380 Steinwehr Ave., Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, 17325, United States

Expedia.com Booking.com Quality Inn

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• Good Choice for the Basics

This hotel is a great choice for those looking to stay in the middle of everything without spending a lot - basic motel rooms with the usual amenities. The Family Suite is a bit old-fashioned and worn but clean - kids love the murphy bed that pulls down from the living room wall. For singles/couples, spacious rooms are available with interior corridors (no elevators) and jacuzzi tubs in the bathroom - a great choice in the winter months, and priced under $100/night off-season.

Unique Quality: Close to everything - located beside the National Cemetery & Park, surrounded by restaurants, museums & shops. Continental breakfast offered in a quaint house on the property.

• tompt's Profile Photo

Close to the battlefield

The wirlpool in our room was very relaxing after a long day of taking pictures.

Unique Quality: The motel is opposite the Civil War Museum and in walking distance of the national cemetary and national park visitor center.

Directions: Business Route 15

More about Quality Inn Gettysburg Motor Lodge

Great place to stay!

Stayed here on a one night trip to Gettysburg (too short, yes). Room was excellent, very quiet, breakfast was enough to get us going. We were able to walk to visitors center and the cemetery. The staff was very courteous and professional. The whirlpool tub was a treat, would have stayed longer but had to get home to NH. Definitely will choose this hotel when we return for a longer stay.

This is a motel

This is a road-side motor hotel made look nice from outside. It is perfect for school children who visit Gettysburg because the motel is right next to the Visitor Center. But if you are adults who are used to staying cleaner Hampton Inns and Homewood Suites type properties, you will be very disappointed or even disgusted.

My husband booked a King room for $130 online price, believing the hotel's rave reviews in the Trip Advisor. It was a big mistake. Now we do not know what to trust.

Upon opening the door to the 'non-smoking' King room they gave us, we could smell strong tabacco odor mixed with other nasty things even before setting our foot in. The room looked clean on appearance but there was also strong odor of urine seeping from the bathroom which was still closed at the time. These odors were so strong that I cannot imagine how the housekeeping would have not noticed it and fixt it when they cleaned the room (unless they smoke themselves).

We asked for air freshner spray or equipment, but the front desk said they do not have such thing and they were not interested in fixing the situation. We asked for another room and was offered a 3-single bed room located right above the tour bus parking. We asked about the possible bus engine noise in the morning, and she replied "don't worry, they would not bother you before 6:30 AM"!

It was close to midnight and she was not helpful, so we drove back to a nicer area of the downtown where Best Western Gettysburg Hotel offered a very cute and clean Queen bed suites for $200 which we took and enjoyed the rest of our stay.

Nice but problems

We had our room reserved for 2 nights. When we checked in the commode would not work right. Nice boy came and tried to plunge it, but that wouldn't work. Said they would have to get maintenance the next morning. Never did see them. Still had to flush 2 or 3 times. Room was clean and staff pleasant. Tub also wouldn't drain and had to take piece out to drain it.

Terrible!

by TripAdvisor Member thebandteacher

I had a reservation here, based on good reviews from the Tripadvisor. When we got to our room, it was filthy and smelled. There were about 20 wild teenagers monopolizing the pool. There was trash sitting all around in the outside walking areas. We cancelled our reservation and went to the Eisenhower, which was OK, but I wouldn't stay there again. I will say the staff was very courteous about cancelling our reservation.

Stay Away During Rememberance Day Weekend!

I usually stay here during rememberance day, but no more.

there happened to be some very rowdy civil war reenactors
who were drunk and loud, urinating in the parking lot, flicking
cigarette butts onto cars from there 2nd floor room, parking
in other peoples designated parking spots, it was a nightmare!
i complained to the front desk but they said there was nothing
they could do! I suppose thats because they were sold out and those
same rowdies were drinking in there bar. Stay somewhere else
during big events.

Good location, not impressed with the facilities

by TripAdvisor Member jp921

I stayed at this hotel with my family July 15th thru 18th and was less than impressed. The hotel was easy to find and within walking distance to a number of attractions and stores. My impression soured as I walked into the lobby to check in, however. The lobby smelled like terrible body odor, but the staff was friendly and helpful. We got our rooms and spent the next 10 minutes trying to find our numbered parking spot, which seemed to be in random order. We lugged our suitcases up the stairs and finally got to our room. The common hallways also smelled, although not as bad as the lobby. When we opened our door, I was less than impressed. The room was small. The air conditioning unit was working, which was a welcomed treat as temps lingered around 95 the entire stay. The rooms were cleaned everyday and the maids were also very helpful, except when they left trash bags in the hallway directly infront of the external doors. The bathroom was overall pretty clean, and ironically enough, almost as large as the rest of the room!! Perhaps a smaller bathroom would have allowed a larger guest room..... The pool was packed from morning until night, usually with loud teenagers or herds of children. Overall, had a single family member suggested changing hotels, I would have been all for it, but they didnt seem to mind and figured we wouldnt be in the room that much anyway.... If I were to return to Gettysburg (a wonderful town) I think I will stay elsewhere.

OK Stay at Quality Inn Gettysburg

by TripAdvisor Member KTtravel

This is basically a very motel which we picked for the convenient location and swimming pool. The staff were friendly and the room was of decent size. The continental breakfast was only OK. My only complaint was the bathroom: the floor didn't look quite as clean as it should have and there was no fan.

If you are looking for a basic hotel room, I think you'll be very satisfied as the price and location are good. The town of Gettysburg is very quaint and worth exploring (civil war buffs will, of course, be in their element!)

Hated It!

by TripAdvisor Member lexitraveler

We booked a room at this motel based on the better than average reviews we read and we were very disappointed with our decision to stay here to say the least. Our room had the appearance of uncleanliness, stains on the side chairs and carpeting, and there was something sticky on the outside of the sink vanity. Also, I would venture to guess that there has been no updating or improvements to this room in 20+ years. One of the two double beds was very creaky and squeaky and the mattress had no support to it. Since we were only staying one night we just gritted our teeth and got through it. The following morning at breakfast was also a disappointment. The old blue breakfast cottage offered a no frills continental breakfast - my styrofoam plate 'melted' after putting my less than toasted bagel on it. If you like to camp and rough it a bit this would be a great place to stay but if you are looking for a room that is more in line with the one nights' cost of $125.00 best to look elsewhere.

Comments