Fernwood Hotel And Resort

Route 209 & River Road, P.O. Box 447, Bushkill, Pennsylvania, 18324, United States

Fernwood Resort
Expedia.com Travelocity Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Terrible

• Breathtakingly Beautiful ~ Amazing Trip!

Stayed for a weekend and absolutely loved it! Accomodations were clean, spacious, well-furnished, well-lit, and beautiful. Kitchenettes were large and stocked with cleaning supplies and dishes which is always nice. Wifi was inexpensive, restaurant meals were delicious - generous helpings for really reasonable $$, outdoor and indoor activities were inexpensive and great fun. Snow tubing was a BLAST! Gorgeous place - would not only be great for a romantic weekend in the mountains but also be a great place to take kids. HIGHLY recommend it!

Unique Quality: -Golf Course + Mini Golf
    -excellent Restaurants
    -nice Pools (in+outdoor)
    -lots of Tennis, Basketball courts
    -Paintball + Bumper Boats (how cool is that?!)
    -great spa/gyms
    -canoeing, biking, hiking, fishing, touring, etc [Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area right next door, basically]
    -Horseback Riding
    -Video Arcade

• Bitten by Bedbugs

Stayed at this filthy excuse for a resort late July, 2007. Moved to 3 different villas because of a fly infestation, mold and mildew. Last villa gave me bedbugs. The entire "resort" (and how they can bill themselves as a resort is mindboggling!!) is in a 1970's time warp. It is poorly maintained, not landscaped, broken wooden steps, weeds everywhere. The villas are filthy, rugs are disgusting, furniture is worn and torn.
    Had to throw out all of our luggage to prevent bringing the bedbugs into our own home. Management so far is not cooperating with a refund. I have contacted a lawyer and am thinking of going to our local TV affiliate. May also contact the Poconos board of health.

Unique Quality: none

More about Fernwood Hotel And Resort

We have stayed at several...

by louise1928

We have stayed at several properties;
Pocono Gardens Lodge 1994-1998
(this place use to be our favorite spot for winter getaways, but since then we have been getting negative feedback on it lately).

Fernwood Resort - not one of our favorites, the villas were nice, but it was too far from other resort activities

Shawnee resort - we loved our villa, it was a nice quiet setting, however, this resort is so spread out, you definitely need a car to enjoy it..

Splitrock resort and Mount Laurel resort - We visited these resorts on a really bad day, the weather was awful, but from what we could see, Splitrock may be worth a 2nd visit on a better day, but we definitely did not like Mount Laurel Resort...

How to get to Bushkill

by kazander

Here are some directions taken from the Bushkill Falls Website

From New York City and Northern New Jersey:
Interstate 80 to Exit 309, Rt. 209 north.
Turn left onto Bushkill Falls Road at the blinking light in Bushkill, PA.

From New England and Northeastern Pennsylvania:
Interstate 84 to Rt. 209 south.
Turn right onto Bushkill Falls Road at the blinking light in Bushkill, PA.

From Philadelphia:
North East Extension of the Pennsylvania Turnpike north to Exit 33.
Travel Rt. 22 east to Rt. 33.
North on Rt. 33 to Interstate 80.
East on I-80 to Exit 309. Rt. 209 north.
Turn left onto Bushkill Falls Road at the blinking light in Bushkill, PA.

From Central New Jersey:
Interstate 78 into Rt. 33 north.
Follow the directions from Philadelphia.

Nothing Special

by TripAdvisor Member HawaiiKCD

I came to the fernwood resort for a ski trip. The check in ran smoothly and there were no problems. When we got to the room, it was filthy, with a dirty sock, old food and more. The food was okay, nothing special. The staff was kind and sweet, but the room was not acceptable. The hotel was dirty. It was in need of repair and was rundown. I would not stay here again!

