7865 Perry Highway, Erie, Pennsylvania, 16509, United States

More about Erie

The old bow of the USS WolverineThe old bow of the USS Wolverine

WineryWinery

Erie Maritime MuseumErie Maritime Museum

pathway to a small island - Niagra Fallspathway to a small island - Niagra Falls

Wine on the Lake

by Aloe9678

Has anyone been to this event? The website keeps saying the server isn't available, but I think it sounds like a fun way to spend a day.

Re: Wine on the Lake

by Pomerol

Try this site: it works fine: http://www.wsee.tv/wineonthelake/

I couldn't comment on the event but can't say that Penn wines are highly rated...

Re: Wine on the Lake

by Aloe9678

Thank you, that's the site I was trying to get to last night; they must have been doing some updates. Not many, because they still have the vendors from last year listed, but at least it's working now.

Travel Tips for Erie

My brother wasn't home when I...

by BuickMackane

My brother wasn't home when I went to visit him. In fact, I bumped into him in the parking lot of a nearby convenience store called Country Fair.

He told me that the building which previously existed on the site of the convenience store had been the old Plymouth Tavern, a favorite neighborhood hangout about 60 years ago. However, mtwohig, an Erie resident who has some wonderful pages here on VT, was kind enough to research this and found out that the Plymouth Tavern is still very much in existence. I will continue to do some sleuthing and find out exactly what used to be on the site of the Country Fair convenience store -- this story is getting interesting!

GO TO A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL GAME! THE SEAWOLVES!

by beaniezotzim

Well, I couldn't really tell you much about this because we actually got rained out of a game, I still had fun. I got to meet the mascot. and take a picture with him, but unfortunately those were in the days before I had a digital camera so I don't get to show you me and the mascot... : (

Eerie Pennsylvania

by filmorefox

Originally from Pittsburgh, PA I moved here in 1992 to find my fortune as a law-talker. 15 years and a couple of careers later, I did not make a fortune but found a place to live. Erie is interesting to say the least.

Comments