Avalon Hotel

More about Erie

Erie's marinaErie's marina

Lake ErieLake Erie

Erie Maritime MuseumErie Maritime Museum

Casino Senaca "the big weeenner"  thats my dadCasino Senaca "the big weeenner" thats my dad

Travel Tips for Erie

Some of the nicest people you...

by mcharlton

Some of the nicest people you will ever want to meet live in Erie, especially my family.
The picture is just some of my many neices and nephews at my Moms' 80th birthday party. Swimming in Lake Erie and thinking one day I could make it to Canada.

When I was a Senior in High...

by mcharlton

When I was a Senior in High School my economics teacher took a small group with her in her car to see Senator John F. Kennedy speak when he came to Erie.

Before he spoke Jack Kennedy went several steps from the speakers area to shake hands. The crowd was massive and filled the streets of the downtown area. Traffic was blocked off for blocks in all areas. I kept edging my way to the front of the crowd, kept eyeing Kennedy as I edged my way through. I reached my arm out further and further until, I could not believe, John Kennedy held my hand, smiled in my face and said 'very glad to meet you'. At that instant I felt faint and thought I was going to pass out. Everything became a blurr and I was dumb struck. I don't think I said a thing but just looked up into his beautiful eyes with my mouth wide open. Afterward all I could say was 'I touched him, I touched him'.
As I listened to his speach, 'Ask not what this country can do for you but ask what can I do for my country', everything was in slow motion and I will never forget this for the rest of my life.

Thank you Katheryn Barber, my teacher, for taking me to this lifetime event.

Sailing on Presque Isle Bay

by James_Lawrence

There are one or two sail charter groups that will take you on a cruise around Presque Isle Bay. Might want to go to www.visiteriepa.com to get more information.

Who knows, maybe if you make some friends they'll take you aboard their sailboat.

Wednesdays during the summer you can check out the sailboat races starting at 7:00 p.m.

THE ERIE FROGS

by beaniezotzim

"FROGS"

There are frog statues all over Erie, Pa. They are a sort of Erie outdoor art project. They are each unique and painted differently. some are painted to look like....... a frog.......... and yet others are a sort of ode to whatever the artist felt was worthy of respect or concideration.... take a look at some of these things, they are pretty cool when you concider it... especially for a tourist who doesn't quite know what to do in Erie. You can devote a whole day driving around and taking pictures of these guys.

Comments