#3 of 4 hotels in Canadensis
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Based on 56 reviews
HostelBookers.com

Shabby and Neglected -- Hillside

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 22, 2009

It was disappointing. All lodge amenities were closed. After looking at the rooms online, we decided to go for the weekend there and regretted every minute. The rooms are not nice and neat like online; they are shabby and faded with pealing wallpaper. In the first room, the toilet ran. We called the front desk and were told to put up with it over night. Though the owner came to fix it and couldn't, we went into another room that wasn't any better. Did I mention my wife had to move the bags to and from the car both times; she wasn't too happy about doing that twice by herself. On crutches, I had to navigate a snow/ice covered ramp. Again, though the owner said he'd clear it first thing in the morning, my wife called about 12:30 pm to find out how much longer until he planned to clear the walk. The bottom sheet on the bed pulled off the mattress and wadded under me, so it wasn't the best night's sleep after changing rooms. When we returned that first afternoon, the shower hadn't been cleaned at all; once again the desk had to be called. The 2nd night the bottom sheet pulled off on both sides, so my wife made a special call to make sure we had a decent fitted sheet for our last night there. On the positive side, the area was great and local residents were very friendly and helpful. The area restaurants offer wonderful service, and better yet the food was delicious! I would return to the area but definitely stay somewhere else. We paid for three star accommodations, but ended up with not even a one star stay. I would not recommend Hillside to anyone for any reason. Matter of fact I will tell people to avoid this establishment.

Unique Quality: The Sunburst and Mountainview rooms are accessible by those on crutches (sans snow and ice) and possbily wheelchairs though we didn't measure the door widths. However, tubs do not/not have handicap bars. Lastly, though the tub in the Sunburst room is oversized, it will not hold 2, unless they are both under 10 years old. The 2-person tub in the Mountainview rooms actually holds 2 adults.

Directions: In the Poconos.

Nearby Hillside Lodge Suites & Cottages

• Kitchenette
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Canadensis Travel Forum

Need advice about Canadensis, Pennsylvania? Visit the Travel Forum for Canadensis and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Canadensis hotel reviews