452 Baltimore Street, Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, 17325, United States
Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

More about Brickhouse Inn Bed & Breakfast

Loved BrickHouse Inn Bed & Breakfast

by TripAdvisor Member Sugar05

We have stayed twice in this lovely home. It felt like home. The innkeepers made us feel very welcome. The rooms are nice &
comfortable. The breakfasts and afternoon treats are delicious. We highly recommend this inn.
Keith & Amy
Pasadena, MD

Four thumbs up!

by TripAdvisor Member AMB&JAS

My wife and I stayed at The Brickhouse Inn October 27th-29th, 2006. Tessa and Brian, the proprieters, were welcoming, the property was charming, the breakfasts were fillng, and the bed in our room, the Ohio, was sleep-inducing. The property was centrally located to everything. It's worth many return visits.

Some advice:

(1) Ask for a room at the back of the property, away from Baltimore Street. Ours, the Ohio, was and it was quiet.

(2) There's no elevator. So if you get a room on the top floor, like ours, you may get winded negotiating the narrow staircases if your luggage is heavy.

(3) My wife didn't like the cramped shower stall, and the lack of counter space in the bathroom.

Brickhouse Inn was wonderful!

by TripAdvisor Member janeyellen

Although most of the weather was cold and wet, Brian and Tessa
and their staff offered us a warm and cozy weekend. The inn is very lovely and the delicious breakfasts. They are very good at meeting special dietary needs and taking care of all comforts.
They are also very knowledgable about what is going on in town and the restaurants and were able to help us coordinate weekend plans.
Brickhouse Inn is in a perfect location - close to everything, too!
We will definately go back and we certainly recommend the inn!

Pleasant Stay

by TripAdvisor Member AWN

We were delighted with the Brickhouse Inn and were pleased we stayed there. All in all, the inn is top notch. Our room, the breakfast, the innkeepers attention all exceeded our expectations. We enjoyed sitting in the public rooms drinking tea and eating home made cookies which are available during the day. The location is great for walking to just about anywhere. We stayed in the Welty House - the Kentucky Room. Although very comfortable and roomy, there was a lot of traffic noise from Baltimore Street. Even so, I would definitely stay there again.

Stay Here for a Memorable and Delightful Experience

by TripAdvisor Member mariahovatter

Putting together a trip for my husband and my parents to go to Gettysburg this fall, I researched the Brickhouse Inn online and found the staff to be communicative and helpful. I chose their most economical room (my husband and I) as well as one of their suites (parents).

The four of us arrived 5 hours before check in time and were happily greeted by a staff member who took our bags and directed us to the parking lot (super convenient). We left the car and started our adventure. The Inn's location is convenient to everything you want to see.

We checked in and were given a helpful overview of the Inn and surrounding areas as well as pamphlets to stay organized on local events.

The Inn is superbly decorated and immaculately clean. It is very comfortable and elegant and both Brian and Tess (and staff) are warm, gracious and helpful hosts.

Our accomodations exceeded our high expectations- the breakfast food was creative and filling, and the meals were a really wonderful experience.

My parent's suite had a porch that was large and would handle 6 people very comfortably. The pond and trickling water feature and landscaping give the Inn's yard a very relaxing, zen feeling.

There is no other place I would ever want to stay in Gettysburg. The Brickhouse Inn exceeded our high expectations and is truly a beautiful and easy place to enjoy.

Great B and B

by TripAdvisor Member dontwantascrrenname

This was a wonderful B and B at a reasonable price. Everything was absolutley immaculate. Very comfortable and inviting. Beautiful grounds, wonderful full breakfast, generous and congenial hosts. Even had a masseuse on site! They were able to get us dining reservations at the last minute for a party of 8 at a great restaurant. Would love to stay here again!

She who must be happy

by TripAdvisor Member mustbehappy

My husband was thrilled, I was happy. When I am not happy, especially when it is a special occasion, I tend to let others quickly know that I am not happy. Everything was perfect. Everything looked as nice as it had on the website, which we all know is not always the case. Everything was so clean, that's always a winner with me. We stayed in the Kentucky Suite. The suite has a great big bathroom, with a claw foot tub, and a darling attached porch, with rockers, and the porch overlooks a very relaxing garden with a Koi pond. These aspects of the suite make it a great value, this was why I booked this suite, and it all looked the way it looked on the website. This was my anniversary weekend, it needed to be perfect, I had planned this for six months. I had been disappointed on my birthday weekend (another place/another review) and I couldn't take another disappointment, or rather my husband would not have been able to take another disappointment. My husband and I want to thank our hosts at the Brickhouse for a wonderful weekend and especially for making me happy.

