Doylestown Hotels

Our Members Say

• marca profile photo marca
  • Reviews: 331

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

1814 House Inn: Great Place at the Edge of Downtown

We received a nights stay here as a gift from our kids. We stayed in a 1st floor room, very large with a handicapped bathroom, refrigerator, TV with DirecTV and a fireplace. You can easily walk to downtown, the SEPTA train and the Mercer Museum. The breakfast, although good, was nothing like the breakfasts served at other B&B in the area.

Living in a quiet area, I was worried about the road noise level at night because the 1814 house in on a busy road. I was very pleased that I got a good nights sleep on the very comfortable bed.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average

• 807Wheaton profile photo 807Wheaton
  • Reviews: 880

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

The Inn at Fordhook Farm: Visit the W. Atlee Burpee Family Estate

We stayed in this beautiful 18th Century home in 1993. I'm sure the family antiques and momentos still grace the Main House and the bedrooms that guests enjoy.
We paid $100.43 for one night at this Bed and Breakfast. That was 12 years ago.
We stayed in the Atlee Room, which was a good size room. I remember being somewhat disappointed with the bed coverings as they were quite common, but it was comfortable there. Breakfast was genereous but it was not quite what I had imagined we would receive in a B&B.

We especially enjoyed visiting the secluded study where W. Atlee Burpee worked on his seed catalogs.
Guests may stroll through the gardens and paths to the meadows and woods.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average