommend it to anyone who comes out to Amish Country. The locale is superb and it is near practically everything.

Great. Want to go back!

by TripAdvisor Member angelslame

This hotel is everything all the other members have touted. In a great location in Lancaster County and including a view out our window that showcased working farms. Our room was clean, big, bright, homey, well tended and full of extras (even a lighted make-up mirror). Beds were a little soft for me, but not bad at all. The mirrors were big and clean and the pool was delightful. The room had a small kitchenette with microwave and fridge (for those home-made treats). The complimentary breakfast even included made-to-order omlettes and waffles.

As part of the Plain & Fancy group of services, the hotel had many on-premises amenities including buggy rides, family-style restaurant, gift shop, guided bus tours and a theatre event about the Amish. We were only there for 2 nights and didn't get to do everything but... The restaurant was good (introducing us to the joys of chowchow (a pickled vegetable dish) and since it was family style, we met other travelers). The online coupon for a free dinner for 2 at Miller's Smorgasbord (another of their properties) was yummy, if a bit hectic, as well. The buggy ride was very pleasant, if a bit calculated taking you (with your consent) through the farms where you can purchase hand-made items, and hey, the farmers deserve to get a little off the tourism too. Our driver was Mennonite and grew up just down the street from our hotel he was full of information, when asked, and ready to answer anything. The gift shop came in handy the last day.

We went Mon/Tues, at the very beginning of "the season" so traffic was light and the weather beautiful. We just loved it!

Comments