945 Baltimore Pike, Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, 17325, United States

Booking.com Orbitz.com Comfort Suites

• apbeaches's Profile Photo

Right on the Battlefield

Reasonable hotel that we chose for the location, we weren't disappointed.
    A little noisy, not that special but it worked for us.

Unique Quality: Location, location, Location
    Minutes from all historic locations, right on the battlefield.

• Rich62's Profile Photo

VERY NICE HOTEL

We were only there one night, but the desk personnel were friendly and helpful. the room was clean and large, it was great.

Unique Quality: The location is fantastic. You are so close to the Gettysburg visitor center that if not for a grove of trees you could see it from the hotel.

Their Continental breakfast was better than the average hotel.

Directions: Go south on Baltimore Pike. It will be on the west side of the street.

• Tandybaby's Profile Photo

Gettysburg Comfort Suites

I lived in this hotel for two weeks when moving to the area. They were unfailingly pleasant, accommodating, and friendly. The room was kept immaculate, as were the public areas that I saw. Since staying there, this is ALWAYS the hotel that I steer family and friends to, and we have yet to have a poor experience. It's convenient to the main downtown area (although if you walk up the Baltimore Pike, traffic can be a little dicey for for a bit until you hit the Evergreen Cemetery gate. From there on, it's an easy walk).

Unique Quality: Some people are bothered by the gravestones just outside the back windows. Not me. If anything, the cemetery is lovely, and has some nice paths that provide for a nice walk. If you are creeped out by things like that, ask for a room in the front of the building.

Directions: On the Baltimore Pike (the main road through Gettysburg), just south of town. It's adjacent to the Pike, a casual restaurant frequented by bikers (but not overly rough), and an easy walk or drive to town.

• Wanderer001's Profile Photo

Cheapest of the higher end hotels.

I have mixed feelings on this hotel. It is in fact one of the newest hotels in Gettysburg. It is also one of the cheaper hotels that offer suite accommodations. The pricing breaks down to off season, pre and post season bumb, and standard. If you go during the off season this will be your best deal we did 4 nights in the King suite with hot tube for about $512 tax included.

The hotel itself was very nice. The front desk was helpful, there is a old computer that you can use in the "Business center" in the lobby. As well as wifi and hard lines in the rooms.

The hotel offers contently breakfast which is just like it sounds nothing fancy but included with your stay so you might as well make use of it.

The room size was nice. Bed was comfortable, hot tube was great.

Now the down side, there was water damage on the ceiling which for a newer hotel seems really bad to me. In the room there were dead bugs on all the window sills and a few under the snick. Which I kinda am used to seeing in places that you pay less for but for the price you would think the cleaning staff would be a little more on top of that. Plus it was off season so they were not that busy. I left the bugs there the entire trip to see if they would move, I even messed with the curtains so I knew they would go over there. There was also an infestation of stink bugs all over the hotel. I caught at lest 5 in our room during our stay.

The last point I would like make is with the cleaning schedule. They cleaning staff starts at 10am and ends normally around 4pm. If they skip your room because you are still in it but you leave and they are no longer on your floor you get a note under the door saying that it is the hotels policy to clean each room every day.

All and all it was not a bad stay but for the money I was hopping for a little better accommodations. It still is the cheapest hotel in town with a hot tube in your room. So if you can live with the things I have mentioned give it a go.

Unique Quality: The Evergreen cemetery backs this hotel. If this will bother you make sure to request a room that faces the road. If you don't mind then it will be a little quieter and offers an interesting view both at night and in the morning.

More about Comfort Suites Gettysburg

AWESOME! SUPERB!...Can't wait to go back....

by TripAdvisor Member Lily616

Stayed here this past weekend with my husband and 9yr old daughter. Upon check in we immediately went to our room, and were thrilled with the Evergreen Cemetery view. Our excitement didn't end there. Matt, our hotel Manager on duty, gave us a brochure for a Gettysburg Ghost Tours and more with Johlene, nickname Spooky. What a delight she was. And we became quick friends. Her tour guide Capt Chris, gave us a Ghost Tour we will remember. Not only haunting experiences, but historical too. I highly recommend this tour on 47 Steinwehr Avenue. The continental buffet breakfast was by far the best. You could make your own waffles, scrumptious pastries, assorted cereals, muffins, coffee and tea (which I might add was available in the evenings) plus much more. The pool was so relaxing and my daughter made a few friends. The hotel fireplace was cozy after coming in from the rain. A must place to eat is "The Avenue" on Steinwehr. The food is delicious and the waitresses make you feel like family. My only negative is that we had to leave all our wonderful new friends. We look forward to our stay again in July and again in November. We are truly repeat guests. Thanks Matt and Jay. You truly made us feel at home away from home.