disappointed

by TripAdvisor Member advis0ry

I must say even though I stayed at the Fairway villas which was suppose to be newer than the Tree top, it was not what I expected. It was a 2 bedroom villa and it had 3 floors which was neat. But the carpet was dirty, the sofa bed in the living room had several stains and was torn. When we tried to use the sofa bed, the spring was broken and the mattress was torn. We had to call maintenance who came and fixed it the same day. They also shampooed the sofa bed which was nice. Housekeeping was prompt in answering to our request for more towels, etc. The entire villa needs a good cleaning.
But I must warn about the Pizza Hut located in the Fernwood Resort. There was only 1 person working at the restaurant and when we ordered the pizzas at 8:30p.m. we did not get it until 9:40 p.m. When we did, the pizzas were not cooked properly (we could still taste the flour) and were so soft they could not be picked up. I complained and returned what was left. They apologized and assured me that a full refund will be credited to my credit card the next day as it was too late that day. It has been 3 weeks now and I still have not received the credit. I called them and was bounced from one person to another until a customer service assured me she would look into it and call me back. She did not. Next thing I received a letter from Fernwood Resort and they gave me only half the credit because the remaining pizzas was not returned to them. I am still fighting with them for a full credit. I have now learnt a lesson to insist for a credit to your credit card right away and not take their word for it. My only advice is DO NOT EAT here. The service and pizza was horrible!

Motel Hell.........

by TripAdvisor Member Pocono_Traveler_K48

The Fernwood is the absolute worst hotel and resort that I've ever stayed at.

It was so bad that my family and I did not stay even one night because of the alarm system and the pathetic customer service.

The motel from hell had not only one (9pm), two( 12:30am), but three (3:30am), false fire alarms that had stunned customers spilling out into the halways with no answers at all from the front desk.

It was so bad that I did not feel safe staying in the poor excuse of a motel much less a hoteland left immediately and got back on the road at 4:00am in the morning with little or no sleep.

The flea bag motel even had the nerve to bill my credit card after I checked out.

Please if you value you family and your personal safety, stay clear of the Fernwood motel and tourist trap.

This place was horrible.

by TripAdvisor Member jjl29

I booked two nights in a 1 bed room villa with a sleeper sofa.
The villa was in poor condition. The carpet was tattered and dirty, the floor in the kitchen area was stained, the bathroom was in dire need of paint, the grout was black and the wallpaper stained. The sofa was stained and had holes in it. The queen sized bed was hard as a rock, and the sleeper sofa mattress was on its last leg. I had to call housekeeping for replacement sheets as the sheets on the bed were stained. To make matters worse, there were insects in the kitchen and bathroom. We checked out after only one night. Worst hotel experience I've ever had.

We've been coming here for years and we love it!

by TripAdvisor Member Purplehaze925

We always stay at the Treetops Villa in a 2 bdrm that sleeps 6 so my review will be based on the larger rooms.
ROOMS: The 2bdrm that sleeps 6 is 3 separate floors! The 2 bdrms are downstairs, the master bdrm has a jacuzzi and both rooms have a porch. The living room is spacious, large, a lil outdated but nevertheless, comfortable and clean. A spiral staircase leads to the open upstairs loft and holds 2 twin beds. Some other unit amenities are cable, vhs, dvd, porch, full kitchen!!!
NEGATIVES: due to the outdoorsy atmostphere, sometimes it may have lil bugs or ants. I ALWAYS CHECK OUT THE ROOM BEFORE MY ENTIRE FAMILY COMES IN AND STARTS UNPACKING!!!! Saves SOOO much time if u need to change rooms. Also, like i said, it looks like a bunch of 1980's furniture. I don't care, as long as it is clean!
POSITIVES: the staff is helpful, the kitchen is beautiful and practical, the place is huge. These are all of the things ONSITE - There is pizzahut/carvel right in the foodcourt, restaurants, activities, swimming pool, game room, basketball, tennis, golf courses, horsebackriding, massage spa, paintballing, etc. Everything is decently close to the area-supermarket is a few minutes away.
DONT FORGET TO CHECK OUT SOME OF THESE PLACES: the flea market is opened on weekends, Peck's Pond where you can rent a boat and fish at your own leisure (we've been coming to this spot for years and it's the best part of our trip!), paintballing/go-karts, Sunset shooting range, pocono snake and animal farm(you can feed alligators, monkeys, see cougars, bears)
Overall, I LOVE THE POCONOS! For the first year i went, I only went during the snowy season to snowboard b/c I was really confused on what to do that's fun out there for the younger crowd.
I've gathered it all up in one place for your convenience. There is also a nightclub but I've never been to it.
I love it, I come here with family, kids, friends in theire early 20's and there is a lil for everyone to love.

Comments