Colton Motel Gettysburg

Orbitz.com Priceline.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Average

• TabithaC's Profile Photo

Best Place... EVER!

This place was amazing. I had gone to this motel with my history club from college. There were at least 10 of us. We all loved it. Yes, the motel is older but that just added to the feel of Gettysburg. Ms. Brenda (the manager) was the coolest and very helpful. She helped us settle into our rooms and suggested the best places around. I want to go back just to see her!

• stthomasdreams's Profile Photo

Worst Stay Ever Never Again

My husband and son and I have been staying at this motel for a long long time about 10 years and this by far was the worst year ever. And I can guarantee the last time we will stay there. First they put us in the upstairs room which would have been ok but the steps going up are narrow and steep and rotting and falling apart, then the deck and walk way is all rotted wood that goes up and down when you walk, not to mention very narrow, the rail is loose and falling apart and is an accident waiting to happen. I mentioned it several times and never once even though I mentioned I am disabled did they offer to move us down stairs instead we were told be lucky you have a room and walked away. On Saturday we came back to the room to find a huge bag of garbage that was left and no towels again when I mentioned it no one offered to do anything to correct it. Then on Sunday after a day at the battle field we came home to find that a 12 pack of beer and two sick packs of pepsi were missing and again when it was mentioned nothing was done at all, except for the fact that we were woken up by the maid pounding on our door asking how could we say that and no one would have done that and again when I talked to the manager and the owner they did the same thing, all I know is they did not walk out of their own their own someone stole them. They offer free wifi service except no one knows the password to allow you to get in. The worst stay ever and will never put my family through that instead of resting and relaxing I was stressed the whole time we were there. It was dirty and unsafe

Unique Quality: Dirty rooms, ignorant people, unsafe place to stay

• Public Notice from Colton Motel Management

To the guests and potential guests of the Colton Motel in historic Gettysburg, Pa.,
    This is an official statement with a modest explanation of current events and an apology from the staff and management of the fore mentioned property.

As the manager of the Colton Motel for the past six years I have enjoyed a privilege and respect of personalization in this experience that has been second to none in my life as to getting to know and appreciate each and every guest that has chosen to stay with us. Through the years this relationship has brought more pleasure to my heart and life than many of my life experiences. It is a every sad day for me to make these comments which have had such an adverse effect on the patrons and employees of this fine establishment. But as life goes on so must I, so I am letting you folks that have taken the time to read this statement know that as of this moment I, Andrew R. Manley have resigned as the resident manager of the Colton Motel effective immediately and am embarking on a sabbatical.

As for a reason and rational to this statement please allow me to explain. As of April, 19th a series of events have struck my family in a very personal way and because of these events have also effected each and every member of the company from the house keeping and maintenance staff to the management and ownership of the company. On this date and over basically a three week period four beloved family members of mine have passed away. My mother, who was known and loved by many of our previous guests, passed away first then a nephew, then my father and then also my companion over the past five years, miss colleen , my pet dog. Who I might add was loved by many guests over the years as well, heck she was so popular that she even had her own post card.. May they all rest in peace and may we all meet at the rainbows end once again.

However, due to the circumstances that have been out of everyone’s control I would like to personally apologize for any guests ill comfort while staying with us during this time frame as I am sure we all have felt my lose in one way or another. Please do not take the new reviews during this time, personal or allow them to influence your decision to lodge with us in a negative way. Although all reviews are and should be taken seriously please realize that all of our employees are only human.
    Also, as a result of my departure from the Colton Motel, I want you folks to know that my daughter, Miss Automa will be staying on, filling my boots in a way that will continue the high standard that I implemented from day one of my tenure with this establishment. I have trained her well and she will still be here to assist anyone who has any questions or needs any help. As a result of these current events I would encourage anyone who is considering in lodging with the Colton Motel in the future to please take a moment to except this humble excuse and explanation for any short comings you may have experienced.

Thank you all for your support and hopefully we will meet again someday in the future. God Bless and again thank you.

Sincerely yours,
    Andrew R. Manley, Former Manager of the Colton Motel, Gettysburg, Pa. U.S.A.

• Awesome Fun

Went for the new years eve celebration and fireworks downtown. They where awesome.

Andrew the manager had told us about it and made such a big deal about it that we had to check it out for ourselves. We did, and again his advice on what to do and see was right on.

The office was decorated with a patriotic christmas tree and the property was done in garland between room sections. A support our troops theme, was abundent and this we liked.

Unique Quality: Andrew and his daughter as well as the staff, make you feel special, comfortable and relaxed.
    They will get you excited about your adventures ahead.

The location is the best as far as being near things to do in Gettysburg. You can walk to just about anything from shopping at some cute gift stores to having a great dinner at one of the many near by resturaunts.