Best in Gettysburg for the Money

by TripAdvisor Member diverdude98

What a nice hotel. It was a nice stay. Everything is spotless and new. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were large and the plasma TV's were so much nicer than what you normally get. We enjoyed waking up every morning for breakfast. The waffle machine, hot eggs and bacon or sausage were terrific. This will be the only place we stay during future trips.

New, Clean, & Reasonable

by TripAdvisor Member robertshops

We were there off-season so the rates were excellent. The room was spacious, comfortable & clean. Obviously a very new facility. Comfortable king bed. Flat panel TV. Located very close to visitors center.

will stay again

by TripAdvisor Member wantedmore

The hotel was clean, the staff friendly. The rooms were a nice size. The only small issue was that the breakfast area was not big enough to accomodate all the guests. some carried their food to the lobby sitting area. Other than that, it was great!

Pleasant stay - great location!!

by TripAdvisor Member Luvs2travel89

This hotel is new, very clean & in a great location in Gettysburg. We were very pleased with our stay. The rooms are a great size and very comfortable. They were a great value for the price we paid per night. The only negative thing that we have to say is that gloves weren't worn by the staff for sanitary reasons while handling the food during breakfast. I was very surprised when it was pointed out to me by my kids. We also noticed that when a plastic fork fell on the floor, it was picked up by the staff member, added with the others and placed in the basket on the counter for use. Other than that, we had a wonderful stay and would probably stay again when visiting Gettysburg, PA. Not sure if we would eat breakfast there again, though.

Very pleasant stay

by TripAdvisor Member trichie4765

We travel to Gettysburg several times a year..we chose Comfort Suites this visit because it's new. Very Clean, good location, good service...for some reason some of the furniture in the beautiful foyer was covered in plastic?

Perfect, New, Excellent Service, Lovely Little INDOOR POOL

by TripAdvisor Member happydtripper

The hotel must be new. Hot breakfast was nice. Flat screen in the room. Crisp clean white towels. Coffee, hair dryer all worked out great. PC w/ internet in the lobby. My son really loved looking at the waterfall koi fountain pool in the lobby while I was checking us in. We enjoyed a nice dinner at a great restaurant next door. It was nice to have a cabineted fridge to save our leftovers in. Close to attractions and next to historic sites. Wonderful pillows and comfy beds. Five-star hotel service at the front desk, very very polite. We were so very pleased-- enough for me to come on here and bother to write this review. The purpose of our trip was to save some commute time and enjoy an indoor pool for a change of pace. It was perfect and exactly what I hoped for. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Great location, value and very nice comfortable rooms

by TripAdvisor Member Kfamilyunited

Our family of 5 (2 adults, 2 teens age 13 and 7 yr old) stayed 3 nights - 4/21/10 - 4/23/10. Arrived very late and no worries. Room with 2 queen beds, pull out couch that accommodated 7 yr old fine was nice size, beds comfy and linens all new. Everything was clean and bathroom was decent size. Breakfast was nice and a decent selection. Free internet! Pool was small but good to cool off after a day of walking. Everything was new and in good working order. I would recommend this hotel for price, and location was great, walked to National Cemetary, Culps Hill and only minutes from the National Park Visitors Center/Museum. There was a restaraunt/bar next door - Pikes - looked liked like a local joint, we stopped for afternoon drink and menu was reasonable with local specials.

Comfortable and Very Close to Visitors' Center

by TripAdvisor Member chathamrosie

The hotel was very close (next "door") to the Gettysburg National Park Visitors' Center.

Upon arrival, the staff was friendly and accomodating. I have a bad back and requested a straight-backed chair from the banquet room. This request was answered with, "No problem," and a chair arrived to our room promptly.

Our room was spacious and extremely clean. The covers on the bed were fresh and clean, the draperies spotless, and the supply of towels more than adequate.

For me, one with severe food allergies, I wish that this hotel offered "residence" suites where I could prepare food. However, that being said, we did have a refrigerator in the room, albeit, not as cold as I needed. This is what I liked least.

On the plus side - again with food allergies - it was GREAT that at breakfast, hard boiled eggs were available. I have NEVER seen this during our travels. This is what I can eat (nothing added). And . . . on day two of our stay, the hard boiled eggs were not visable/available. We asked the girl in charge of supplying items if we could have one hard boiled egg. She kindly and readily said, "Yes, I'll get that for you - how many do you want?" This meant so much to me and my husband.

Very nice for the price !

by TripAdvisor Member realfran1

Stayed over Easter weekend...friendly staff...clean room & pool...quiet & comfy...would definitely stay again, the price is right!

Comments