LOTS OF NOISE

by TripAdvisor Member berrie

My family stayed at the Brickhouse in Oct.....the owners were very friendly and the room was clean and comfortable.....we had a room on the lower level, facing the street and the location of the inn is close to everything......my only negative is the noise! It was into the wee hours of the morning......very large tractor trailers and groups of motorcyles speeding by only 15 feet from my bed.....seriously! It seems that we were too close to everything....especially the traffic.....I am a heavy sleeper, but I was awake half the night with the beeping and roaring motors.....if you are a light sleeper, forget about staying here. Breakfast was ok, but not very filling.....we went out to eat every morning .....down the street where the kids could get pancakes and waffles....the inn is not worth the price that is charged and I have plans to return to a nearby hotel up the street which has rooms off the main throughfare and is half the price.....we took all the ghosts walks just for fun.....the biggest rip off is the Jenny Wade midnight tour.....it included a wierd lady who kept talking about spirit guides and never answered our questions without alot of mumbo jumbo ghost speak...she was the scariest part of the ghost tour......and she was trying to be serious...or at least I think she was..... don't fall for those cheesy ghost walks....they are just a money maker and I feel an insult to the true meaning of his historic town. The battlefield tours are terrific, especially if you pay the 45.00 and get a private guide. We enjoyed visiting the Eisenhower farm which is left exactly as it was when the president was there.....he had every modern convenience and its funny to see how modern phones and t.v.s looked back then....

Brickhouse Inn, a lovely B&B in Gettysburg

by TripAdvisor Member Stasz

My husband spent four days in Gettysburg PA in October and stayed at The Brickhouse Inn. The InnKeepers, Brian and Tess keep a lovely Inn. The breakfast each morning is superb. All the rooms are decorated lovely, and are very clean and comfortable.
The grounds are extremely lovely as well, Brian is an excellent gardener and takes pride inn his garden. The Inn is in a great location, walking distance to the battlefield and is right in the center of all the lovely shops and eateries. Gettysburg is a very interesting place to visit, full of history and ghosts! We came back with a stack of Civil War reading material. It is a very nice place to visit, particularly if you like history. The Brickhouse Inn would definitely be my choice again for a return trip to Gettysburg.

Maureen S.
Levittown, NY

"A BEAUTIFUL INN! WONDERFUL INNKEEPERS! A GREAT PLACE TO STAY!"

by TripAdvisor Member HappySmiles

This past month my fiance and I decided to book a last minute weekend getaway to Gettysburg to escape from "life's stresses", as well as to prepare ourselves for the upcoming holiday excitement. After hearing about The Brickhouse Inn in Gettysburg from close friends of ours, we chose to book a weekend there. What a fabulous choice this was! The inn is beautiful. The minute you walk in you feel very welcomed by Brian and Tessa, the innkeepers, and their enthusiastic staff. When they took us to our room, I was amazed by the beauty of it. The room was very cozy and warm. The room was also very clean, as well as the entire inn. While checking inn, Tessa recommended that I book a massage with their massage therapist. What a great suggestion. I contacted the inn's massage therapist, and I booked a massage for late Saturday afternoon. How wonderful! The massage was performed in the carriage house located at the inn. It was very relaxing, and a great suggestion. We also enjoyed that the inn was in the heart of Gettysburg. We were able to walk to the battlefield and all of the great shops in town. The most enjoyable aspect of our stay was the tasty breakfast we were served each day and the delightful service we received. After each morning meal, we were set for the day. Our bellies were full and satisfied! The presentation of the breakfast was great as well. Overall, our experience at The Brickhouse Inn was incredible. Both my fiance and I will book a stay at the inn again! We were very satisfied with all aspects of The Brickhouse Inn! Thanks for a great stay and making us feel at home!

Evergreen Cemetery to the EastEvergreen Cemetery to the East