Colton Motel Gettysburg

TabithaC's Profile Photo

Best Place... EVER!

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 29, 2013

This place was amazing. I had gone to this motel with my history club from college. There were at least 10 of us. We all loved it. Yes, the motel is older but that just added to the feel of Gettysburg. Ms. Brenda (the manager) was the coolest and very helpful. She helped us settle into our rooms and suggested the best places around. I want to go back just to see her!

stthomasdreams's Profile Photo

Worst Stay Ever Never Again

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 22, 2009

My husband and son and I have been staying at this motel for a long long time about 10 years and this by far was the worst year ever. And I can guarantee the last time we will stay there. First they put us in the upstairs room which would have been ok but the steps going up are narrow and steep and rotting and falling apart, then the deck and walk way is all rotted wood that goes up and down when you walk, not to mention very narrow, the rail is loose and falling apart and is an accident waiting to happen. I mentioned it several times and never once even though I mentioned I am disabled did they offer to move us down stairs instead we were told be lucky you have a room and walked away. On Saturday we came back to the room to find a huge bag of garbage that was left and no towels again when I mentioned it no one offered to do anything to correct it. Then on Sunday after a day at the battle field we came home to find that a 12 pack of beer and two sick packs of pepsi were missing and again when it was mentioned nothing was done at all, except for the fact that we were woken up by the maid pounding on our door asking how could we say that and no one would have done that and again when I talked to the manager and the owner they did the same thing, all I know is they did not walk out of their own their own someone stole them. They offer free wifi service except no one knows the password to allow you to get in. The worst stay ever and will never put my family through that instead of resting and relaxing I was stressed the whole time we were there. It was dirty and unsafe

Unique Quality: Dirty rooms, ignorant people, unsafe place to stay

Public Notice from Colton Motel Management

by written on May 16, 2008

To the guests and potential guests of the Colton Motel in historic Gettysburg, Pa.,
This is an official statement with a modest explanation of current events and an apology from the staff and management of the fore mentioned property.

As the manager of the Colton Motel for the past six years I have enjoyed a privilege and respect of personalization in this experience that has been second to none in my life as to getting to know and appreciate each and every guest that has chosen to stay with us. Through the years this relationship has brought more pleasure to my heart and life than many of my life experiences. It is a every sad day for me to make these comments which have had such an adverse effect on the patrons and employees of this fine establishment. But as life goes on so must I, so I am letting you folks that have taken the time to read this statement know that as of this moment I, Andrew R. Manley have resigned as the resident manager of the Colton Motel effective immediately and am embarking on a sabbatical.

As for a reason and rational to this statement please allow me to explain. As of April, 19th a series of events have struck my family in a very personal way and because of these events have also effected each and every member of the company from the house keeping and maintenance staff to the management and ownership of the company. On this date and over basically a three week period four beloved family members of mine have passed away. My mother, who was known and loved by many of our previous guests, passed away first then a nephew, then my father and then also my companion over the past five years, miss colleen , my pet dog. Who I might add was loved by many guests over the years as well, heck she was so popular that she even had her own post card.. May they all rest in peace and may we all meet at the rainbows end once again.

However, due to the circumstances that have been out of everyone’s control I would like to personally apologize for any guests ill comfort while staying with us during this time frame as I am sure we all have felt my lose in one way or another. Please do not take the new reviews during this time, personal or allow them to influence your decision to lodge with us in a negative way. Although all reviews are and should be taken seriously please realize that all of our employees are only human.
Also, as a result of my departure from the Colton Motel, I want you folks to know that my daughter, Miss Automa will be staying on, filling my boots in a way that will continue the high standard that I implemented from day one of my tenure with this establishment. I have trained her well and she will still be here to assist anyone who has any questions or needs any help. As a result of these current events I would encourage anyone who is considering in lodging with the Colton Motel in the future to please take a moment to except this humble excuse and explanation for any short comings you may have experienced.

Thank you all for your support and hopefully we will meet again someday in the future. God Bless and again thank you.

Sincerely yours,
Andrew R. Manley, Former Manager of the Colton Motel, Gettysburg, Pa. U.S.A.

Awesome Fun

by written on January 27, 2008

Went for the new years eve celebration and fireworks downtown. They where awesome.

Andrew the manager had told us about it and made such a big deal about it that we had to check it out for ourselves. We did, and again his advice on what to do and see was right on.

The office was decorated with a patriotic christmas tree and the property was done in garland between room sections. A support our troops theme, was abundent and this we liked.

Unique Quality: Andrew and his daughter as well as the staff, make you feel special, comfortable and relaxed.
They will get you excited about your adventures ahead.

The location is the best as far as being near things to do in Gettysburg. You can walk to just about anything from shopping at some cute gift stores to having a great dinner at one of the many near by resturaunts.

They treat you like family

by written on October 6, 2007

I can't say enough about this motel. It is in the middle of every thing. The service and price is better than the big fancy hotels and you are treated with respect. We parked our car and where in walking distance to every thing, it is the best and only place my family will ever stay when we return to Gettysburg.

Unique Quality: Andrew and his daughter Ms. Automa are the nicest people you will ever want to meet. They are very informative of the area as far as where to go and what to see. They saved us from the tourist trap. Andrew suggestions where right on.
As for the housekeeping staff, they where on the job and worked very hard to make sure we had the things we needed for our comfort. The beds where comfortable and we have no complaints. The two housekeepers, Franky and Jerry are awesome. They were had working and friendly.

Directions: Walking distance to everything in town. Attractions, Resturants, Shopping and Taverns.

Try it you'll like it....

by written on August 17, 2007

The only place to stay. They have the best rates in town. Andrew the manager will make you feel like you are home for the holidays. He knows more of what to do than any other place in town. He never steered us wrong. Thanks Andrew for another great visit. We'll see you soon.

Unique Quality: It is all great and the location is the best. Just park and go for a walk. Everything you could need is within short walk. If you can't find something or you just don't know what to see, well then just ask the manager Andrew, he will save you $ on your touring.

P.s. The pool is the greatest, clean and clear, you can't ask for any more than that.

Directions: Within walking distance of the National Visitor Center. The National Cemetery is right behind the motel.

Nearby Colton Motel Gettysburg

• Continental Breakfast
  • Swimming Pool
  • Free Parking

Gettysburg Travel Forum

Need advice about Gettysburg, Pennsylvania? Visit the Travel Forum for Gettysburg and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Gettysburg hotel reviews

THE MUSEUM AT THE VISITORS CENTER
DOWNTOWN HISTORIC AREAS
CHECK OUT THE CAMPUS OF GETTYSBURG COLLEGE
Things to Do
Delicious food, right in the heart of the town.
Swope House 1836
Hoke-Codori House 1786
Things to Do
"by the skin of our teeth" Plaque
Old Courthouse (1804-59) Historical Marker
Hotel Gettysburg 1797
Stoever House 1817 Historical Plaque
Willis House 1814 Museum
Gettysburg National Miltary Park
Gettysburg National Miltary Park Visitor Center
Things to Do
Always an excellent choice.
Dobbins House 1742
The First Shot(s) of the Battle of Gettysburg
Not just a diner
National Cemetery
Things to Do
When fries are in the name you try them
154th NY infantry monument/Mural by Mark H. Dunk