• They treat you like family

I can't say enough about this motel. It is in the middle of every thing. The service and price is better than the big fancy hotels and you are treated with respect. We parked our car and where in walking distance to every thing, it is the best and only place my family will ever stay when we return to Gettysburg.

Unique Quality: Andrew and his daughter Ms. Automa are the nicest people you will ever want to meet. They are very informative of the area as far as where to go and what to see. They saved us from the tourist trap. Andrew suggestions where right on.
    As for the housekeeping staff, they where on the job and worked very hard to make sure we had the things we needed for our comfort. The beds where comfortable and we have no complaints. The two housekeepers, Franky and Jerry are awesome. They were had working and friendly.

Directions: Walking distance to everything in town. Attractions, Resturants, Shopping and Taverns.

• Try it you'll like it....

The only place to stay. They have the best rates in town. Andrew the manager will make you feel like you are home for the holidays. He knows more of what to do than any other place in town. He never steered us wrong. Thanks Andrew for another great visit. We'll see you soon.

Unique Quality: It is all great and the location is the best. Just park and go for a walk. Everything you could need is within short walk. If you can't find something or you just don't know what to see, well then just ask the manager Andrew, he will save you $ on your touring.

P.s. The pool is the greatest, clean and clear, you can't ask for any more than that.

Directions: Within walking distance of the National Visitor Center. The National Cemetery is right behind the motel.

More about Colton Motel Gettysburg

Excellent Place!

by TripAdvisor Member DenvCo1

I have been going to Gettysburg for many years now. It is a yearly trip. I had a great time staying at the Colton motel. Andrew was an excellent host. He made sure everything was perfect. His friendlyness and willing to help no matter what is amazing. I felt like I was staying with family and not "just another motel". If you are looking for a place that is close to everything, nice atmosphere, and accessability to attractions, this is the place for you. Great deal for the price!

Travis Wilcox

Chardon, Ohio

Manager Andrew rocks!

by TripAdvisor Member R70

The Colton Motel is a great place to stay for little money. The rooms are clean and everything in the rooms works (e.g. TV, AC), which can't be said for every motel. A special reason for staying there is the extremely nice and cool manager Andrew. He is a hoot! He is always in a good mood and thus makes your stay a very pleasant one. Moreover he gives you great tips regarding cheap places to eat (the Mayflower Restaurant was great, man!) and what to do in the vicinity.

Great Family Spot

by TripAdvisor Member OK2Search

As a business executive in banking who often travels, I am used to staying at Marriotts, Hyatts, and Hiltons. Family vacations can be different of course, and in Gettysburg, the upscale choices are non-existent. Based on reviews here, and armed with a sense of adventure, we narrowed our choices and then decided to stay at the Colton Motel in early August with my children.

A superb choice! As a cost-effective destination, I can tell you that this establishment is wonderful! Was Andrew awake to greet us as we pulled in after midnight, as we called ahead to say we would? Yep. Was he friendly and cordial? Absolutely. Was the room clean and comfortable and perfect for a traveling family? Without question. (The key factor, right?) Are the employees some of the most knowledgeable about the town and sites, and veritable Chamber of Commerce representatives? For sure.

You can't get any closer to the main Gettysburg sites than this motel, which is a real PLUS. Now, no, it will never be confused with a Marriott. But RELAX! It was quiet, clean, and a perfect family place. My kids liked it better than the Hyatt Regency we were in a few days earlier and the upscale midtown Manhattan hotel we stayed at a few days later (both at 4x the price, as you can imagine). This has to be THE place to choose in Gettysburg. We loved it, and only wished we could have stayed longer. Simple, clean, affordable, pleasant. Clean bathrooms (no Italian marble; just spotless and large), comfortable beds, and even cable TV. The most wonderful type of place to stay on a family vacation. We were extremely pleased with the choice.

Great place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member travel613

We've stayed at the Colton before and will continue to do so. The cost of our stay at the Colton was an exceptional value. Generally, August is prime time for inflated rates in the imotel ndustry, but not at the Colton. The rates there are among the best in Gettysburg. The manager is always helpful and ready with a suggestion that makes the vacation even better. The place and the people offer an old-fashioned charm. The location is perfect because the battle field is right out the back door but you have the shops and restaurants along the avenue out front. You can park your car and not get back in again until you check out if you like.

The Colton Saved our Gettysburg Stay!

by TripAdvisor Member chitchit007

When we decided to go camping in Gettysburg we had no idea how popular this attraction was to people with RVs. We arrived in town late and soon realized that there were no open campsites left! The manager of the Colton, Andrew, was very kind and helpful. He was able to provide us with a room. Even though it was a smoker's room and we are not it was surpisiingly clean and fresh. We were able to enjoy the cable televison and the pool. We spent the night walking around the town and enjoyed dinner at one of the close resturants. Best of all, we were in biking distance of the battlefield which we went to the next morning. If we had not had found this hotel, our trip would have been ruined.

Comments