3202 West 26th Street, Erie, Pennsylvania, 16506, United States

Hudson FallsHudson Falls

Travel Tips for Erie

Watch the ships come in at the South Pier

by James_Lawrence

While Great Lakes freighters (some 1,000 feet long) still visit the Port of Erie terminal,
the traffic is nowhere near pre-1970's levels.

But if you visit the 'South Pier' area, you just might see one of these mighty vessels float by. In the warmer months there is a steady procession of recreational boats, charter fishing boats, and the occaisional tall ship.

The 'South Pier' is located on the city side of the channel to Erie's harbor, Presque Isle Bay. There are plenty of places to park. Follow the Port Access Road from the Bayfront Parkway.

The South Pier also hosts a number of local anglers who line the pier on evenings and weekends.

You can see two of Erie's three lighthouses from the South Pier. The North Pier light and the Land Lighthouse.

Value City Department Store

by allenkite

Bargain shopping . . . Full line department store with name brand items . . . 40 to 70% savings . . . I actually had to ship my purchases back by UPS . . . The best deals on clothes I have ever found

BuickMackane's Erie, PA Page

by BuickMackane

"(I have relatives who live here!)"

I'm just beginning construction on this page, so I wanted to say that I'm especially honored that VT gave it a Top 5 rating. I promise to keep up the good work -- thanks :-) !

My mother's family emigrated from Freising, Bavaria, Germany to the United States. They originally lived in New Jersey, but for many years gravitated to the large German community in Erie, Pennsylvania before moving back to NJ and finally returning to Freising permanently. My half-brother recently repurchased the house my grandparents owned about 60 years ago, purely for sentimental reasons. In all honesty, it's become a pretty scary neighborhood these days. While visiting other relatives in New York State, we took a day trip to downtown Erie and checked out the house. I'll upload the pictures after I get them developed!

Comments